Craciun Fericit

Thread: Craciun Fericit

Tags: None

wolver99 said:

Cristina said:

Quote Originally Posted by wolver99 View Post
    to all of my new prieteni aici=pentru toti noii mei prieteni de aici or pentru toti prietenii mei noi de aici

Crăciun fericit !!! or Sărbători fericite!!!

wolver99 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    to all of my new prieteni aici=pentru toti noii mei prieteni de aici or pentru toti prietenii mei noi de aici

Crăciun fericit !!! or Sărbători fericite!!!
    Oh, wonderful, Cristina, multumesc!

Now if only someone could translate the beautiful little song that plays when you click on the first link, my first Christmas since beginning to learn to speak Romanian would be complete.

4. Lady_A said:

Multumim wolver, Craciun Fericit si tie!

(I guess you can understand it)

wolver99 said:

Da, Lady A. Multumesc si totusi pentru tie (I hope that is right, )

6. Lady_A said:

It's almost right

wolver99 said:

"...It's almost right..."

Thank goodness for small blessings---and people like Lady A!

A question, though; I sent many friends this link as part of my holiday greetings this year:

http://www.miscarea.net/posteuca-poveste-de-craciun.htm

Everybody is taken by the beauty of the singing & almost everyone wrote back to say they have 'favorited' that link for next year at Craciun...understandably, because t really is gorgeous.

Now---could someone please tell me the title of what they are singing so I can go look up the lyrics? I'd really like to include a translation of the song when I send it out next year again. Thanks.

mister Xazos said:

Hey Wolver, all my best from me.
    Have a nice Christmas and full of love.
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

9. Lady_A said:

Wolver, the title written there is "Poveste de Craciun" (Christmas Story), is this what you were asking for?

wolver99 said:

Yes, Lady A, if that is the name of the song that they are singing. I'm really not sure, I can't understand a word they are saying (at least nothing that matches the words---cuvinti?--on the left very well) and it isn't clear to me whether that is the title of the song, or, as I note, the poem at left, or just a general page heading for everything there.

I take it that the lyrics are taken from among the verses at the left side of the page, then.

Thank you.

(And believe me, it isn't always easy being this stupid...training my ear for hearing Romanian spoken in different ways is possibly the most difficult part of learning the language, but I certainly want to be able to understand what is being said to me, not just what's written down)

...btw, the same to you, Soso, si An Nou fericit, too (prea? sau de asemenea?) I hope you saw my birthday note in another thread before.
    Last edited by wolver99; 12-26-2007 at 12:56 PM.

11. Lady_A said:

Actually i guess i've understood wrong...you asked the title of what they were SINGING...but i can't understand a word...
    I think it's a very old song, i really don't understand the lyrics...maybe someone else has a better ear

And the plural of "cuvant" is "cuvinte", but in some parts of Romania, "cuvinti" is also used, but it's not literal.

And about you're learning Romanian, i think you're doing a great job

wolver99 said:

Okay, Lady A, thanks. Fwiw I had done a bit of searching on Google but not much comes up in the way of lyrics under the title "Poveste de Craciun" (which I did understand, btw, lol) let alone old colinde.

Whatever it is they are singing, it is absolutely beautiful.