Indexi - Bacila je sve niz rijeku [need some help]

Thread: Indexi - Bacila je sve niz rijeku [need some help]

Tags: None
  1. ina said:

A koje religije je bila ona a koje on? Zvuči kao na filmu.

Ako se prati pesma, ona je prvo imala samo abortus jer je "bacila sve niz reku i pošla u drugi svet". Znači bila je živa nakon abortusa, a da li se posle ubila ili ne to je nepoznato. Nelogično je da se ubije, jer zašto bi menjala život sem da nije želela da započne jedan nov, tj. da živi dalje, kao nova osoba.
    Last edited by ina; 10-07-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Spring said:

Evo raznih teorija ako je neko zainteresovan: click

To sto je posla u drugi svijet moze a ne mora znaciti da je bila ziva jer ljudi odu na drugi svet upravo kad umru s tim da ja still choose to believe da ga je ona prosto ostavila.

Ares Hades said:

After almost 50 years, what religion they where doesn't matter... what matters is that they are together now. There are many so called 'theories' on the origin of the song, however only one is correct. If we all discovered that we had only five minutes left to say all that we wanted to say, every telephone booth would be occupied by people calling other people to tell them that they loved them.... this was not the case for them, he didn't have a chance to say how he felt about her... but he did it in this song, R.I.P Davorin & Alma...

Quote Originally Posted by ina View Post
    A koje religije je bila ona a koje on? Zvuči kao na filmu.

Ako se prati pesma, ona je prvo imala samo abortus jer je "bacila sve niz reku i pošla u drugi svet". Znači bila je živa nakon abortusa, a da li se posle ubila ili ne to je nepoznato. Nelogično je da se ubije, jer zašto bi menjala život sem da nije želela da započne jedan nov, tj. da živi dalje, kao nova osoba.
    I don't get it... does abortion means 'bacila je sve niz rijeku'??
    Do not translate the song, just read the song as is, there are no trick quotes in the lyrics... just love. He spoke about her being everything to him, carrying their first child 'nosila ja nasu ljubav, nase srece prvi cvijet' being a child.... 'bacila je sven niz rijeku i posla u drugi svijet'... she killed herself by jumping off the bridge into the river... 'zivot je jedan ona bacila'... this is where he blames her for killing of their unborn child...

To; solsolis... you boyfriend sent you the last part of the song, he's probably saying you killed him inside, but we all feel down after the breakup... but LIFE goes on... but not in this song it doesn't.... that was his poor choice of words to describe how he felt about you...

Spring said:

I can't help but notice.. You are saying that she killed 1) their unborn child 2) herself
    and I should add 3) their possible life together (love and happiness etc)

but he is blaming her for 1 life that she threw away?

And how do you know this for sure?

Ares Hades said:

Lets just say that I'm 'her family friend' so to speak...

6. ina said:

I said: If we follow the song.... I don't know what happened with her ("to je nepoznato"). But I believe your jumping on me is not because of my wrong deduction. I am sorry if I sound too logical while speaking about their emotions and lives.

Nevertheless, being a family friend still doesn't prove anything, plus you are subjective. But don't get me wrong, I respect your feelings. I like them too.

Finally, we don't know for sure who wrote the song and who was in his mind, so there is no reason for further discussions. Let's enjoy the song!

7. ina said:

A valjda se kaže "na drugi svet" ne "u drugi svet" kad neko umre. Al ajde...

Ares Hades said:

I said: If we follow the song.... I don't know what happened with her ("to je nepoznato"). But I believe your jumping on me is not because of my wrong deduction. I am sorry if I sound too logical while speaking about their emotions and lives.

Nevertheless, being a family friend still doesn't prove anything, plus you are subjective. But don't get me wrong, I respect your feelings. I like them too.

Finally, we don't know for sure who wrote the song and who was in his mind, so there is no reason for further discussions. Let's enjoy the song!

My sincere apologies, I didn't mean to bash on you or anything like that, however I didn't like when you said that me being a family friend doesn't prove anything. It is the spur of your ignorance, the consciousness of not understanding.... and the curiosity about that which lies beyond that are essential to your progress of understanding, therefore I don't expect you to understand, however please do not insult my intelligence like that.

9. ina said:

u redu.

Ares Hades said:

u redu.
    Thank You Ina...

11. cherrypie said:

Default translation vs interpretation

Hello
    The beauty of music and lyrics is that not everything is spelled out and much is left to the listener to interpret what a song means to them personally. For example Sting's song Every breath you take" has been renowned as one of the world's most famous love songs. However Sting shared that it’s about stalking someone and his own behaviour after a painful break up.

Bacila je sve niz rijeku is an emotional song that can have multiple meanings but a true translation into English would mean that it could be sung as a song and still have the same powerful meaning and effect on the listener.

I am an English native speaker and fluent in Croatian and offer my translation. I have sung it in English to the melody and it works well and stands alone as a song in English

Let me know your thoughts

Stajala je usred baste ko najljepsi cvijet
    She stood in the middle of the garden like the prettiest flower

Kao da je dio maste i muzike te
    Like she’s part of a fantasy and it’s music

Slusala je pjesmu moju posljednju sto pjevam njoj
    She listened to my final song, the last one that I’m singing her

Sad joj kazem zbogom draga a bila je zivot moj
    Now I say Farewell my love, but she was my world

Prosla je kroz moje snove i bila je tren
    She passed through my dreams and she was the moment

Cjelim tjelom bila moja, ja bio sam njen