My sanity is depending on you

Thread: My sanity is depending on you

Tags: None
  1. seattlehil said:

Default My sanity is depending on you

I am trying to find an 80's (maybe early 90's) song that is not too uncommon. I don't even know if I have the lyrics right but here is what I know:

Sung by a male
    Upbeat/dance-ish tempo
    The lyrics, I think, are something like:

Chorus: "oohhhh lovesnap, you spin me upside down, round and round, round and round. Ooohhhhh lovesnap, you spin me upside dowwwwwwwn, etc..."

I know, not much but that is all I've got.

Can you help a girl out?

Thanks!
    -Hilary

s_jazz said:

Maybe it's You Spin me right round by Billy Idol?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wausC4o32L0 (it's not Billy Idol's video)

3. seattlehil said:

nope :-( thanks though for trying!

I know it is NOT:
    Ratt
    Dead or Alive
    Lionel Richie
    Diana Ross
    b movie
    Vanessa Williams
    Lost Prophets

4. Luke of Metal said:

Quote Originally Posted by s_jazz View Post
    Maybe it's You Spin me right round by Billy Idol?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wausC4o32L0 (it's not Billy Idol's video)
    That's not, and never will be, sung by Billy Idol

It's Dead Or Alive

logan01 said:

Here's a bit more regarding the covers of the song "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)", provided by wikipedia:

Cover versions

* The song was covered by the heavy metal band Dope. This version can be found on American Psycho: Music from the Controversial Motion Picture and Felons & Revolutionaries . This version is often mislabeled on P2P networks as being by Marilyn Manson, Orgy, Billy Idol or Powerman 5000.

* In 1999, Blind Passengers covered the song "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" for the album Bastard.

* This song was also covered by Uranium 235 as part of a medley with the song "Tainted Love".

* Also in 2000 a cover, trance version appeared on Gigi D'Agostino's album Tecno Fes Vol. 2.

* Jessica Simpson covered the song for her fourth studio album, A Public Affair (2006). Her version, produced by Cory Rooney, reached number twenty on the U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart and number ninety-five on the Billboard Pop 100, although it was not released as a single. Simpson's version differs from the original in that it has new lyrics and only preserves the chorus of the song.

* A hi-NRG version was recorded by the Kinky Boyz and released through Almighty Records.

* The Italian dance/techno group Eiffel 65 covered of this song during the sessions of their second album Contact! it was released on Contact! (Advance Promo) but along with other tracks like Elephants In Amsterdam and Beatbox this did not make the final cut.

* Thalía covered the song in her 2002 album, Thalía.

* Belgian dance artist Danzel released his cover of the song in 2007.

* On May 19 2007, the French rock band Indochine did a live rendition of "You Spin Me Round" during the last concert of their tour at the Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy.

* The song was covered in concert by Chemical Road (later to become The Nodd), but their rendition was heckled by fans and they switched back to their original songs.

* A cover of the song is also part of the song list for Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party

6. seattlehil said:

The main word in the song may be nowhere near "lovesnap" but it sounded similar and was the main word in the chorus. Had two syllables.

Any other ideas?

Mumbles said:

hmm, "love shack" by the B-52s, although it doesn't really fit your description its worth a try
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice
    Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn

8. shannon1 said:

Possibly Round and Round by Miranda?