Arranging lyrics

Thread: Arranging lyrics

Tags: None

Layla said:

Arrow Arranging lyrics

I was thinking about arranging the lyrics like it's done in the Slavic and Greek lyrics section. Adrienne inspired me. There are so many Arabic songs translated here and it would be better if we arranged them by the name of the artist. Any help is welcomed. Just post here if someone wants to help me, so we can split our work. I know it's going to take us some while, but we have plenty of time.

Tahira said:

Hi LAyla,
    I think this is a great idea!
    But how could I help you. I don´t have plenty of time, but every day 5 mintues (for example) could also be helpful.

Let me know
    Tahira

Layla said:

Well, i was thinking about beginning with the thread Arabic Translation from the page 7 because it contains 1,584 posts. A lot of songs.

You could maybe start with page 15 (we'll begin from the end to the beginning) and you could arrange this page. When you'll be ready, than you could start doing another one. It's ok with you?

Tahira said:

OK, but HOW can I arrange the page? I really donīt know how to do it (I am twice as old as you and so is my computer :-) )

Did you open a new thread with alphabetical listings, and I just have to copy the links in there, end in die end we put them from A to Z ?

Tahira

Layla said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tahira View Post
    OK, but HOW can I arrange the page? I really donīt know how to do it (I am twice as old as you and so is my computer :-) )

Did you open a new thread with alphabetical listings, and I just have to copy the links in there, end in die end we put them from A to Z ?

Tahira
    I was thinking about arranging page by page. You'll have to write the name of the artist and the name of the translated lyrics and then make it clickable. Here's how it goes: Spring explained it here http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/341704-post20.html

Here is an example: Fadl Shaker - Allahu Aalem

LaaSemaa said:

Very good idea you come with layla
    It would be relly nice if it could be possible

Layla said:

Quote Originally Posted by LaaSemaa View Post
    Very good idea you come with layla
    It would be relly nice if it could be possible
    Of course it's possible. All we need is patience. Would you like to help?

asidashy said:

i think the admin of the site could do it for us :P
    it should have been done before by the admin may be
    by dividing the page into 2 parts
    one is from a -m and other part from m to z
    it would be great

this form is very mixed like that
    that is why i am making archive and saving the liyrics in my pc by copy paste...

LaaSemaa said:

Quote Originally Posted by Layla View Post
    Of course it's possible. All we need is patience. Would you like to help?
    Yes when I've time, but what can i do?
    Last edited by LaaSemaa; 02-13-2008 at 11:09 AM.

citlalli said:

I was thinking about arranging the lyrics like it's done in the Slavic and Greek lyrics section. Adrienne inspired me. There are so many Arabic songs translated here and it would be better if we arranged them by the name of the artist. Any help is welcomed. Just post here if someone wants to help me, so we can split our work. I know it's going to take us some while, but we have plenty of time.
    I'll be more than glad to help, although I think it's probably easier and better if I wait till I go back home (that's if you haven't finished by then )
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

Layla said:

Quote Originally Posted by asidashy View Post
    i think the admin of the site could do it for us :P
    it should have been done before by the admin may be
    by dividing the page into 2 parts
    one is from a -m and other part from m to z
    it would be great

this form is very mixed like that
    that is why i am making archive and saving the liyrics in my pc by copy paste...
    Well, if we can help, why don't do so?

Layla said:

Quote Originally Posted by LaaSemaa View Post
    Yes when I've time, but what can i do?
    You should begin by arranging the lyrics from page 14, for example, make them clickable and then post all of them. At the end, we'll arrange them by name of the artist, in alphabetical order. Take a look here where Spring explained how should you make a word clickable: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/341704-post20.html

Layla said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    I'll be more than glad to help, although I think it's probably easier and better if I wait till I go back home (that's if you haven't finished by then )
    Well, dear citlalli, if we aren't finished by then, you'll shure find us here, waiting for your help.

LaaSemaa said:

Okay I'll begin now

Layla said:

Exclamation

Please link the translations to the whole page and not only to that single post, o.k? And if there are more than one translation, then link to all of the translations.

Layla said:

Dear Tahira and LaaSemaa, did you manage to do something? I finished collecting the lyrics form thread Arabic Translation. I'll now order them, link them and finally, post them! Inshaallah!

LaaSemaa said:

Dear Tahira and LaaSemaa, did you manage to do something? I finished collecting the lyrics form thread Arabic Translation. I'll now order them, link them and finally, post them! Inshaallah!
    It really maked me confused with all the song translation I couldnt finding out to do it, im so sorry

Do you really finished it woow youre awesome my friend Insh'Allah dear we'll wait anxious
    Last edited by LaaSemaa; 02-23-2008 at 05:23 AM.

Tahira said:

Dear Leyla,

Shame on me !

I didnīt even start to. I got your last pm with detailled instructions. And I though about starting the next day. But then I had a call (i give lessons to children and adults) that I am gonna have some aditional workshops and I am still preparing those lessons. Sorry so far - and thatīs no excuse, itīs the truth.

So you done the whole job on your own ! ? ! ? ! ? !

THANK YOU SO MUCH, and you did it so quick !

Tahira

Layla said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tahira View Post
    Dear Leyla,

Shame on me !

I didnīt even start to. I got your last pm with detailled instructions. And I though about starting the next day. But then I had a call (i give lessons to children and adults) that I am gonna have some aditional workshops and I am still preparing those lessons. Sorry so far - and thatīs no excuse, itīs the truth.

So you done the whole job on your own ! ? ! ? ! ? !

THANK YOU SO MUCH, and you did it so quick !

Tahira
    It's o.k Tahira! Don't worry about it! I'm not done with all! I've finished so far to collect the lyrics from page 8, thread ARABIC TRANSLATION! It contains 1,584 posts and i wanted to have this done! The next thing i have to to is to link them and then to post them!

After this i'll start collecting the lyrics from the last page beginning and ending with the first one!

It will still take me some days but there's plenty of time! We'll celebrate when i'm done!

Tahira said:

I´ll put a bottle of CHampaign in my refrigerator, to be opened when you have finished!

Tahira