Heard female jazz vocalist....

Thread: Heard female jazz vocalist....

Tags: None
  1. Dionythicus said:

Default Heard female jazz vocalist....

....on XM Radio on Sunday the 30th at about 3pm. It was a somewhat disturbing song about getting in a fight with her lover, she goes to take a bath, "lighting a candle for the goddess of war" to get some wrath. Someone breaks into the house and ties her up and blindfolds her, but that turns in an erotic affair, then he leaves and her lover comes home in the morning. I'm not sure if the lover was also the intruder, I didn't get that out of it. I remember the last line was something like, "the rope was loose but the blindfold stayed on." It was a terrrific jazz song and I've never heard a jazz song with such a dark story like that. If anyone knows of that song, please, please let me know!!

2. haagatha said:

I see this is a 3 year old question and unanswered. Oddly enough I have the exact question. I just heard this song for the first time today but they did not identify the artist. I too would like to know what the name of this song is and who sings it. Thank you.

3. Rouman said:

Like you, I heard this song on Sirius Radio; it took me awhile to find the song, never did find the lyrics.

The Song is "Weekend" by Rene Marie from her 2007 album, Experiment in Truth