Solved: help identify this 70s song please

Thread: Solved: help identify this 70s song please

Tags: None
  1. 60sbaby said:

Default Solved: help identify this 70s song please

Trying to identify title and singer of this 70s song, the only words I remember are

"they took the show on the road, left me standing in the shadows"

It's a soul song, anyone can help? Someone told me maybe it's Harold Melvin and the blue notes but my research has not revealed anything.

Thanks

P

2. ilea97128 said:

Fantastic Four - "They Took the Show on the Road"
    eBay $6

3. 60sbaby said:

Default Amazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ilea97128 View Post
    Fantastic Four - "They Took the Show on the Road"
    eBay $6
    I would never have guessed it...thanks a bazillion

4. ilea97128 said:

Default Your Welcome

Your welcome a bazillion!

5. lukecon said:

i have to say thanks too because i have been looking for this song for a long time now cause i had but since you say fantastic four my problems solve. In fact i was searching and those the same lyrics I entered and the link was to this site.

6. lukecon said:

Hold on are you people sure that this song was done by a group called the fantastic four? Because everytime i search all i see are the characters from the movie fantastic four. Can someone please post a link or a 30 sec clip of this song.

lollipop said:

@lukecon
    Here is 30 sec preview:
    http://www.mp3.com/albums/480342/summary.html

8. lukecon said:

this link not playing in windows any other link?

lollipop said:

It works good.
    it takes you to website, where you click on "Preview" of that song.
    I have checked it with IE, Mozilla, and Opera. Link works in all 3 browsers.

You play the preview with any player, that you have in your PC installed, I played it with WMP in example.

Mumbles said:

I'm always having problems with that website too... You're link works fine lollipop, it's when i click on the preview button, it just opens a blank page, and then there's nothing

@ Lukecon... try this link http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/fantas...71/album.jhtml
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice
    Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn

lollipop said:

Hmmm, that's a new one for me. Really didn't know, that it has problems for others, sorry...
    I try ask tomorrow in my work from the IT-man, why it turns blank like this.

Thanks Mumbles, for other good link!

12. lukecon said:

second link not available also, is so this song scarce that i can't find a working link just to listen the song. Any other link?

lollipop said:

@lukecon

Mumbles's link is working perfectly for me.

Ok, this is last attempt of mine to give you a sample, that you would be able to listen.

I took that sample's url from Mumbles's given 30 sec preview, saved it as .asx, uploaded it to server, and now I give you a link, and when you click on it, then it opens automatically your Windows Media Player and that song plays for 30 sec.

Here's the link:
    http://h1.ripway.com/ssslll/smp.dll.asx

14. lukecon said:

well i know the name of the artistes and the title of the song even the name of the album but i just can't seem to find a copy of this song any does any 1 links where i can get this song to download. Please send me a private message.