SOLVED:Help Me With This Song From The 90's, very long as this is all I can remember)

Thread: SOLVED:Help Me With This Song From The 90's, very long as this is all I can remember)

Tags: None

cbwillallen25 said:

Default SOLVED:Help Me With This Song From The 90's, very long as this is all I can remember)

OK, I am 20 years old, and I heard this song when I was about 10 years old. I heard it a few times. This song must have came out between 1995-1997. Forgive me but it's hard trying to remember this song

The song is a dance type of song. It sounds like it is sung in English and Spanish. It consists of an instrumental that lasts about 10 seconds, then the refrain/chorus, then a verse, then the instrumental that was used in the beginning, then the refrain/chorus, then another verse, then the same instrumental that was used in the beginning, then an instrumental of the refrain/chorus and the song starts to finish.

The Refrain/chorus is sung by a girl that sounds like she's singing the refrain/chorus in Spanish and English. She sounds lively and after the first line/pharse of the refrain some instruments (sounds like saxophones and trumpets) play some short melody, then she sings the second line/phrase and afterwards the same instruments play the same melody that they played after the first line/phrase. This happens in each refrain/chorus.

The verses are sung by a guy that is singing kind of softly. You can hear what he's saying though. It sounds like he sings both verses in English.

OK, I will try my best to post certain notes that are played during the song. The song can be conducted in 4/4 time, 4 beats per measure. The first part (melodic instrumental introduction) is played by the saxophone and the notes sound like "GFGFGFGABAGFGEFD". Each note is an eigth note, but there is a short little pause after the first A and the final note"D" is held for a second and there's a short pause. Then the notes "DC" are played to lead into the refrain and they are eigth notes.

Then comes the refrain, the female is singing with the notes and the notes sounded like these. So you have the "DC" and then the refrain "DEFGAAGAAGAAGABGAF". With the notes being eigth notes, short pauses coming after the first A, third A, fifth A, and the final note "F" is held for a bit. Then the saxophone and trumpet play something that sounds like "GAGFGE" with them being eigth notes, a short pause after the first "G" and the "E" getting held for a little. The girl sounds like the first word in this line is "Vamos" and the last words possibly are I really needed love/I'm really need of love/I really need it, love. In between sounds like words like senorita and mamita amd then the final words of the line. The first line sounds all Spanish until the last words of the line.

Then the "DC" is played again and the second part of the refrain is played "DEFGAAGAAGAAGFGEFD" With the notes being eigth notes, short pauses coming after the first A, third A, fifth A, and the final note "D" is held for a bit. Then the saxophone and trumpet play something that sounds like "GAGFGE" with them being eigth notes, a short pause after the first "G" and the "E" getting held until the verse begins. In here it sounds like all Spanish, like one part sounds like nando cavalero or something.

The verse has the guy singing to notes that sound like "FFFFCFFFFF" in the beginning with a pause after the first "F", fourth "F" and afterwards I don't no. It sounds like some words he says are Each time I make/Each time I pray/Each night I make/Eache night I pray and then I want to take. That's the beginning of the first verse.

Then the instrumental like the beginning, the refrain, another verse, the instrumental that was like the intro and then the instrumental of the refrain (sounds like it is played by a piano) and there is some harmonic line that sounds like it is played by a saxophone or a trumpet. This is the best I can do. Thanks, God Bless You.

**NOTE** I found the song I was looking for, wow, when I heard it it was simlar to how I described it, but there were some things I didn't remember. It's cool though, I have some more to look for, but this was a big burden that was lifted. Thanks again, this is a great forum.
    Last edited by cbwillallen25; 03-14-2008 at 10:38 AM. Reason: I found the song

cbwillallen25 said:

Default Here's the song

Song Name: No Tengo Dinero
    Artist Name: Los Umbrellos
    Album: Flamenco Funk
    Songwriters: Agami, Balmorian, Hadjikas
    Release Date: 1998.02.10
    Label: Virgin

LYRICS FOR "No Tengo Dinero"

Vamos a tequila, senorita, bonita
    I really need it now
    I got no tengo dinero, camarero