(Georgian) Kazim Koyuncu - Didou nana

Thread: (Georgian) Kazim Koyuncu - Didou nana

Tags: None
  1. Froj said:

Default (Georgian) Kazim Koyuncu - Didou nana

I know this song isn't in turkish. But if there is somebody who knows this language, could you please translate the lyrics into english?

Didou Nana

Oropa ardzo arti varen
    Çkim iveri nçari çkvaşa
    Miordini miçkutu do
    Goytiroku ma si çkvaşa
    Miordini miçkutu do
    Didou do na ni na

Huriyadas çima ndğasu
    Skani mamulyas makipginam
    Kankaleşa gamkomile
    Vaşilebu taşi rina
    Kankaleşa gamkomile
    Didou do na ni na

Seri do ndğaşi arti mapu
    Skani şaras ginocinepu
    Skani dudi midamiğuru
    Şkvak kargi mokileku
    Skani dudi midamiğuru
    Didou do na ni na

Ah orapa si ncgiri ndğaşi
    Guri muço domixaşi
    Seri iri şeni seriren do
    Kukumela naku ndğaşi
    Seri iri seriren do
    Didou do na ni na

LaaSemaa said:

maybe is it grece?
  3. ilkin said:

the video here is subtitled. it may be the translation to turkish.

Neslihan said:

its not greek, this language is the language of black sea turks, its called 'lazuri' in turkish its called 'lazca'. Its close to Georgian..

I dont know if the poem or "subtitles" on that link above, is a translation of this song but i doubt that they are..

why dont you move this thread to the miscellanous language translation.. i think you are more likely to get help there..
    "I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it"

Neslihan said:

oh, i just googled it and found its Turkish translation..

I translated it to english..

not every lover is the same
    my iver (i guess its a name) is for another
    I knew she was in love with me but
    you gave up on me for another (man)

SHivering on a cold morning
    i m taking a stroll in your farm
    mindless and aimlessly
    your every move is impossible
    what am i to do without you

days and nights united became one
    im looking at (your) roads
    you died for me
    other peoples lovers returned

ah my lover how in my good days
    you wrecked my heart
    night is a night for everyone
    (i hope) you ll sleep day time too (meaning you ll die i guess.. dont know)

Volcano1985 said:

Its megrelce.A part of georgian language,thanks for the translation.By the way lol at LaaSemaa
    Hasta Siempre Comandante...(Left the forum 28-04-2008)

LaaSemaa said:

hehe

Neslihan said:

Oh, i love k. koyuncu and to be perfectly honest i love the music and language of the black sea... so you're welcome and it is my pleasure to translate the song.. i wish i could understand the original lyrics too..

And laSemaa, dont you worry.. its a very easy mistake to make.. Because of the Pontians, or Pontic Greeks of the Black Sea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontic_Greeks).. I dont wanna go too much into that but any odd language spoken in the area is very normal to be assumed to have something to do with Greeks or Greece..

LaaSemaa said:

Quote Originally Posted by Neslihan View Post
    And laSemaa, dont you worry.. its a very easy mistake to make.. Because of the Pontians, or Pontic Greeks of the Black Sea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontic_Greeks).. I dont wanna go too much into that but any odd language spoken in the area is very normal to be assumed to have something to do with Greeks or Greece..
    Thank you Neslihan for backning, I really felt ashamed

Volcano1985 said:

Oh, i love k. koyuncu and to be perfectly honest i love the music and language of the black sea... so you're welcome and it is my pleasure to translate the song.. i wish i could understand the original lyrics too..

The same here but not all the music that come from Black Sea.Mainly Kazım Koyuncu,Volkan Konak,Fuat Saka,Şevval Sam...

Neslihan said:

Volcan, I have an interesting fact for you.. (cos I know you love the Black Sea culture, language and music, or perhaps you are from there.. are you??) Anyway, apperantly the language of this song has nothing to do with Georgean.. because yesterday I was with a friend who is a Pontiac Greek from Georgia, I said that the Black Sea region has a language of its own, and made her listen to didou nana.. and although she speaks Georgean, Greek and a bit of Turkish she couldnt understand anything.. EVeryone told us that this was Armenian..

I thought this was quite interesting, considering the history of the region, and wanted to tell you too.. Cos I know you like the region like I do..

