Solved: 2000 or 2001 car commercial

Thread: Solved: 2000 or 2001 car commercial

Tags: None
  1. Lurch said:

Thumbs up Solved: 2000 or 2001 car commercial

somewhere between 2000 and 2001, I saw 2 different car commercials for the same car. I want to say it's Pontiac Sunfire, but I couldn't find any sunfire commercials that fit what I was looking for....

The Songs:
    The first commercial had somekind of classical song that had a beat. Almost like a cross between classical and techno. It was an amazing song, but I can't say anything about it because it was sheerly instrumental.
    The second commercial had Smash Mouth 'When the Morning Comes'. I figured as long as I can find that commercial and figure out which car it is, then I can link it to the first commercial(since it's the same series of commercials). Then I'll be able to find that classical/techno song from the first commercial.

I want to give a description of the commercials, but it's hard to do because they were kind of annonymous commercials. They both had this gimmick introduction where it had a topic at the top of the screen (like 'turn ons'). Then, underneath the topic, it had different responses to the topic (like 'slow wet kisses'). It continued to scribble out the incorrect answers until it got the right one (like 'hugging curves'). Then it circled the correct answer and the commercial proceeded showing the car drive in action to the featured music.

This is probably a tough case to crack. I've definately exhausted all the resources I thought I could find. If I had known about this website, I would've come here a long time ago.

I'm intrueged to know if anyone can help me out on this one. But I would really like to find that song...
    Last edited by Lurch; 04-03-2008 at 01:05 AM.

logan01 said:

"Then The Morning Comes" was used in the Nissan Sentra "For: Independents" ad in 2000.

3. Lurch said:

That's impressive that you knew that so fast. Well done.

I still haven't found the correct Nissan commercial to varify, however, your information pointed me in the right direction and I stumbled on Rob Dougan's Clubbed to Death which looks and sounds very familiar. I'm researching the history of this song and it seems as though it's very popular and widely used. I'm ashamed I didn't know this before...

Thank you for your help.