Song ideas for 18th b-day

Thread: Song ideas for 18th b-day

Tags: None
  1. sashamedic said:

Default Song ideas for 18th b-day

Hi! I've got a friend doing a slideshow DVD (her side biz) for my DS's 18th b-day party. I've got one song to put on it & now I'm at a loss. I'm looking for something not hokey, with meaningful words, that's suitable for a young man. He loves playing guitar & rock music so the one song I found is suitably enough by Joe Satriani. I just need 2 or 3 more songs to play while pictures of him through the past 18 years are scrolling. Anyone know any good songs I can put on there or anywhere I can look up songs that might be appropriate? Thanks!
  2. Luke of Metal said:

If he likesrock music, ever thought of putting some rock music on with no theme?

rock doesn't need fashion, it needs heart and soul and playing pre determined setlists won't have it...
  3. sashamedic said:

Thanks for the reply, Luke. I had thought about that, but I'm kinda picky that way. The songs don't necessarily have to be about anything, but I do want them to have a message. For instance, the Joe Satriani song that I found is called "Always with me, always with you". There are no words, but the message of the title is what I like. I considered putting some of my son's own guitar on there, but he doesn't like the quality of the recording. Anyway, I know what you're saying & I may end up just putting some of his fave songs on there if I can't find anything else. Thanks again.

~Alicia
  4. Luke of Metal said:

Ok........ Have something like Parisian Walkways by Gary Moore