Does anyone know the name of this Song, or the Artist?

Thread: Does anyone know the name of this Song, or the Artist?

Tags: None
  1. kdizzle said:

Question Does anyone know the name of this Song, or the Artist?

Ok there is this song i have been hearing almost EVERYDAY at work
    but everytime they play it, im busy and cant concetrate on what the words are...plus the volume isnt that loud...
    ANYWAYS

so this song sounds like a early/ late 90s maybe early 2000 song
    it has a midtempo sound to it..it sounds like it would be an alternative song...

The beginning of the song there is a scraping noise
    maybe scraping of clay or something.. i dont know just scraping

then there is a guy that sings softly..he says something about a "couch" and "everyone has to go"

THEN A guy that sounds jamaican sings the chorus:
    to me the chorus sounds like:
    "i've been in a hall today"
    or
    "been in a holiday"
    "everybody thinks"

and towards the end of the song there are church bells in the backround
    and the guy thats singing the chorus, his voice is getting more far away... like fading away

someone please help me everytime i try and describe the song..i can only hum the tune..it would be nice to know who sings it or what song this is

2. MIMS said:

It isn't much but heres a list of artists and their songs that might be the one you're looking for

* Black Harmony - "Don't Let It Go To Your Head"
    * Blood Sisters - "Ring My Bell"
    * Shabba Ranks - "Wicked Inna Bed"
    * Buju Banton - "Batty Rider"[2]
    * Augustus Pablo - "King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown"
    * Dennis Brown - "Revolution"
    * Willie Williams - "Armagideon Time"
    * I-Roy - "Sidewalk Killer"
    * Toots & the Maytals - "Funky Kingston"
    * Dillinger - "Cocaine In My Brain"
    * Pliers - "Bam Bam"
    * Barrington Levy - "Here I Come"
    * Reggie Stepper - "Drum Pan Sound"
    * Black Uhuru - "Great Train Robbery"
    * Max Romeo & The Upsetters - "I Chase The Devil"
    * Toots and The Maytals - "Pressure Drop"

3. daman63 said:

the only alternative soft rock with jamaican singer chorus i know is p.o.d., http://www.azlyrics.com/p/pod.html, this band has matured and reached back into the 70's with this rythym, that blends like a well tuned porsche, on the grin has a great beat and as well goodbye for now must listen to, they may not be the song you are looking for yet will you be surprised
    Last edited by lollipop; 07-29-2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Forum rule No 11

4. Galaxis said:

Quote Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
    Ok there is this song i have been hearing almost EVERYDAY at work
    but everytime they play it, im busy and cant concetrate on what the words are...plus the volume isnt that loud...
    ANYWAYS

so this song sounds like a early/ late 90s maybe early 2000 song
    it has a midtempo sound to it..it sounds like it would be an alternative song...

The beginning of the song there is a scraping noise
    maybe scraping of clay or something.. i dont know just scraping

then there is a guy that sings softly..he says something about a "couch" and "everyone has to go"

THEN A guy that sounds jamaican sings the chorus:
    to me the chorus sounds like:
    "i've been in a hall today"
    or
    "been in a holiday"
    "everybody thinks"

and towards the end of the song there are church bells in the backround
    and the guy thats singing the chorus, his voice is getting more far away... like fading away

someone please help me everytime i try and describe the song..i can only hum the tune..it would be nice to know who sings it or what song this is
    Hmmm, Alternative Rock, with Jamaican Chorus? The Alternative Rock threw me off, otherwise I'd probably know the song you are getting at. I know Wyclef sings Chorus to some songs.

5. donger44 said:

Default Toi Toi Killer?

This could be a song I've been searching for for about 12 years. I think it has the line, "I'm the Toi Toi Killer" But I cannot find it anywhere. I heard it on the John Peel radio show around 1995 and I would like to hear it again. I can't explain why it's had such a lasting effect on my memory.
    Goes something like, "i'm the toy toy killer / and I need a holiday" quite a sparse song if I remember correctly with a Jamaican/Spoken voice saying those words.
    Could this be the same song that you are also trying to find?.
    If it's been played recently on radio you can look up the schedule lists on the internet.
    Please let know if you find out, and meanwhile - I'll keep looking.

Regards,

Cass
    Last edited by donger44; 02-14-2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: additions

6. SongHelp2000 said:

I know exactly which song you're talking about. It always plays on my local alt. rock station but they never say the name of it!

I've been searching for years now, does anyone know what it is?

The Jamaican voice does sound like 'been on holiday', and it repeats several times.

7. donger44 said:

Default closer to the killer

Quote Originally Posted by SongHelp2000 View Post
    I know exactly which song you're talking about. It always plays on my local alt. rock station but they never say the name of it!

I've been searching for years now, does anyone know what it is?

The Jamaican voice does sound like 'been on holiday', and it repeats several times.
    We're getting closer, has anyone come up with more lyrics, or the name of a radio station that has played this song recently?

8. SongHelp2000 said:

The song is : primitive radio gods 'standing outside a broken phone booth with money in my hand'

9. donger44 said:

Default the primitive radio gods

Quote Originally Posted by SongHelp2000 View Post
    The song is : primitive radio gods 'standing outside a broken phone booth with money in my hand'
    You could be right. But the song I am talking about is not The Primitive Radio Gods..aarghhh, I think we've all been talking about different tracks as this song doesn't contain the phrase "I'm the toi toi killer / and I've been on holiday"
    Last edited by donger44; 04-28-2009 at 03:22 AM.