l realy need your help

Thread: l realy need your help

Tags: None
  1. venmusic said:

Default l realy need your help

l can`t read bass guiter tab. very hard to figure out what the symbols and numbers stand for, just the work below for example l don`t have an idea what the diagram say.

|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|
    |---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|
    |-5-------|-3-------|-1-------|-0-------|-5-------|-3-------|-1-------|-0-------|

Come with lyrics

|-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|-------------------------|
    |-----7---------7---|-----5---------5---|-----3---------3---|-----------2---2--2-0----|
    |-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|----------------------0--|
    |-5------5---5------|-3------3---3------|-1------1---1------|-0--0--3H4---------------|
    Bass Fig.1
    2nd time Fill 1 3rd time Fill4
    |-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|------------------------|
    |-----7---------7---|-----5---------5---|-----3---------3---|-----------2---2--------|
    |-------------------|-------------------|-------------------|------------------------|
    |-5------5---5------|-3------3---3------|-1------1---1------|-0--0--3H4--------0--0--|
    end Bass Fig.1

Pre-Chorus 3rd time Fill 5
    |---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|-------------------------|
    |---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|-------------------------|
    |-0---0---0--0--0--0--|-3---3---3--3--3--3--|-5---5---5--5--5--5--|-5-----------------------|
    |---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|----0--2--0--3--0--4--0--|

3rd time Fill 6
    |---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|-------7--7--5--5--------|
    |-0---0---0--0--0--0--|-3---3---3--3--3--3--|-5---5---5--5--5--5--|-5--0--------------7--7--|

3rd time to Coda
    |---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
    |---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
    |-0---0---0--0--0--0--|-3---3---3--3--3--3--|-5---5---5--5--5--5--|-5--0--5---5--0--5---|

2nd time Fill 2
    |---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|-----------------------|
    |---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|-----------------------|
    |-0---0---0--0--0--0--|-3---3---3--3--3--3--|-5---5---5--5--5--5--|-5--5--5--5--5--5--5---|

Chorus
    |--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|---------------------------|
    |--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|---------------------------|
    |-0------|--------|-5------|--------|-0------|--------|-5------|-(5)--5--------------------|
    |--------|-3------|--------|--------|--------|-3------|--------|---------2--0--3--0--4--0--|

Well. Now You play Bass Fig. 1, Pre-chorus, Chorus with Fills. Then the guitar solo which is

|-0---0---0--0--0--0--|---------------------|-5---5---5--5--5--5--|-5-----------------------|
    |---------------------|-3---3---3--3--3--0--|---------------------|----0--2--0--3--0--4--0--|

|-------------------|---------------------|-------------------------|-----------------------|
    |-------------------|---------------------|-------------------------|------7---7--9--7------|
    |-0---0---0--0--0---|---------------------|-5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--|(7)/9--------------9--|
    |-------------------|-3---3---3--3--3--0--|-------------------------|-----------------------|

|---------------------|-----------------------|-------------------------|
    |-0---0---0--0--0--0--|-3--3--3---3--3--3--3--|-5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--|

|-------------------------|
    |-------4--4--5--5--6--6--|
    |-5--5--------------------|
    |-------------------------|

|---------------------|----------------------|-----------------------|-------------------------|
    |---------------------|----------------------|-----------------------|-------------------------|
    |-0---0---0--0--0--0--|-3--3--3--3--3--3--3--|-5---5--5--5--5--5--5--|-5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--|
    -----------------------/
    Repeat this measure
    6 more times
    Coda
    |---------|---------|-------------|---------------------|
    |---------|---------|----------10-|-10---9--9--7--------|
    |-0-------|-3-------|-(3)---------|----------------10--|
    |---------|---------|-------------|---------------------|

|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|
    |-0-------|-3-------|-(3)-------|-(3)-------|

Fill 1 Fill 2
    |-----------------|-------------------------| G|-------------------|
    |-----3-----------|-------2--2--0--0--------| D|-------4---5---6---|
    |---------------3-|-------------------2-----| A|-5--0--------------|
    |-1------1---1----|-0--0-----------------0--| E|-------------------|

Fill 3 Fill 4
    |-------------------| G|-------------------------|
    |-----2---0---------| D|-----------2--0----------|
    |-------------------| A|------------------2p0-0--|
    |-0-----------2--0--| E|-0--0--3H4---------------|

Fill 5 Fill 6
    |-------------------------| G|-------------------------|
    |--------7---7--9--7------| D|-------------------------|
    |-(7)/9---------------9--| A|-5-----------------------|
    |-------------------------| E|----0--2--0--3--0--4--0--|

regards
    Ven
  2. The Hated said:

I play guitar and can read both sheet music and tablature, and if I had to guess, this is what I think: The words are just there to, more or less, tell you when to play something, and the numbers should be what you actually play. When you see:

|--------| <- Highest string on a four string bass.
    |--------|
    |--------|
    |--------| <- Lowest string on a four string bass.

