Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Italian <-> English translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Italian <-> English translations

Tags: None

baby_girl_ said:

Adoro le relazioni brevi, brevissime. / I love/adore short relationships, very short ones.
    Quelle fugaci. Quelle fatte di quattro appuntamenti. Tutte di ansie, troppo di fumo e poco di arrosto. Sono le migliori. Ti regalano il meglio e ti risparmiano il peggio. / Fleeting relationships. Those made of four dates. Full of anxiety, of too much smoke and a little roasted. They are the best. They offer you the best and they protect you from the worst.

Ligeia said:

"E' da un po' che non ci scriviamo"
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

cmyers said:

Translation to English please for this quote:

...la gioia lo colmò tutto...
    dalla testa fino alla punta dei piedi, gioia di vivere e gioia di essere se stesso. Perchè ora sapeva chi era e qual era il suo mondo. Era rinato. E la cosa più bella era che adesso voleva proprio essere così com'era. Se avesse potuto scegliere fra tutte le possibilità, non avrebbe scelto altro che questa.
    [Michael Ende - La storia infinita]

Ligeia said:

Joy pervaded his whole being... from head to toe, joy of living, and joy of being himself. Because he finally knew who he was and which one was his world. He was born again. And the best thing was that he wanted to be just who he was. If he could have chosen among all the possibilities, he would have chosen nothing but this one.

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

cmyers said:

Could someone translate these Italian words please:

svegliare prestissimissimoo

Ligeia said:

To wake up very very early

cmyers said:

Translation please. . .not sure if this is a quote or not. :/

1. Il Pataturco‎..da sempre tutti quando si incazzano se la prendono con lui..ma perchè?? Pataturco: un amico da conoscere!

Also could someone please tell me how to write in Italian:

1. Always with you.
    2. With you always.
    3. Together always.
    4. Feel my love.
    Last edited by cmyers; 06-14-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Ligeia said:

1. Il Pataturco‎..da sempre tutti quando si incazzano se la prendono con lui..ma perchè?? Pataturco: un amico da conoscere!
    The pataturco(I have no idea what or who it is)..since forever, when all the people get angry they pick on him/it...but why? pataturco, a friend you have to know

1. Sempre con te
    2. Con te sempre.
    3. Insieme sempre.
    4. Senti il mio amore.

9. safe1 said:

buona sera a tutti.

Can anyone suggest a good CBT (computer based training) method (or DVD,CD) for learning Italian? It should include audio pronunciation as well...

Interaction should be in English...

Or any good books?
    The most charming creatures on this earth. The only women who can show what they feel and, they do feel.
    Stunning feeling...to just meet them.

cmyers said:

Translation to English please for 2 quotes:

1. Non
    si capisce. E' una di quelle cose che è meglio che non ci pensi,se no ci
    esci matto. Quando cade un quadro. Quando ti svegli,un mattino,e non la
    ami più. Quando vedi un treno e pensi io devo andarmene da qui. Quando,in
    mezzo all'oceano, Novecento alzò lo sguardo dal piatto e mi disse: "A New
    York, fra tre giorni,io scenderò da questa nave". Ci rimasi secco. (A. Baricco)

2. Suonavamo perchè l'Oceano è grande, e fa paura...
    ...suonavamo perché la gente non sentisse passare il tempo, e si dimenticasse dov' era, e chi era. Suonavamo per farli ballare, perché se balli non puoi morire, e ti senti Dio. E suonavamo il ragtime, perché è la musica su cui Dio balla, quando nessuno lo vede.[ A.Baricco – Novecento ]

Ligeia said:

1. It is beyond comprehension. One of those things you better not think about, otherwise you'll go insane. When a picture falls off. When you wake up, on a morning, and you realize you don't love her anymore. When you see a train and you think "i got to get away from here". When, in the middle of the ocean, Novecento raised his eyes from the dish and told me "In new york, in three days, i will get off this ship". I remained thunderstruck.

2. We used to play because the ocean is wide, and eerie...We played so that people could not feel the time passing by, so that they could forget where they were, who they were. We used to play to make them dance, because you cannot die if you dance, you feel like a god. And we played ragtime because is the music god dances to, when no one can spot him.

cmyers said:

Translation please:

UNA COSA E CERTA NON sarò MAI IL SECONDO DI NESSUNO
    MEN CHE MENO UN SECONDO DI AMICI E DI AMICI STRETTI.

Ligeia said:

One thing is for certain: i'll never be anybody's second choice (or replacement, substitute), let alone friends and close friends' second choice.

cmyers said:

Translation to English please for this quote:

Siamo solo io e te, a volere il bene dell’altro, a ignorare chi abbiamo affianco, Insieme chissà ancora per quanto.

Ligeia said:

It's just you and I, loving each other, ignoring those who are around us. Together, who knows for still how long

cmyers said:

Another quote translated please:

Spiegò che nessuno deve credere di essere solo......perchè in ciascuno vive il sangue di coloro che l'hanno generato, ed è una cosa che va indietro fino alla notte dei tempi. Così siamo solo una curva di un fiume, che viene da lontano e non si fermerà dopo di noi. [ A.Baricco – Questa Storia ]

Ligeia said:

He explained that no one should believe to be alone...because within each person lives the blood of those who begat him/her, and it's something that existed since the dawn of time. So, we're just a bend of a river which comes from afar and won't stop after us.

cmyers said:

Translation please for 2 quotes:

1. Ci sono persone che rimangono nella pelle come una cicatrice,altre restano in una canzone,certe,in un tatuaggio.
    Alcune persone hanno il nome di una città lontana,a volte rimane il colore degli occhi a ricordarcele.Altre persone cerchiamo di dimenticarle,perchè ci ricordano un periodo in cui non ci piacevamo.Altre ci fanno ridere quando non ce l'aspettiamo.Siamo la somma di tutte le persone che abbiamo conosciuto,che ci hanno amato?Non so voi,ma io mi sento più una sottrazione.

2. Perchè non corre diritto il cuore degli uomini...
    ...e non c'è ordine, forse, nel loro andare. (A. Baricco)
    Last edited by cmyers; 07-19-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Ligeia said:

1. There are people that linger on the skin, like a scar, others remain in a song, some in a tattoo.
    Some people bear the name of a distant town, sometimes the colour of their eyes remains to remind us of them. We try to forget some people, because they bring back to mind a time when we did not like ourselves. Some others make us laugh when we least expect it. Are we the sum of all the people we've met, of all the people who have loved us? I don't know about you, but i feel more like a subtraction.

2. Because humans' heart does not run straightly...and there's no orderliness, maybe, in their pace.

cmyers said:

Translation please for quote:

e femmene rò liett nè sò 100. a femmene rò core ne' una sola.