Devil in the Details (Bright Eyes)

Thread: Devil in the Details (Bright Eyes)

Tags: None

freddy2fan said:

Default Devil in the Details (Bright Eyes)

I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there who knows other songs like "Devil in the Details" by Bright Eyes. I love songs like that. Just the whole feel of the song is brilliant, in my opinion. Also, Arienette, by Bright Eyes as well, if anyone knows songs like that.
  2. Trends_&_Makebelieve said:

Arienette is a beautiful song filled with imagery. Conor is a genius and so poetic. The whole Fevers and Mirrors album is great, I got to admit though I'm Wide Awake It's Morning is just too amazing for words. Its definitely my favourite album from Bright Eyes.

I've never heard Devil in the Details, sorry, what album is it off?

PS Have you heard Conors solo work with The Mystic Valley Band?
    ~Dream to make believe~
  3. lastoftheriverpirates said:

Conor is my favorite writer. Devil in the details is from 'Digital Ash in a Digital Urn'
    Idk how to discuss the song... every sentence is a metaphor. Atleast, it is to me. He might've wrote it just about cards and cakes. Who knows. Anyways, in my opinion, he talks about how you shouldn't get into situations that you know are gonna fall in on you (house of cards/supple heart). It seems like hes saying you shouldn't wait for something that you've waited for to get better(cake) ie, waiting for a girl that you've had a crush on forever to get prettier when she has feelings for you already.

ugh. theres too much to talk about. maybe later.
  4. Trends_&_Makebelieve said:

Ahh I want that album, but can't find it anywhere in my country =[
    Everything Conor does has some sort of deeper meaning, although it might not. I do like to read into his songs though, because it seems to me, to be so eye opening. I don't understand how he could write exactly what you're feeling in a sentence, and capture a moment in a line. He really is the greatest songwriting of our time.

I must hear that song now.
    ~Dream to make believe~