The numbers indicate what fret you should press down on that particular string, so a 3 on the bottom line would be the lowest string and the 3rd fret. The G, D, A, E near the bottom is odd, because normall it would be at the very beginning (in my experience), because that is probably the tune of the bass, meaning: The lowest string should be the E note open (when you are not holding down any frets), the second lowest string should be A open, etc. That is standard tuning, though, so it shouldn't require much change for you.

I hope that helped you out a bit. You may want to try this song or pick another familiar song and try playing what you think it means. If it sounds like the song you are doing it right. If you still do not understand please feel free to post and I will try to do a better job of explaining.
    Last edited by The Hated; 11-26-2007 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Getting the little diagram right.
  3. venmusic said:

Default thanks for that......

l realy derived a lot of help from your explanations, but what about the (slashes /, for example 7/9 what is it telling me to do?) and the (zeros o) on the strings and others such as Fill 1 3rd time Fill4 and 3h4 as they appear on the strings.
    Thanks for your concern to help me out.
    Ven
  4. The Hated said:

Glad I could help! On to your other questions.. Depending on your physical playing experience with the bass, these concepts may be new to you, but I will try to explain them as best I can.. The slashes '/' means slide. So if you see '7/9' then that is telling you to hit the note on the 7th fret and, without plucking again, slide up or down to the next note specified, which is the note on the 9th fret. (Hold down on the 7th fret. Pluck. Slide your still-pressed-down finger to the 9th fret.)..

The zeros '0' just mean to pluck that string open, without pressing down any frets..

The 'h' is another concept like sliding, except when you see 'h' it means "hammer-on." Hammer-on is similar to sliding in that you will only pluck the string once, but instead of sliding to the next note, you will press down the next note directly. ('3H4' means: Pluck note on 3rd fret. Push down on 4th fret without plucking the string again.)..

As far as I can tell by looking at the tablature you posted, the "Fill 1 3rd time" etc. is just telling you the order to play things. You will notice at the end of your post you have lines of tablature with the heading above them like "Fill 1", "Fill 2", etc. -- I will attempt to explain this, but because of how it is written, I am not entirely sure I will be correct. (I apologize if I offend the author of the tablature, but it seems very convaluted and a pain to read, unless I am reading it incorrectly.) -- It may be saying that the second time you play through play "Fill 3", but honestly I have no idea, because I have no idea of the song, or what has possibly been left out in your post of the song (there is at the very least a Coda missing). You should try listening to the song and just matching it all up. That seems like a pain, I know, but most tabs that I have found aren't nearly as odd to read as this one.. But trust me, matching parts of tablature to songs becomes much much easier the more you do it.. Sorry that I can't help you more with the "Fill x" and all that stuff.

I hope some of this has helped you. Post again if there was anything you still didn't quite get or if you have more questions about tabature legend in general(legend means the listing of the symbols used in a document with their meanings).
  5. venmusic said:

Default you`re good

Thanks a lot, l`m short of words to express my gratefullness to your assistance to me, your easy explanations make me feel at home to study. You are very good. Do you know of any sites where l can get bass guitar or piano tabs for most of the Western gospel songs. Just like l need the piano tab for the song, I`m the Lord that healeth thee, l am the Lord your healer l sent my word and healed your disease l`m the Lord your healer. Don Moen sang this song in one of his albums.
    Compliments of the season
    Ven
  6. The Hated said:

I honestly could not say, sorry. You can try ultimate-guitar.com for bass guitar tablature for secular songs, but I really don't know any sites that specialize in gospel music. It wouldn't be hard to find cheap sheet music for bass or piano, but completely free might take some searching about. So I'm not saying that there isn't a site for what you are looking for (there probably is), but you will either have to be told by someone what it is or kind of stumble upon it by searching for sites with Google, etc. Good to hear, however, that the other posts helped you. I am sorry that I can not help you more. I hope you find the tabs you need.