Arvanitaki And Galani: Big Concert Yesterday In Athens!!!

Thread: Arvanitaki And Galani: Big Concert Yesterday In Athens!!!

Tags: None
  1. tonisalado said:

Thumbs up Arvanitaki And Galani: Big Concert Yesterday In Athens!!!

I was yesterday on the REX MUSIC THEATRE of Athens, in the concert of Elefteria Arvanitaki and Dimitra Galani. So big!!!!!. Amazing concert!!!. They played my favorites: "Xilies bradies", "Dynata", "Tis kalinichtas ta filias", "I zou mou oli"...Great!!!

was there anyone of this forum yesterday??? Do you have the same opinion as me of the concert?

Amethystos said:

My friend

Your words made me happier as your taste in music includes songs as "chilies vradies " or the legendary "i zoi mou oli" (although neither of the singer can actually give the tension of the original performes).

But I became more happy as i see that you came from THE ONLY LOCATION IN EUROPE that greek people (Hellines) can live (except from our homeland i mean...)
    BARCELONA....

You may wish to know that there is a book called "στα ψέμματα παίζαμε" written by a greek (hellin) writer called Dimitri Miggas.
    It's a wonderfully created story that talks about the changes in greek social and political life the last 30 years through guess what.... through football.
    When i first readed the book i said "There is a novell that all Hellines between the age of 25-65 must read" and i bought it as a gift to 3 people i knew they can count on my words. (And believe me i am NOT buying books as a gift everyday...)
    I just imagined it as a nice, almost ready script for a movie.
    So i waited to see what will be happened.
    There would be the surprise for me.

Greek national organization for the Movies DID NOTHING....

But who was meant to do it?

Yours ICC in Barcelona have bought the rights from the publisher (μεταιχμιο,
    http://www.metaixmio.gr/new/announce...cements_type=2)

The text refers to ICC
    "Οι ίδιοι δήλωσαν πως το βιβλίο αποτελεί μια άμεση και ειλικρινή καταγραφή των ραγδαίων πολιτικών αλλαγών στον ευρωπαϊκό χώρο την τελευταία τριακονταετία."

Translation:
    "The ICC said that the book is considered as a direct and pure sum of the vast political changes in Europe the last 3 decades"

So my friend you will be one of the first to see it from your tv-screen as ICC is going to make it a tv-production (tv serial no more than 4 hours i suppose from the book).

A man who passes it's everyday life near Acropolis salutes a man who lives the air of Gaudi's miracles.

Filika Amethystos

(And have a nice time here in Athens- Don't forget to look Athens from mountain lykabettos it's magical at night!!!)
    "Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to?
    You will never find that life for which you are looking.
    When the gods created man they allotted to him death,
    but life they retained in their own keeping"

3. tonisalado said:

Amethystos, thanks for your good words about my city, Barcelona. I'm back in Barcelona now, because i was in athens from Friday to Monday.

I can not go this time to Lykabitos, but i want to return not too late. I'm in love of Hellas. This is the second time I visit Athens. But this time I visit Sunion (Poseidon Temple) and a small village called "Kalivia", where make very well grill meat, and it's very cheap!!!.

I have to return to visit the islands, specially Creta (I like the music of Nikos Xylouris).

Ta leme.

Toni.

Amethystos said:

since you appreciate xilouris, you may know that he mainly cooparated with two composers, xarchakos and markopoulos.

I've uploaded for you and for anyone else who may be interested a song called "Nyn kai aei" ("For now and forever") written by xarchakos and gatsos,
    here is the link:
    http://rs255.rapidshare.com/files/75...yn_kai_aei.mp3

Please note that this is not the original version of 1975 but a very rare live one...

Have a nice time my friend.

5. tonisalado said:

Yes, Amethystos, i know Xarchakos and Markopoulos. In fact, my favourite songs singed by Xilouris are of them: "Zabarakatranemia", "Bikhan sti poli oi oxthri", "Xilia miria kimata makria to Aivali"...(more or less, now i don't remember exactly the greek titles ).

Euxaristw poli by your uploaded song. Who is the female singer?

Tonight, in Barcelona, I go to a rembetiko concert. The group is called "Pergamo's project". I'll comment this event.

Ta leme.

Amethystos said:

The singer is Eleanna Papaioannou and the song is her live performance in a song contest called "Dream show".

It's recorded from the live tv coverage instead of the studio version that has been releashed from the tv-station that produced the concert, (and that's why it's a rare one).

Bravo Toni, you're full of surprises.... rebetico in Barcelona after a live concert in Athens...
    wow even Hellines don't love greek music so much!!!

Btw the "Bikhan sti poli oi oxthri", has been recently released by Notis Sfakianakis
    with an extraordinary result, so if you're interested, post me, to upload it too.

Waiting your comments from the event!

Ta leme!