Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Italian <-> English translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Italian <-> English translations

Tags: None
  1. Lady_A said:

Quote Originally Posted by cmyers View Post
    translation to english please:

E ancora cambio umore se ti penso, è un bel po' che non ti sento, ma non mi frega cosa stai facendo, dentro ho un'immagine di te
    che non parla, l'ho fatta per guardarla e non voglio rovinarla!E tengo solo il buono, come il tuo profumo, che mi ha sballato più di ogni cosa abbia bevuto o fumato!e mai nessuna foto renderà giustizia al tuo sorriso quando esplode all'improvviso sul tuo viso, lascia stare..

And my mood still changes if I think of you, it's been a while since I last talked to you, but I don't care what you're doing, I have inside an image of you that doesn't speak, I have made it to look at and I don't want to ruin it! And I hold on only to the good parts, like your perfume that got me higher than any of the things I have ever drunk or smoked! And no photo will make justice to your smile when it bursts on your face all of a sudden, [so] let it go...
    Last edited by Lady_A; 10-18-2010 at 11:15 AM.

cmyers said:

translation please to english:

Sai Quand'è che una persona ci tiene VERAMENTE a te?
    Quando non aspetta ke sia tu a cercarla. Quando x Ogni minima cosa ke succede ti kiede di kiarire. Quando fa il tipo geloso. Quando cerca in tutti i modi di farti sorridere.

3. Lady_A said:

translation please to english:

Sai Quand'è che una persona ci tiene VERAMENTE a te?
    Quando non aspetta ke sia tu a cercarla. Quando x Ogni minima cosa ke succede ti kiede di kiarire. Quando fa il tipo geloso. Quando cerca in tutti i modi di farti sorridere.
    Do you know when a person really cares for you?
    When he/she does not expect you to be the one getting in touch. When for every little thing that happens he/she asks you to make it clear. When he/she acts jealous. When he/she tries to make you smile by all means.

cmyers said:

Translation to english please for 2 phrases:

MAGG MAGNAT A NA WAGLION !
    Traduzione Simultanea : Anche se sembra palesemente chiaro , non ha niente a che fare con il cannibalismo. Vuole invece significare fondamentalemente "LIMONARE" con passione e violenza , quasi simulando l'atto del cibarsi.

Quando una storia finisce.. e poi il destino x caso vi fa rincontrare.. e ti perdi nei suoi occhi..
    e senti il cuore che ti sta scoppiando dentro.. fa tanto male..xk infondo sai che niente tornarà come prima..ma tu lo AMI ancora! . . .. . . . a facc ro cazz!
    Last edited by cmyers; 10-20-2010 at 06:10 AM.

5. Lady_A said:

Translation to english please for 2 phrases:

MAGG MAGNAT A NA WAGLION !*
    Traduzione Simultanea : Anche se sembra palesemente chiaro , non ha niente a che fare con il cannibalismo. Vuole invece significare fondamentalemente "LIMONARE" con passione e violenza , quasi simulando l'atto del cibarsi.

Quando una storia finisce.. e poi il destino x caso vi fa rincontrare.. e ti perdi nei suoi occhi..
    e senti il cuore che ti sta scoppiando dentro.. fa tanto male..xk infondo sai che niente tornarà come prima..ma tu lo AMI ancora! . . .. . . . a facc ro cazz!
    Simultaneous Translation: Even if it seems patently clear, it has nothing to do with cannibalism. Instead, its basic meaning wants to be "to kiss" with passion and violence, almost simulating the act of eating.

When a story ends .. and then fate makes you meet again .. and you get lost in his eyes ... and you feel your heart is bursting inside .. it hurts so much ... because deep down you know nothing will be like it was before...but you still love him!

* I did not translate the "red" parts!
    Last edited by Lady_A; 10-23-2010 at 01:58 AM.

cmyers said:

Thanks Lady A!

Regarding red parts are they difficult to translate or slang? I have tried to google the words and it's not giving me any translations either. .. .

7. Lady_A said:

I think it's some kind of dialect and/or slang...I do not understand them....

Ligeia said:

It should be neapolitan.
    The fist part in red means "I've eaten a girl".
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

cmyers said:

Thank you. Can you tell me what the second part in red says? I think "cazz" is a bad word but I don't know about the rest.

10. katse said:

Could you translate it for me? (:

"I intend to love you more than I used to hurt you"
    "your blood on my hands"

11. Lady_A said:

Quote Originally Posted by katse View Post
    Could you translate it for me? (:

"I intend to love you more than I used to hurt you"
    "your blood on my hands"
    "Intendo amarti più di quanto solevo ferirti"
    "il tuo sangue sulle mie mani"

12. Miina said:

Could someone translate this?

I wanna say come on .. come to Berlin and I will make you my special Chocolate

Ligeia said:

He has a girlfriend. Don't make a fool of yourself any further.
    Ha una fidanzata. Non renderti ulteriormente ridicola.

Lei non ti amerà mai se non le stai sempre fra i piedi: alle donne piace essere importunate.
    (Oscar Wilde)
    She'll never love you unless you are always at her heels; women like to be bothered.

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

cmyers said:

Translation please:

Nel corso della mia esistenza ho lasciato brandelli di cuore qui e la..
    E ormai non me ne è rimasto abbastanza per tenermi in vita, ma mi sforzo di sorridere sapendo che la mia ambizione ha superato di gran lunga il mio talento.

15. Lady_A said:

Translation please:

Nel corso della mia esistenza ho lasciato brandelli di cuore qui e la..
    E ormai non me ne è rimasto abbastanza per tenermi in vita, ma mi sforzo di sorridere sapendo che la mia ambizione ha superato di gran lunga il mio talento.

During my life I have left pieces of my heart here and there...
    And now I haven't got left enough in order to keep me alive, I force myself to smile knowing that my ambition has exceeded by a long shot my talent.

16. Lady_A said:

Quote Originally Posted by Miina View Post
    Could someone translate this?

I wanna say come on .. come to Berlin and I will make you my special Chocolate

Dai...Vieni a Berlino e ti preparerò la mia Cioccolata speciale [if you reffer to the hot drink].

cmyers said:

Translation please:

Sono fermamente convinta che se qualcuno tiene a te, ti cerca... se non lo fa è perchè non gli interessi abbastanza...

citlalli said:

Translation please:

Sono fermamente convinta che se qualcuno tiene a te, ti cerca... se non lo fa è perchè non gli interessi abbastanza...
    "I'm absolutely convinced that if someone holds onto you, he/she'll will look for you... if he/she doesn't, it's because he/she's not interested enough in you."
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

cmyers said:

Another translation please:

Ho capito che era una follia....
    Avere pensato che, fossi soltanto mia...

Ligeia said:

Ho capito che era una follia....
    Avere pensato che, fossi soltanto mia...
    Now I understand it was madness...
    to have tought that you were only mine