Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Italian <-> English translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Italian <-> English translations

Tags: None

Ligeia said:

The women in your bed can be 100, but only one the woman of your heart.
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

cmyers said:

Translation to English please:

Tutto l'affetto che provavo si trasformò in indifferenza e 'stima calata'. Più potente era l'affetto più l'indifferenza prendeva posto tra me e quella persona che un tempo importava.

Ligeia said:

All the love i was feeling turned to indifference and low esteem. The more the affection was strong the more the indifference was insinuating itself between me and the one that was once so important.

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

cmyers said:

Translation for 2 quotes please (i'm not sure but I think there might be a bad word in one of them):

1. Non si può commettere due volte lo stesso errore.
    Perché se lo fai la seconda volta vo ricr ca si strunz co cor kitammuò!

2. E poi boh... Scambi il matrimonio di Brunetta per un battesimo

Ligeia said:

1. You can't make the same mistake twice.
    Because if you make it a second time......
    (i can' understand the rest of the phrase

2. And then i don't know... you mistake Brunetta's wedding for a baptism.

cmyers said:

Translation please for quotes:

1. C'erano delle cose che non erano assolutamente come sembravano,
    è che a volte l'idea di un qualcosa che si era venuta a creare e che era già completa non aveva intenzione di modificarsi ed essere disturbata. ©

2. Sono gli altri le strade, io sono una piazza, non porto in nessun posto, io sono un posto.
    Sarebbe tutto più semplice se non ti avessero inculcato questa storia
    del finire da qualche parte, se solo ti avessero insegnato, piuttosto, a
    essere felice rimanendo immobile. Tutte quelle storie sulla tua strada.
    Trovare la tua strada. Andare per la tua strada. Magari invece siamo
    fatti per vivere in una piazza, o in un giardino pubblico, fermi lì, a
    far passare la vita, magari siamo un crocicchio, il mondo ha bisogno che
    stiamo fermi, sarebbe un disastro se solo ce ne andassimo, a un certo
    punto, per la nostra strada, quale strada? Sono gli altri le strade, io
    sono una piazza, non porto in nessun posto, io sono un posto. (A. Baricco)
    Last edited by cmyers; 07-28-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Ligeia said:

1. Some things weren't what they seemed at all.
    The fact is that sometimes the idea of something, the idea that took shape and was already complete, had no intention to change and to be bothered

2. The others are the streets, i am a Square, i lead nowhere, i am a place. It would all be easier if they hadn't hammered that "must end up somewhere" story into your mind, if only they would have taught you, instead, how to be happy while remaining still. All those stories about your way. Find your way. Go your own way. Maybe, we are made to live in a square or in a park, standing there, watching the life passing by, maybe we are a crossroad, the world needs us to be motionless, it would be a disaster if suddenly we'd go our own way, which way? The others are the streets, i am a Square, i lead nowhere, i am a place.

cmyers said:

Quote translated please:

Ma poi ci sono i segreti, ed è lì che si va a nascondere la felicità. (Alessandro Baricco)

Maviii said:

Quote Originally Posted by cmyers View Post
    Quote translated please:

Ma poi ci sono i segreti, ed è lì che si va a nascondere la felicità. (Alessandro Baricco)
    But then there are secrets, and that's where you go to hide the happiness. (Alessandro Baricco)

correction is welcomed

cmyers said:

Lo sai, mettersi ad amare qualcuno, è un’impresa. Bisogna avere un’energia, una generosità, un accecamento. C’è perfino un momento, al principio, in cui bisogna saltare un precipizio: se si riflette non lo si fa. - Jean-Paul Sartre, La Nausea.

Maviii said:

Lo sai, mettersi ad amare qualcuno, è un’impresa. Bisogna avere un’energia, una generosità, un accecamento. C’è perfino un momento, al principio, in cui bisogna saltare un precipizio: se si riflette non lo si fa. - Jean-Paul Sartre, La Nausea.

You know, to get to love someone, it is a business. You have to have energy, generosity, a blindness. There's even a moment at the beginning, where you have to jump off a cliff: If you don't reflects . - Jean-Paul Sartre, Nausea.

correction is welcomed again

Ligeia said:

Just two small corrections:

You know, to get to love someone, it is quite a job/ a challenge. You have to have energy, generosity, a blindness. There's even a moment at the beginning, where you have to jump off a cliff: If you think about it you don't do it.

cmyers said:

Translation for another quote please:

Mi ha detto che secondo lui la gente vive per anni e anni ma in realtà è solo in una piccola parte di quegli anni che vive davvero, e cioè negli anni in cui riesce a fare ciò per cui è nata. Allora lì, è felice. Il resto del tempo è tempo che passa ad aspettare o a ricordare. [A. Baricco - Questa Storia]

Ligeia said:

He told me that he thinks people live for years and years but they really and fully live only a small part of those years, that is those years when they can do what they are born to do. In those moments they're happy. The rest of the time is just spent waiting and reminiscing.

cmyers said:

Can someone please tell me what "noù" means?

Ligeia said:

Maybe it could be "no", "we" (noi) or..."new" (nou) in Catalan.

cmyers said:

Translation please. I believe this is part of a song:

sarà...sarà...sarà qualcuno che tu amerai di più....di più....sarà il sorriso di chi ti ruba l'anima...

partizanka said:

Translation please. I believe this is part of a song:

sarà...sarà...sarà qualcuno che tu amerai di più....di più....sarà il sorriso di chi ti ruba l'anima...
    There'll be...there'll be someone that you'll love more...there'll be someone's smile that steals your soul.

I think...someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

cmyers said:

Translation please: La sofferenza in amore è un vuoto a perdere:nessuno ci può guadagnare, tranne i cantautori che ci fanno le canzoni.

partizanka said:

Translation please: La sofferenza in amore è un vuoto a perdere:nessuno ci può guadagnare, tranne i cantautori che ci fanno le canzoni.
    Suffering in love is a waste : no one can gain from it, except the ones that make songs.