inan seni ben
    (deli gibi severim)
    seni ben
    (gözum gibi severim)
    seni ben
    (bu basima tac ederim)
    inan seni ben"

2. REMONEESES said:

Did Some 1 Translate Ibo"s Song To English>?

fairy said:

not this one

larosa said:

they don't want to i tried it before i really wonder why

Neslihan said:

To the rescue... Here I am..

"bir turkum olsun
    I shall have a folk song
    anitlar yakan
    about memorials
    bir sözum olsun, destanlar yazan
    and a word, worthy of an epic poem
    bir gulum olsun
    I shall have a rose
    solmadan dursun, hic kirilmasin, koparilmasin
    that never fades, never gets broken or torn off
    bir guluuum olsun aaaah
    I shall have a rose, ahh
    solmadan dursun, hic kirilmasin, koparilmasin aaahh
    that never fades, never gets broken or torn off
    bitaaanem
    my one and only
    deligibi severim seni ben
    I love you madly
    özum gibi severim seni ben
    I love you like my very existance
    bu canima can ederim inan
    i would make you the life of this life of mine, believe me
    bitanem
    My one and only
    seni ben
    (bu basima tac ederim)
    I would make you a crown on this head of mine
    inan seni ben
    belive me, I would

bir yarim olsun
    I shall have a lover
    kalbimden vursun
    that hits me in the heart
    bir oglum olsun
    and a son
    adi Can olsun
    thats called Can (Can is a Turkish male name, means life)
    bir gecem olsun,
    I shall have a night
    seninlen olan
    to pass with you
    ömrumu yanina birakam kalam
    I shall leave me life to you and stay there (with you)
    "I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it"

larosa said:

please can you tell me why turkish people don't want to translate ibo's songs?

fairy said:

thank youuuuuuu sooo much!!! i looooooove uuuuuuu and i really appreciate it

Neslihan said:

Quote Originally Posted by larosa View Post
    Well.. I believe it has nothing to do with Ibrahim Tatlises himself.. but the people who translate songs here are quite young, we are 18 - 25 years of age and the music Ibo makes appeals to older (middle aged) people more, so perhaps most people here dont like his songs...

I think the other reason might be that the people here as you can see are from Istanbul, Izmir, Bodrum, Bursa etc. but the music Ibo makes has eastern Turkish influences and he quite often uses Eastern dialect which is difficult to understand for some Western Turks.. like in this song he says "ömrumu yanina birakam kalam" which is in flat western dialect would be " omrumu yanina birakayim, kalayim" I guess people tend to translate songs they like or they feel more familiar with, much quicker than those songs they cant relate to...

After all here the translations are made by volunteers.. We should only be thankful for those who translate songs and not question them why they choose which songs to translate.. OFCOURSE they can choose what songs they want to translate.. they re just doing a favour here!!!!

Neslihan said:

Quote Originally Posted by fairy View Post
    thank youuuuuuu sooo much!!! i looooooove uuuuuuu and i really appreciate it
    you're welcome darling!

larosa said:

Quote Originally Posted by Neslihan View Post
    Well.. I believe it has nothing to do with Ibrahim Tatlises himself.. but the people who translate songs here are quite young, we are 18 - 25 years of age and the music Ibo makes appeals to older (middle aged) people more, so perhaps most people here dont like his songs...

I think the other reason might be that the people here as you can see are from Istanbul, Izmir, Bodrum, Bursa etc. but the music Ibo makes has eastern Turkish influences and he quite often uses Eastern dialect which is difficult to understand for some Western Turks.. like in this song he says "ömrumu yanina birakam kalam" which is in flat western dialect would be " omrumu yanina birakayim, kalayim" I guess people tend to translate songs they like or they feel more familiar with, much quicker than those songs they cant relate to...

