Solved: "Country Music" Female Artist song

Thread: Solved: "Country Music" Female Artist song

Tags: None
  1. Denimjo said:

Default Solved: "Country Music" Female Artist song

I saw a video on CMT (Country Music Television) in Canada in the mid-90's and fell in love with this song. Unfortunately, it seems that my memory isn't perfect as to remembering the name of the artist. I could have sworn black and blue that it was Suzanne Vega, but it appears not to be so. I do, however, know that the song was called 'Runaround,' and some of the lyrics were as follows:

"You know you're driving me insane.

I give up, I quit.
    Boy, this time it's over.
    One minute you're hot, the next the cold shoulder.
    Quit givin' me, quit givin' me the runaround."

Additional info: it was a female singer (obviously) and she had long, black curly hair. That's all I know.

I am also not certain, but I think this artist also sang a song called Black Book (which I also want to find), but the only lyric I recall from that song is:

'And the black book rages on.
    The black book rages on.'

The video featured a preacher in a church, and it eventually had the wooden church being blown into pieces by strong winds. I doubt that'll help anyone out, but you never know. :P

2. we-luv-fishin2 said:

Default the runaround

were you able to find this song yet?

Tahira said:

Maybe this song?
    EDIE BRICKELL - Circle
    http://www.lyrics-top.com/24108-1800...LL/Circle.html

Tahira

4. Denimjo said:

Nope, no luck thus far.

Tahira, it's definitely not that one, but thanks for trying.

5. we-luv-fishin2 said:

Smile the runaround

i know which song you are looking for. i belive my sister-in-law has the song on cd. she just moved and is in the process of un-packing. she is going to look for it - just may take awhile. I also emailed our local radio station they haven't repiled yet. I will up-date as soon as i find it. my sister-in-law knew right away what song i was discribing. she actually continued singing it after i quit. (quit giving me the runaround- STOP IT BOY- quit giving me the runaround).

6. Denimjo said:

Thank you so much! I was starting to think that I'd imagined the whole song. XD

7. we-luv-fishin2 said:

I FOUND IT. The song is titled the runaround and its by Suzanne Gitzi. Hope that helps you out. The radio station i emailed finally replied. Good luck.

8. we-luv-fishin2 said:

i believe the cd you are looking for is titled fallen angel - that is her earlier cd. she has a newer cd called dressed in black.

9. Denimjo said:

Thank you! At least I have the name and a CD title! I am in your debt. :P