Volcano1985 said:

Volcan, I have an interesting fact for you.. (cos I know you love the Black Sea culture, language and music, or perhaps you are from there.. are you??) Anyway, apperantly the language of this song has nothing to do with Georgean.. because yesterday I was with a friend who is a Pontiac Greek from Georgia, I said that the Black Sea region has a language of its own, and made her listen to didou nana.. and although she speaks Georgean, Greek and a bit of Turkish she couldnt understand anything.. EVeryone told us that this was Armenian..

I thought this was quite interesting, considering the history of the region, and wanted to tell you too.. Cos I know you like the region like I do..
    No I am from central Anatolia.I have also researched before and asked a georgian friend.She said he uses a similar* language with theirs(georgian).As you know Kazım Koyuncu is from Artvin and Artvin was controlled by Georgia after the first world war.So georgian folks lived here too,after we had taken Artvin back,some ppl stayed here thats why this language is still spoken there.Maybe I am wrong but I also listen armenian songs so i dont think that this song is armenian...

Neslihan said:

oh! Im not sure too.. but because we were ensured by a georgian-speaker that the song is not Georgian or similar, we thought it was probably armenian.. well.. we were a group of greeks and turks so i guess we were not the right people to ensure anyone that the song is armenian anyway.. cos none of us know the language.. I think its an interesting language though.. and sounds nice

So..You're from Central Anatolia... another beautifully rich culture... its amazing how many different cultures and languages are united in one country, they are all different yet they re all a part of the same entirety.. i think thats what makes us a culturally very rich country

Volcano1985 said:

oh! Im not sure too.. but because we were ensured by a georgian-speaker that the song is not Georgian or similar, we thought it was probably armenian.. well.. we were a group of greeks and turks so i guess we were not the right people to ensure anyone that the song is armenian anyway.. cos none of us know the language.. I think its an interesting language though.. and sounds nice

So..You're from Central Anatolia... another beautifully rich culture... its amazing how many different cultures and languages are united in one country, they are all different yet they re all a part of the same entirety.. i think thats what makes us a culturally very rich country
    There is also a language called Hamshenis (Hemşince) maybe this song's is this.This is really complicated situation.Lets just listen the song hehe.And I agree with you by the way i have some question about you and you said greek-turk group and i think its about special life also I don't wanna bother the topic...

Neslihan said:

haha you know what they say.. curiosity killed the cat!! You're right maybe we should just listen to the song and enjoy but i cant help it and want to find out more about the languages spoken in our country.. Turkey is like a gold mine the more you dig, the more you want to dig because culturally it is so rich and beautiful..
    And Volkan (thats your name right?) You can ask me whatever you want.. that greek-turkish group is just that i have many turkish friends ( because i m turkish and i love turks :P) and my fiance is greek (so he has many greek friends) and yesterday we had a dinner party where we all were together.. a big turkish-greek group discussing what language dudou nana is..m hahahaha

Volcano1985 said:

haha you know what they say.. curiosity killed the cat!! You're right maybe we should just listen to the song and enjoy but i cant help it and want to find out more about the languages spoken in our country.. Turkey is like a gold mine the more you dig, the more you want to dig because culturally it is so rich and beautiful..
    And Volkan (thats your name right?) You can ask me whatever you want.. that greek-turkish group is just that i have many turkish friends ( because i m turkish and i love turks :P) and my fiance is greek (so he has many greek friends) and yesterday we had a dinner party where we all were together.. a big turkish-greek group discussing what language dudou nana is..m hahahaha
    Hehehe nice yes its my name is.Ok just one question.Do you live in greece now ?

Neslihan said:

no i live in england.. but we do visit greece quite often, and even more often have guests over from greece... Greece and Turkey are my heaven.. i live there in my dreams hahaha

Volcano1985 said:

no i live in england.. but we do visit greece quite often, and even more often have guests over from greece... Greece and Turkey are my heaven.. i live there in my dreams hahaha
    Very nice may it be easy

Beso said:

what's the meaning of Didou Nana ??
    Her sabah bir dev masalında ..uyanınca
    Hep çocuk kalmak kurtulmak
  20. federico basonidis said:

Default !

it is not armenian !!!!! maybe is old georgian languge maybe