After all here the translations are made by volunteers.. We should only be thankful for those who translate songs and not question them why they choose which songs to translate.. OFCOURSE they can choose what songs they want to translate.. they re just doing a favour here!!!!
    yes ,that what i thought ,although he dneies it he has arabic rythm in his songs as i noticed and that's why i love his song but i think he has a charming voice
    it was just a question that i was asking ,i'm not asking anybody by force to translate songs for me and i can't be more greatful than that, because turkish traslators made me learn this beuatiful language ,so please don't get me wrong

Volcano1985 said:

Well,to me I also wonder like you,if there is no one except this man for you who likes turkish music.Maybe he makes good music but the other things about him I don't like...
    Hasta Siempre Comandante...(Left the forum 28-04-2008)

LaaSemaa said:

Hey Larosa
    you can all times ask me about turkisk lanugage or words if u want
    i'll help you gladly

larosa said:

Quote Originally Posted by Volcano1985 View Post
    Well,to me I also wonder like you,if there is no one except this man for you who likes turkish music.Maybe he makes good music but the other things about him I don't like...
    i heard many things about ibo but i couldn't belive them and i think that the singer who has great songs(in my opinion of course) we should not take in consideration other things he does

larosa said:

Quote Originally Posted by LaaSemaa View Post
    Hey Larosa
    you can all times ask me about turkisk lanugage or words if u want
    i'll help you gladly
    thanks for this favour i know you're a nice person

Volcano1985 said:

i heard many things about ibo but i couldn't belive them and i think that the singer who has great songs(in my opinion of course) we should not take in consideration other things he does
    In last election he tried to be member of Parliament and we know why he wanted to be.Anyway If you like him,no problem
    Hasta Siempre Comandante...(Left the forum 28-04-2008)

Neslihan said:

yes ,that what i thought ,although he dneies it he has arabic rythm in his songs as i noticed and that's why i love his song but i think he has a charming voice
    it was just a question that i was asking ,i'm not asking anybody by force to translate songs for me and i can't be more greatful than that, because turkish traslators made me learn this beuatiful language ,so please don't get me wrong
    Darling, I didnt get you wrong!! You are quite right about wondering..
    Ibrahim Tatlises is Kurdish and his music has kurdish influences which is very similar to arabic music.. perhaps thats why he denies that his music has arabic rthyms because he might probably like the idea of having kurdish rthyms more than arabic :P:P.. but the truth is kurdish, turkish, arabic, israeli etc. music is all quite similar.. So ofcourse his music has arabic rthyms

P.S> it is lovely to see that you are making an effort to learn Turkish, any questions you may have about the language dont hesitate to ask me !!

larosa said:

Quote Originally Posted by Neslihan View Post
    Darling, I didnt get you wrong!! You are quite right about wondering..
    Ibrahim Tatlises is Kurdish and his music has kurdish influences which is very similar to arabic music.. perhaps thats why he denies that his music has arabic rthyms because he might probably like the idea of having kurdish rthyms more than arabic :P:P.. but the truth is kurdish, turkish, arabic, israeli etc. music is all quite similar.. So ofcourse his music has arabic rthyms

P.S> it is lovely to see that you are making an effort to learn Turkish, any questions you may have about the language dont hesitate to ask me !!
    thanks for your kindness i though you got mad
    i'm happy i learnt something and i'm planning to learn more thanks to you of course
    i have another question
    why are all turkish people nice ?
    thanks again

Neslihan said:

Well.. just like every other nation we have good and bad people.. But we have a culture where one is for all and all is for one, for instance when someone moves to the neighbourhood other neighbours help with cleaning and they cook for them, when someone is sick there is always somebody to make them warm soup, so we all grow up quite considerate of, and helpful to others... We are losing our values slowly but in our small towns and villages if you shout 'brother' everyone would turn and look at you because they would think that you were talking to them!! So I guess it is all in the culture.. but ofcourse our culture does have very annoying side effects too.. like over-protectiveness and conservativeness ..etc.

larosa said:

and that's why i'm a fan of your culture it's rich and beautiful not to mention the good
    you're right there is a loss of values and not only in the turkish community in mine too ,but as you said in small villages and towns and especially this one i'm living in ,the values are still there and we thank god for this but in the big town things had completely changed
    but i don't know why you take conservativeness as a bad side for me it's not ,it's tru that the extreme conservativeness is annoying but if we are conservative in a way that helps us to protect ourselves and the others we love so ther is no harm in that(that's my point of view of course)

Neslihan said:

Trust me there are also loads of nonsense in our culture (especially some stuff happen in eastern turkey that i never even was brave enought to consider going to some eastern part of Turkey, I just thank god day and night that I was born in the part of turkey that i come from!!) Not only being less conservative would be better for us as a nation and as a country, it would also perhaps change the way others see us!!! But here I m talking about the nonsense stuff.. on the other hand I hope we'll never lose our values like, hospitality, friendliness, respect, and family-oriented nature.. Oh well.. its all common sense Im sure you know what I mean...