Rules of attraction

Thread: Rules of attraction

Tags: None
  1. evereade said:

Cool Rules of attraction

You can have all the money in the world but you cant buy trust,
    And if she is with you because of things then you are paying for lust.
    Thats why on the first date you get a big mac and a french fry
    A small drink and dont think that im paying for the super size
    Think about my logic anyone will eat lobster from the start
    But if i was broke would you be willing to sit and talk in the park?
    I dont finish cause i dont start whats it really about?
    If i only could afford to cook you dinner would you be mad and pout?
    Not asking you to go without dont even get it twisted
    But is the evening only special because its expensive?
    If it is then you can bounce cause i dont want none
    But why cant we sit at home and play cards and still have fun?
    Id love to buy you finer things and take you out on the town.
    I just want to be sure you are going to be there when a brother is down.

2. HellBellsLiveWire said:

ill assume these are hip hop lyrics. correct? if so theyre pretty good.

3. evereade said:

Actually this one is a spoken word poem but yea most of my lyrics are hip hop i have not learned how to write other types of music yet

Drummer for Vertiis said:

Lyrics don't have a set genre as a lot of underground hip hop now, some of it has a more metal lyrical vibe to it... Artists like Necro for example do more death metal lyrical style hip hop... And artists like Onyx were true gangsta rap but were huge friends with the hardcore metal band biohazard... not to mention Body Count who were a metal band but Ice T put a kinda gangsta angle on the lyrics...
    War of races, world without intelligence
    A place consumed by time - End of it all

We're born with pain
    No more... We're dead embryonic cells

5. evereade said:

I appreciate your opinion and insight, you appear to have insight and experience on music that i dont have.

I'm not actually a huge hip hop fan.

I'm more of a rock/metal/industrial fan but the hip hop I do like is thr stuff from the 80's/90's like Grandmaster Flash / Ice T / NWA / Public Enemy / Run DMC / Sugarhill Gang... Stuff that had a message and stood up for itself fighting against the system and the grain, not just trying to prove it's masculinity by showing off it's wealth or how many "ho's" it can have in a day... you don't have to show off to prove you're a man, far from it, that sort of behaviour makes you look dumb.

But to your point of having insight into music...
    If you want to have insight into music, then learn about the bands and artists you like. People who are into, say, AC/DC or Iron Maiden can tell you who's been in the band from the beginning or who plays what make of guitar or what drumkit the drummer has because those bands tend to be apporachable to the average fan and that makes the average fan want to learn as much about the band as they can.

When I find a band I like and I'm into them, I'll learn the lyrics, the history and whatever about them so I know what's what.

We're born with pain

7. HellBellsLiveWire said:

Its important to know the genre of music so you can read the lyrics the way the writer intended them to be heard. If its supposed to be a spoken word poem, then id say it was a hip-hop/rap song. Im not a fan of metal-rap hybrids, but Im a fan of the individual genres, so I would recommend sticking to hip hop. Also, metal bands who incorporate rapping style vocals in their songs usually write pretty hardcore lyrics dealing with violence, much like gangster rap. I dont think these lyrics would do well in a metal song because the subject matter doesnt really fit that genre.

I never said metal bands who use hip hop lyrics, I know what hardcore is being into it most of my life, thanks.

I said some ICE T is in a metal band, Ice is a rapper but he plays heavy metal in Body Count.

And I also said you don't have to write lyrics in a certain way to fit a particular style, and unless you're doing the usual "gonna drink cristal, gonna flash ma cars gonna be a di*k" rap lyrics then I stand by that.

We're born with pain

9. HellBellsLiveWire said:

Metal bands use lyrics that are structered like this, but they usually have different subject matter. same goes for hardcore.

"I also said you don't have to write lyrics in a certain way to fit a particular style"

Then why are you always criticising me about writing hard rock lyrics that arent about having a good time?