Ploutarxos - An den akous ton erota

Thread: Ploutarxos - An den akous ton erota

Tags: None

Microeli said:

Unhappy Ploutarxos - An den akous ton erota

Parakalo, exei kanenas...the lyrics and translation of 'An den akous ton erota' from Ploutarxos?

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=21GSeYmk4bs

Euxaristo para para poli!!!
    Eviva!

y! said:

first two lines of the lyrics and that piano forced me to download it..
    I tried to translate it, but there are couple of words I can't understand, if I discover what they mean, if will be my pleasure to translate this one..except, if someone translate it before me

Αν δεν ακούς φτερούγισμα αγγέλων
    An den akous fterougisma aggelon
    την ώρα που το σώμα σου αγκαλιάζω
    tin ora pou to soma sou agkaliazo
    πώς να πιστέψεις στο δικό μας μέλλον
    pos na pistepseis sto diko mas mellon
    που μια ζωή για σένα θυσιάζω
    pou mia zoi gia sena thisiazo

Αν δεν ακούς τον έρωτα που νυχτοξημερώνει
    An den akous ton erota pou nixtoksimeronei
    τι θες την αγκαλιά μου της αγάπης μου κλεφτρόνι
    ti thes tin agkalia mou tis agapis mou kleftroni
    Αν δεν ακούς τον έρωτα που ζει για να μας ζήσει
    an den akoun ton erota pou zei gia na mas zisei
    θα πει οτι ατύχησα που σ΄έχω αγαπήσει
    tha pei oti atixisa pou s'exo agapisei

Αν δεν ακούς στο στήθος σου σειρήνες
    An den akous sto stithos sou seirines
    μ΄αυτά που στο αυτί σου ψιθυρίζω
    m'avta pou sto avti sou psithirizo
    αδιάφοροι θα χάνονται οι μήνες
    adiaforoi tha xanontai oi mines
    κι εγώ σαν έρωτάς σου δε θ΄αξίζω
    ki ego san erotas sou de tha' aksizo

An den akous ton erota pou zei gia na mas zisei

GPS said:

Smile well, I did, hope you like the result

Αν δεν ακούς φτερούγισμα αγγέλων
    An den akous fterougisma aggelon
    If you don’t hear angels flutter
    την ώρα που το σώμα σου αγκαλιάζω
    tin ora pou to soma sou agkaliazo
    by the time I embrace your body
    πώς να πιστέψεις στο δικό μας μέλλον
    pos na pistepseis sto diko mas mellon
    How can you believe in our future
    που μια ζωή για σένα θυσιάζω
    pou mia zoi gia sena thisiazo
    Since I sacrifice a life for you

If you don’t hear cupid who stays awake day and night
    What do you want my embrace for, my love’s thief
    If you don’t hear cupid, who lives for to keep us alive
    It means I misfortuned that I’ve loved you

Αν δεν ακούς στο στήθος σου σειρήνες
    An den akous sto stithos sou seirines
    If you don’t hear sirens in your bust
    μ΄αυτά που στο αυτί σου ψιθυρίζω
    m'avta pou sto avti sou psithirizo
    With what I whisper in your ear
    αδιάφοροι θα χάνονται οι μήνες
    adiaforoi tha xanontai oi mines
    the months, will careless be lost
    κι εγώ σαν έρωτάς σου δε θ΄αξίζω
    ki ego san erotas sou de tha' aksizo
    and I, as (being) your love will not worth it,

If you don’t hear cupid who stays awake day and night
    What do you want my embrace for, my love’s thief
    If you don’t hear cupid, who lives for to keep us alive
    It means I misfortuned that I’ve loved you

enjoy it

ps**thanks for lyrics y!
    Last edited by GPS; 03-05-2008 at 03:21 AM.
    "He who looks outside, dreams; he who looks within, awakens"

y! said:

I love it..song is just beautiful well, like I said piano (that I adore) mixed with GREEK beautiful lyrics..is there anything better than that?
    thank u for translation

GPS said:

Smile parakalo

it's always a pleasure, and I have to admit that
    you're very quick on finding lyrics. and yes its a beautiful song

Microeli said:

Talking BRAVO sas!!!

Bravo sas!!! Euxaristo para poli. Oraio den einai?
    Eviva!

GPS said:

pragmatika poly kalo.
    na ise kala!

GPS said:

Quote Originally Posted by y! View Post
    I love it..song is just beautiful well, like I said piano (that I adore) mixed with GREEK beautiful lyrics..is there anything better than that?
    thank u for translation
    I was thinking hmm, well YES there is.
    here it comes.
    piano/Greek lyrics/vacation/ Greek island/Summer/beach/ beach-bar/sand/sun/tan/frappe/nice company/no worries/ +add some more

hahaha

Cristina said:

Hahaha!! Etsi,etsi! Oneira glyka! Hahaha!

