Solved: Which "Gypsy Kings" album has the original studio version of "Oye Como Va"?:

Thread: Solved: Which "Gypsy Kings" album has the original studio version of "Oye Como Va"?:

Tags: None
  1. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Thumbs up Solved: Which "Tito Puente" album has the original studio version of "Oye Como Va"?:

Which "Gypsy Kings" CD/Record album has the original studio version of "Oye Como Va" written by Tito Puente/Carlos Santana? This album seems to be way out of print.
    1) Tito Puente - Wrote the Oye Como Va song.
    2) Santana - Did the first international hit of Oye Como Va, that would get played on the radio.
    3) Tito Puente Jr. - Did the second international hit of Oye Como Va, that would get played on the radio.
    How rare is this Tito Puente Jr. CD/Record album going to be?
    I am not looking for the live version of "Oye Como Va" done by Gypsy Kings & Carlos Santana.

I found this second international hit of Oye Como Va on imeem.com .
    It is titled as: Gypsie Kings - Oye Como Va. It is depressing that this user does not have the whole song.
    On imeem.com the user had the wrong artists name of Oye Como Va, and it was misspelled. The actual singer was Tito Puente Jr.
    Last edited by Most Wanted Jamz; 12-12-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Solved

logan01 said:

The user does have the whole song. On Imeem, sometimes if you're not logged in, only a portion of the song plays. If you haven't signed up with Imeem, you could give that a try and relaunch the song after you log in.

3. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Red face Thanks.

I finally figured out who had the second international hit of Oye Como Va. First of all it wasn't Gypsie Kings like I thought it was. It was Tito Puente's son, named Tito Puente Jr., that had the second international hit of Oye Como Va. His song goes for five and a half minutes long. The user on Imeem had the artist title mislabeled. The song that the user had on Imeem only went for three minutes and forty seconds long, because this user did not have the whole song. The original song, done by Tito Puente Jr., is suspose to go for five and a half minutes long. It took me a while to google this song.
    Quote Originally Posted by logan01 View Post
    The user does have the whole song. On Imeem, sometimes if you're not logged in, only a portion of the song plays. If you haven't signed up with Imeem, you could give that a try and relaunch the song after you log in.

4. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Red face

3) First of all, Gypsy Kings did not have the second international hit of Oye Como Va. It was Tito Puente's son, Tito Puente Jr., that had the second international hit of Oye Como Va.
    Quote Originally Posted by Most Wanted Jamz View Post
    Which "Gypsy Kings" CD/Record album has the original studio version of "Oye Como Va" written by Tito Puente/Carlos Santana? This album seems to be way out of print.
    1) Tito Puente - Wrote the Oye Como Va song.
    2) Santana - Did the first international hit of Oye Como Va, that would get played on the radio.
    3) Gypsy Kings - Did the second international hit of Oye Como Va, that would get played on the radio.
    How rare is this Gypsy Kings CD/Record album going to be?
    I am not looking for the live version of "Oye Como Va" done by Gypsy Kings & Carlos Santana.

I found this second international hit of Oye Como Va on imeem.com .
    It is titled as: Gypsie Kings - Oye Como Va. It is depressing that this user does not have the whole song.

logan01 said:

Please help my old, tired brain. Are you saying the version on Imeem was performed by Tito Puente Jr, however, it was only a 3:42 version instead of an actual length of 5:30? Thanks

Update: I got it now. I really like the Tito Puente Jr. version with the female vocals, etc. Greatly appreciate you figuring this out. I would have never known of this sweet version. Thanks again.

6. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Smile You're Welcome.

You're Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by logan01 View Post
    Please help my old, tired brain. Are you saying the version on Imeem was performed by Tito Puente Jr, however, it was only a 3:42 version instead of an actual length of 5:30? Thanks

Update: I got it now. I really like the Tito Puente Jr. version with the female vocals, etc. Greatly appreciate you figuring this out. I would have never known of this sweet version. Thanks again.