Natacha Atlas - Adam's Lullaby

Thread: Natacha Atlas - Adam's Lullaby

Tags: None
  1. honey in the sunshine said:

Default Natacha Atlas - Adam's Lullaby

I couldn't find the lyrics for these beautiful song.
    They are in Arabic and I would like the translation in English, Romanian, Italian, French or German.

Pleeease!

Layla said:

I have searched for the lyrics everywhere and i couldn't find them either. I have also found a page where it says that the artist has decided not to disclose the lyrics for this song. Sorry.

3. honey in the sunshine said:

I guess I'll just have to find someone that understands arabic and make him listen to the song

thanks anyway, it was very nice of you to do the search.
    If I get lucky I'll post the translation here, just in case anyone else needs it.

Tahira said:

Hi, I guess this is the song you´re looking for. It is one of the few songs I don´t know from Natacha Atlas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2-HXRVcz6c

Maybe someone of our native speakers can listen to it, and give you at least a rough expression of the meaning.

Tahira

5. honey in the sunshine said:

yeah, that would be great!
    I was wondering: would it be ok if I post the title of the song and author to "arabic translations"? Just in case... But I don't want to break any forum rules or something...
    Last edited by honey in the sunshine; 03-19-2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: add

6. honey in the sunshine said:

Default Solved

The song only says "Ayish ya ibni Adam, 'ayish" (Live, son of Adam, live) but in different ways. And I also found out that it's actually in Hindi, not Arabic
    Last edited by honey in the sunshine; 03-19-2008 at 10:54 AM.

Layla said:

Quote Originally Posted by honey in the sunshine View Post
    The song only says "Ayish ya ibni Adam, 'ayish" (Live, son of Adam, live) but in different ways. And I also found out that it's actually in Hindi, not Arabic
    Oh, i'm glad that your problem is solved now.

8. daddysangeleyes0687 said:

my boyfriend is arabic! I will ask him to translate, and then post for you guys!

Aya said:

It is not in Hindi, it's in Arabic. I heard the lyrics when I was watching the movie and wondered why they didn't pick a Bengali song but rather a song by Natacha Atlas who is half Belgian and half Egyptian - a few thousand miles difference there!

The lyrics she repeats are as someone said, live son of adam. She also says 'listen to me son of adam, live" and "And also, another time.. my son live"

10. phroawg said:

Red face lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by honey in the sunshine View Post
    I couldn't find the lyrics for these beautiful song.
    They are in Arabic and I would like the translation in English, Romanian, Italian, French or German.

Pleeease!
    i have found lyrics in Arabic , after translating , this is what it says :

: My son, Adam lived lived
    Ah, my son, Adam lived
    Lived my heart

Oh, my son, Adam lived
    Hear me, my son, Adam lived
    Hey Hey Adam Adam
    Oh, my son, Adam lived

Oh, my son, Adam lived
    My son, Adam lived lived
    Ah, my son, Adam ......