"Out There", surfing and philosophy at once...

Thread: "Out There", surfing and philosophy at once...

Tags: None
  1. monsterauge said:

Default "Out There", surfing and philosophy at once...

Hey everyone,
    I posted some lyrics some time ago and then forgot about this forum because my band was expanding (if you can say that) so much...

I had asked for correction, my problem is that I'm no native speaker and 16 years old (so I didn't have enough time to explore each and every corner of the english language (aaah that sounds weird ) ).
    So it may be that there are still some mistakes left in the following lyrics. Please tell me if you find any, it'd be a great help!
    In spite of that, I'm quite proud of the lyrics, because the topic is surfing but it refers and outlines a general philosophic thought I have. (it is about determinism and stuff... my way to cope with the horrible imagination that I'm not free at all and my way is predicted in every detail)

Out There

The water frees me, it takes me away
    can feel all the life running through my veins
    The speed blows away all the sorrow and pain
    A moment, so priceless, an epic day

I feel that I live forever, if I don’t drown
    In this current – a nothing that won’t change a thing
    I have got no influence on my surroundings
    But I can decide how to cope with it free and on my own

No wave is eternal, even if some people do whatever they can
    … fall in a second, and it needs much time
    to stand up again

No life is eternal, even if some people do whatever they can
    …fall in a second, and it needs much time
    to stand up again

At the end of the day the feeble body trembles
    confrontation with the forces of nature makes me frown
    And suddenly my existence is given sense somehow
    Giantess of life makes me be overwhelmed
    When the sun goes down
    When the sun goes down

You can find the song on our myspace - site http://www.myspace.com/stillinsearch, it is the last one.
    I guess the music fits quite well, it is a blurry sound which turns into clear passages sometimes... like my thoughts about determinism... I think it is also a bit of surf music.

I'd really like to know what you think about the lyrics and song, and especcially wheter there are unforgivable faults or passages which you don't understand!

Tracy-Turnblad said:

This is the only line which needs correcting, Giantess of life makes me be overwhelmed. There's no such thing as Giantess of life, maybe it should say This giant life. And you can't say Makes me be overwhelmed, it's either overwhelmes me, or Makes me feel overwhelemed.