GPS said:

Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Hahaha!! Etsi,etsi! Oneira glyka! Hahaha!
    treis mines minane, pou tha paei tha perasoun. to kalokairi plisiazei.....

y! said:

Quote Originally Posted by GPS View Post
    I was thinking hmm, well YES there is.
    here it comes.
    piano/Greek lyrics/vacation/ Greek island/Summer/beach/ beach-bar/sand/sun/tan/frappe/nice company/no worries/ +add some more

hahaha
    well, when you think like that..
    don't remind me on that on this ugly rainy day

GPS said:

Cool distance and wheather its not the issue

well, when you think like that..
    don't remind me on that on this ugly rainy day
    Well today its also not so good here, BUT..... think as if its June, July, or August
    Belgrade >Athens= 60 min by plane> then just pick an island
    Belgrade>Thessaloniki 25 min by plane > Chalkidiki close by > Samothraki, Limnos, Agios Stratis, Thasos
    the only thing it keeps you away is A DESICION

y! said:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by GPS View Post
    Well today its also not so good here, BUT..... think as if its June, July, or August
    Belgrade >Athens= 60 min by plane> then just pick an island
    Belgrade>Thessaloniki 25 min by plane > Chalkidiki close by > Samothraki, Limnos, Agios Stratis, Thasos
    the only thing it keeps you away is A DESICION
    well, I just can't agree with you on this one..yes, if you think in some higher level, only thing that keeps me away is a desicion..but after I decide I need to do soooo many things..
    for example, I am planing my trip to Greece (which will be in the beggining of April) for two months already..first I have to schedule a meeting in Greek embassy, at least two weeks before trip..and before that I have to collect papers for that..for example, I have to fing greek citizen that will send me invitation letter(that's already 3 weeks before trip), and to get 100 more papers, that will prove greek authorities that I don't plan to stay there, that is, that I have some reasons to come back home (and between two of us, I don't really have a reason to come back)
    I don't have problem with doing all those things.. the reason is, the Greece is only country I visited, where I don't think about any worries, problems etc.., and along with that I still really feel like I am home

I wish I could come tomorrow, but for me, at least for now, it's not only one decision

14. dya said:

Oh, my God, you have to go through this entire nightmare just to go on a holiday?! And you need an invitation for that?! It's probably an agreement between the two countries and it doesn't have anything to do with being or not in EU. Because I was first in Crete in 2006(when we weren't in the EU) and we didn't need anything else except for our passports...

y! said:

well, I don't think I can compare our two countries..you have european perspective (I think about joining EU) for years, I think..but we don't hah..they just lie to us every day, that EU wants us sooo much, if we fulfill one condition, after that they say that they have some more conditions etc etc..and like that for yeaars...Serbia is for 20 years black hole in this region..
    it's easier when you go with agency, because you get 'colective' visa, and you don't need invitation(but you have to be with group, enter the country with group, be there all time, and got back with them)...but if you want to go just like that, for example, to visit country with no reason(even for visit a friends), I need a lot of papers..I am a student, and I have 'part-time' job, so I need papers from my uni, and since I don't have 'full-time' job, I need proof that my parents are imployed and papers about their income(which is btw. very important, because Canadians refused my application once because they said that my parents can't afford my trip there, no matter I have a lot of cousins there)..
    well, spanish and italian governement is much worse..you have to apply more papers for their Sengen viza
    even if I am employed 'full-time' I would need invitation letter anyway..
    it's everything about Sengen zone and EU..
    and with all that.. I will get ONE entry to Greece for 15 days..
    right now, without visa I can go to Bosnia, Croatia, FYROM, and Cuba I think haha

don't ask, in last couple of months I am really thinking about leaving this country for gooooood..I lost any hope that something will ever change..

GPS said:

Unhappy ah!

well, I don't think I can compare our two countries..you have european perspective (I think about joining EU) for years, I think..but we don't hah..they just lie to us every day, that EU wants us sooo much, if we fulfill one condition, after that they say that they have some more conditions etc etc..and like that for yeaars...Serbia is for 20 years black hole in this region..
    it's easier when you go with agency, because you get 'colective' visa, and you don't need invitation(but you have to be with group, enter the country with group, be there all time, and got back with them)...but if you want to go just like that, for example, to visit country with no reason(even for visit a friends), I need a lot of papers..I am a student, and I have 'part-time' job, so I need papers from my uni, and since I don't have 'full-time' job, I need proof that my parents are imployed and papers about their income(which is btw. very important, because Canadians refused my application once because they said that my parents can't afford my trip there, no matter I have a lot of cousins there)..
    well, spanish and italian governement is much worse..you have to apply more papers for their Sengen viza
    even if I am employed 'full-time' I would need invitation letter anyway..
    it's everything about Sengen zone and EU..
    and with all that.. I will get ONE entry to Greece for 15 days..
    right now, without visa I can go to Bosnia, Croatia, FYROM, and Cuba I think haha

don't ask, in last couple of months I am really thinking about leaving this country for gooooood..I lost any hope that something will ever change..

