Please Help to Identify the Song and Artist.

Thread: Please Help to Identify the Song and Artist.

Tags: None
  1. Moscow Wolf said:

Default Please Help to Identify the Song and Artist.

I have only recently upgraded to an iPod and am trying to get all of my songs from different discs, computers together in one place. I have been searching for one of my favourite R&B songs that I can't get out of my head. Low and behold, I have found the song on an old Sony MD Walkman, but I had listed the song title as 'Power of A Woman'. Easy I thought, now I shall surf the web and find it together with the artists that sing it...........

Well it is not the Power of a Woman by Eternal and it is not a song as far as I can tell from the Power of a Woman album either. Then I check out a compilation disc called, 'Power of a Woman' and I can't find the lyrics or song on there either.

I will write as many of the lyrics that I can shortly, but the song has a chorus about 'Sunday Mornings' and when I search on that, it throws up another bunch of spurious results including 'somebody 5', but none of them are the track I'm trying to find.

So the song is definitely by a female R&B/Soul band. I guess that it was released somewhere in the mid 90's. It has a cameo introduction by a male voice. I thought that the song was from someone like All Saints, En Vogue, Eternal or Destiny's Child, but I still can't find the track. So the lyrics go something like this........

Male voice talking, 'This scene always brings a smile to my face, I just want to let you know that you ..... never.... cos I think about that Sunday morning when we made love, you're so beautiful to me............ but you became me and I became you. And I love you, talk about it'.

Woman's voice follows on, 'Listen, I recall that Sunday the day that we were one, you shattered all my distant belief when loving had began, being intimate with someone was something I never knew then I found myself in oh so deep in love with you. The stars collapsed, the moon began to fall, I was just in awe from the power of it all when I saw a tear falling from your eye, I knew it was a special day and now I realise'

Chorus backing, 'I can't help remembering that Sunday morning when you first made love to me, it was so heavenly, pray that you would never leave that Sunday morning now that you made love to me like that Sunday morning (repeats a few times)

Woman's voice again, 'Heaven must've sent you, you came and rescued me, showed me that your love can last beyond eternity, was it just the feel of being close that made me fall in love or the magic of that Sunday when the skies opened above. The stars collapsed the moon began to fall, but I was searching for, was someone I could adore, now the joy we shared lingers in my mind, I knew it was something special and now I realise'

Chorus backing, 'I can't help remembering that Sunday morning when you first made love to me, it was so heavenly, pray that you would never leave that Sunday morning now that you made love to me like that Sunday morning (repeats a few times)

The track lasts for about 4 minutes and I would be very grateful if anyone could identify the track and the artist for me to put me out of my misery. Thanks in advance.

Stela said:

It seems that is to be the song of Eternal - Sunday morning.

3. Moscow Wolf said:

Quote Originally Posted by Stela View Post
    It seems that is to be the song of Eternal - Sunday morning.
    Well if it is, why can't I find a listing for it anywhere on the net? Does such a song exits or were you just guessing?

Thanks for your reply anyway.

4. Moscow Wolf said:

Sorry for doubting you Stela from Bulgaria, you are absolutely right. Very many thanks.

Moscow Wolf (from Moscow). X

Stela said:

You're welcome