Wastin' Away

Thread: Wastin' Away

Tags: None

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Actually, if lyrics are too deep then people won't listen as they tend to be too highbrow.

People sometimes like lyrics - epscially in hard rock - they don't have to think about, hell, even Tool have simple lyrics sometimes...

Plus, why shouldn't someone listen to OPINION and REVIEWS?!
  2. HellBellsLiveWire said:

So, in your opinion the lyrics are too deep then?

Well I disagree, plenty of Hard Rock artists have deep and meaningful lyrics. It isnt a requirement in Hard Rock to have simple lyrics etc.

There's nothing wrong with having either imo

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Quote Originally Posted by HellBellsLiveWire View Post
    So, in your opinion the lyrics are too deep then?
    Nicely assumed, I can see a theme in your posts towards people.

Well I disagree,
    with what? You can't dissagree with yourself, well you can but noone'll trust you

plenty of Hard Rock artists have deep and meaningful lyrics. It isnt a requirement in Hard Rock to have simple lyrics etc.
    Granted, and if you stopped assuming you'd see I agreed

There's nothing wrong with having either imo
    Agreed again, and can you not type "in my opinion"?

Sewn Up said:

I think some of these people are being a little hard on you, especially Ultimate Worrier. I've gone through all the comments and I don't understand what assupmtions he assumes you're making. But then again he's that way with everyone, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to him. I think the lyrics are great. They've got a relovent message behind them, regardless of how "deep" they are. I personally don't think you can get too deep with songs. There are more bands than I can count who have some pretty "deep" songs. They use a lot of metaphors to get a particular point across. Look at songs like "Master Of Puppets" by Metallica and "Suicide Messiah" by Black Label Society which talk about drug addiction. This particular set of lyrics is more like "Never Again" by Nickelback because it tells more of a story than anything. I think they're pretty straight forward in what they're getting across rather than "deep". Like I said, don't pay too much attention to what some of these people have to say. If that's your writing style, go for it and make it work. Keep it up!
  5. HellBellsLiveWire said:

You're right Ultimate Worrier, Im so Dumb and you're so smart.

And thanks SewnUp : )
  6. texter-bernd said:

To me the lyrics of "wastin' away" sound rather moral or even righteous, and not at all like hard rock. I am greatful, though, since they inspired me to a song which I called "holy hooker" (you'll find it if you look for it; the lyrics I mean, I haven't recorded it yet).

Cheers,
    Bernd

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Sewn Up
    - Can I climb on your moral high horse with you for a minute... Go on, budge up... Thanks... My god, she's tall.

Now I'm up here I need a chat with you about what the hell you're talking about and how the hell you came to the conclusion I'm being too hard on HellsBells over there (I see you, hello!! *waves*).

Not long ago, I gave some opinions about his songs and he shot me down for them... Personally, if people cannot take opinion then they shouldn't ask for them and he did and couldn't.

You're judging me on PERSONAL OPINION - It's my own an nooneelse's

And yes, I'm fully aware of MOP's lyrics and Nicelback's lyrics
    - I believe I commented once on them myself...
    * Difference of opinion is not argument, only difference.
    * Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it sh*t
    * You are all individual, just like everyone else.

Sewn Up said:

Ultimate Worrier (now that we're on the same high horse),

There's a fairly distinct difference between having your opinions put out there in a constructive manner and having them brought out in a way that makes people feel like they're wrong for the way that they wrote the song because you may not have done it the same way or listened to the same style of music. Not everyone responds to that type of criticism in a good way. I know you've commented on some of my more recent lyrics and I thank you for the comments you made. I have no problem with it and apply the feedback if possible. But we also seem to listen to the same kinds of stuff. My comment was never really intended to be a personal attack on your thoughts at all, it was merely an observation that I made. That's something I want you to understand.

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sewn Up View Post
    Ultimate Worrier (now that we're on the same high horse),

There's a fairly distinct difference between having your opinions put out there in a constructive manner and having them brought out in a way that makes people feel like they're wrong for the way that they wrote the song because you may not have done it the same way or listened to the same style of music.
    So do I, I haven't done this tho'

Not everyone responds to that type of criticism in a good way.
    not everyone responds to any of my opinions... Personally, I blame the parents

I know you've commented on some of my more recent lyrics and I thank you for the comments you made. I have no problem with it and apply the feedback if possible. But we also seem to listen to the same kinds of stuff. My comment was never really intended to be a personal attack on your thoughts at all, it was merely an observation that I made. That's something I want you to understand.
    What it seemed to me was you claiming I was being tough on HellsBells and I wasn't. He's ragged on my opinions because they're different to his and really open mindedness if the gateway to rock and metal and difference is the way rock/metal stays alive.

If I want to have an opinion I will have one but if people can't hack that then it's not my fault, brother.
    * Difference of opinion is not argument, only difference.
    * Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it sh*t
    * You are all individual, just like everyone else.
  10. HellBellsLiveWire said:

Default hello again

Any new users willing to give a review? Havent been on here in a while