Moonlight

Thread: Moonlight

Tags: None
  1. Imprecation said:

Default Moonlight

I've been all over the internet looking for this song and no luck. I have no idea who sings it but I can tell you what I know about it. ANY help would be appreciated!!!

There is male vocals in it. No female vocals. It sounds like.. an Indian male singing just singing.. not like a ritual type of song. I'm starting to think that the only lyrics I could hear isn't the actual song title.

It's a dance/techno type of song but it's got guitar and synthesizer I think

The only lyrics I could hear clearly was "They are dancing in the moonlight"

It's NOT Van Morrison, Toploader(or any remakes!), King Harvest, Baha Men, on the 'a walk to remember' soundtrack, Thin Lizzy, or smashing pumpkins. It's also NOT Moonlight Party - Fonzerelli.

Someone PLEASE contact me via e-mail.. else I'll check this thread often to try and figure it out

2. Imprecation said:

bump please help

Tahira said:

It must be this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Vwu3xq_H8

Tahira

4. Imprecation said:

Quote Originally Posted by Imprecation View Post
    It's a dance/techno type of song but it's got guitar and synthesizer I think

It's NOT Van Morrison, Toploader(or any remakes!), King Harvest, Baha Men, on the 'a walk to remember' soundtrack, Thin Lizzy, or smashing pumpkins. It's also NOT Moonlight Party - Fonzerelli.
    Not Toploader.. googling the words I heard come up with toploader and the rest.. it's a techno/dance song..

5. Imprecation said:

it's not scooter..

I'm taking a chance here.. no one has any ideas???

6. Imprecation said:

bump one more time..

7. Imprecation said:

guess I stumped everyone.. I give up

8. Imprecation said:

9. Imprecation said:

Guess no one is gonna try lol

ty for help anyways I guess

atmaestro said:

The link was helpful to eliminate a lot of possibilites. What is source of the recording (live concert, movie,etc)? Can you upload a longer version of the song?

The back beat (bass guitar and percussion) remind me of the back beat for a song off of Pink Floyd's "The Wall" album (like "Run Like Hell"). Unfortunately I do not have a copy of "The Wall" (gasp!) so I can't narrow it down. It also reminds me of Jan Hammer's Miami Vice Theme music. I know your recording is not either of these songs, it's just the back beats are very similar.

The snippet of the vocals sounds like Steve Winwood to me.

Not sure if any of this helps...
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

11. Imprecation said:

No vocals in what I uploaded. The original recording of it wouldn't be appropriate for all audiences. Unfortunately it was taken from more adult content. Not an actual xxx movie but.. amature. Anyways.. I appreciate help

atmaestro said:

When I turned up the volume (as loud as I could stand it), there are vocals in the background throughout the entire 17 seconds. At about 10 seconds, he say what sounds like "dancin' in the moonlight".

atmaestro said:

Ok now I'm just desperate... my next wild guesses are:

"Dancing In The Moonlight" by U-2 (covers by Magnet or Jeff Buckley)
    "Moonlight" by Crematory
    "Home Again" by Blackmore's Night
    "J.B. Witchdance" by Masters of Reality
    "Dancing In The Moonlight" by Blue Murder

(However, I think it is safe to say we can eliminate "Dancing In The Moonlight" from the "Xena: Warrior Princess: Lyre, Lyre, Hearts on Fire" soundtrack)

14. Imprecation said:

I'm pretty sure it's more of a dancy tune.. but I've listened to the entire 10 minute clip again and I've picked out more lyrics I could understand

"No strength in the shadows"

I'm pretty sure that dancing in the moonlight isn't the song's title or possibly even in the title. I've used Tunatric over and over and it's coming up no song found. My guess is, it's too distorted and with what's in the background, it can't clearly hear it. Guess I'll just have to leave this one.. it's just driving me nuts.