Well sorry for saying so y!, but complains about governments policy (name of the country is irrelevant, maybe it’s my country, yours, his, hers) we all DO have. Now you THINK, that joining EU will solve a major part of problems. What you don’t know is that joining EU and becoming a full member will cause you, many more and I believe more than a nation like yours or ours can bear. You already had a taste with Montenegro how the so called “major” European countries acted. They all follow a very simple plan. Its called: ΔΙΑΙΡΕΙ ΚΑΙ ΒΑΣΙΛΕΥΕ = ruling by division /or divide and rule.
    And another thing. We’re talking about wealthy countries with very poor citizens. And I’m talking about the majority. At least Greece became one of them.
    But enough said.
    This forum is for us, having fun so let’s have some.

Now just because I think I generated this whole conversation I would like to wish to you less paperwork and more days of the most wonderful vacation ever. And if your dream is to leave your country and live somewhere else, sooner is always the better…

y! said:

well...I have to say something more, and after that I will shut up, I promise

first of all, I don't really care about EU..I know it's not even close to pure gold, like our politicians like to present it..I am aware that nowhere is perfect..
    if they ask me, I would never join, I just want simple, normal life, without thinking about some essential human things..with or without EU...
    and yes...I know that everywhere are complains to and about government policy (I don't know if you got me wrong, I didn't complain on greek government, every country acts the same)..but AT LEAST if you wish to go to Rome tomorrow, you can, right?
    I don't want to sound selfish(I know that lot of people here just dream about vacation on sunny beaches), but if I can afford to spend my whole month income on 10 days somewhere and if that is my choise, all I want now is my government enables me that..I don't think I ask too much..

I can't wait my first vacation this year, and I hope I will be able to do it more often soon Even if that means I have to leave my country

and thank u for nice wishes

18. dya said:

You're perfectly right to be angry y!. And I know what you're talking about with the Shengen visa and all the paperwork because we've been there too. And the same anger was around here when people had to go through endless humiliating experiences just because they wanted to have a nice vacation in a nice place.

And I also know the criteria which "help" you fail getting the visa: in case your profession is one wanted in other countries(therefore you can find work there), and you're young and not married + children (therefore nothing keeps you in your country) you may as well kiss your visa good-bye because you're too dangerous!!

But as GPS said: just enjoy the thought of going to this particular vacation this year. If you consider the purpose,( you can read GPS's post from above regarding Greek island/Summer/beach/ beach-bar/sand/sun/tan/frappe/nice company/no worries/ , then the trouble of getting through all the paper work will worth it!!

y! said:

so, you understood me, great

I am enjoying that thought since I lost opportunity to spend new year there..I even started to study more, so I could pass some exam this month, so I can prove them I am a real student, not only on paper(they check it too)..
    anyway, that won't be Greek island(not this month, I will leave that for summer)
    ..but it will be Thessaloniki/Spring/couple of great greek friends(so I will practise my Greek for a couple of days)/frappe(for sure)/beach(halkidiki probably)/sun(must be)/and no worries FOR SURE!
    for at least half of this, I will sell one kidney, or sign death penalty, if they want that!

GPS said:

well...I have to say something more, and after that I will shut up, I promise

first of all, I don't really care about EU..I know it's not even close to pure gold, like our politicians like to present it..I am aware that nowhere is perfect..
    if they ask me, I would never join, I just want simple, normal life, without thinking about some essential human things..with or without EU...
    and yes...I know that everywhere are complains to and about government policy (I don't know if you got me wrong, I didn't complain on greek government, every country acts the same)..but AT LEAST if you wish to go to Rome tomorrow, you can, right?
    I don't want to sound selfish(I know that lot of people here just dream about vacation on sunny beaches), but if I can afford to spend my whole month income on 10 days somewhere and if that is my choise, all I want now is my government enables me that..I don't think I ask too much..

I can't wait my first vacation this year, and I hope I will be able to do it more often soon Even if that means I have to leave my country

and thank u for nice wishes

First of all I didn’t mean to shut you up. Then I didn’t got you wrong. I don’t care about our government. I don’t believe in charismatic politicians. Politician (at least most of them) nowadays is the synonym of a liar. A person who can do about everything just to be elected. And afterwards, completely nothing. The absolute zero. Only p/r media promises and excuses.
    Now, the issue here is your vacation extension.
    I know that every year, many boys and girls from various countries, are coming to Greece to spend some weeks here. As you know money just like diamonds don’t last forever. So, they are doing the simplest thing. They apply for a summer job in the place they are vacating (coffee-shops/tavernas/pubs/clubs/beach-bars, just name it. You can see them everywhere) And with this trick they exteeeeeeeend their vacation time for much, much longer. So, one less. Now you just have only one thing to worry about. How you can ask for a 30/60/90 days permit. Well, if you find someone who already did it I suppose he/she will tell you. And I’m sure, since you want it so badly that you’ll find THE way (and btw what forbids you of breaking this silly permit lets say because you got pneumonia and you can't travel back)
    Stop worrying, start thinking
    Rather be solution, than problem oriented.