Sto pa kai sto ksana leo...

Thread: Sto pa kai sto ksana leo...

Tags: None

MCspeedy22 said:

Question Sto pa kai sto ksana leo...

hello everyone i was just wondering if anyone knows any information about the following song. ive heard on numerous accounts that its from the Byzantine era but then they could be rumors. if anyone could please tell me who sings this song, if the song's name really is "Sto pa kai sto ksana leo", and where i could possibly find it for download, or anything interesting?

sto pa kai sto ksana leo
    sto gialo min kateveis
    ki o gialos kanei fourtouna
    kai se parei kai diaveis

ki an me parei pou me paei
    kato sta vathia nera
    kano to kormi mou varka
    kai ta xeria mou koupia
    to mandili mou panaki
    mpaino vgaino sti steria

sto pa kai sto ksana leo
    mi mou grafeis grammata
    giati grammata den ksero
    kai me pianoun klamata

~thanks in advance~
    "BEG ME and then tell me how to love YOU/like anybody else would/ I know you're risking failure/go run for cover/you better start love her so much you're moving on and on"

Ula said:

Hello, this song is by Pax Lax featuring Giorgos Dalaras. Here is the translation someone did for me. Enjoy

“Sto pa kai sto ksanalew” –
    “I told you this and I’m telling you again”

Sto ‘pa kai sto ksanalew
    I told you this and I’m telling you again
    sto gialo min kateveis
    Don’t get down to the seashore
    ki o gialos kanei fourtoyna
    And the seashore makes storms
    kai se parei kai diaveis
    And it beckons (takes) and you pass by

Ki an me parei pou me paei
    And if it beckons (takes) me to take me
    katw sta vathia near
    down to the deep water
    kanw to kormi mou varka
    I’ll make my body a ship
    ta xerakia mou koupia
    And my little hands oars
    to mantili mou panaki
    And my little scarf (handkerchief)
    mpainovgainw sti steria
    I emerge to and take off from the land

Sto ‘pa kai sto ksanalew
    I told you this and I’m telling you again
    mi mou grafeis grammata
    Do not write to me letters
    giati grammata den kserw
    Because i don’t know the literature
    kai me pianoun klamata
    and they bring me tears

P.S. I have got this song so just let me know if you want me to send it to you

Zvezda said:

Allow me to make some corrections, just to aid making sense of this song

"kai se parei kai diaveis
    And it takes you away and you leave"

"Ki an me parei pou me paei
    And if it takes me, where does it take me?"

"to mantili mou panaki
    And (turn) my handkerchief into a sail
    mpainovgainw sti steria
    come to the shore and then to the sea and back"

"giati grammata den kserw
    Because i can't read"
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

MCspeedy22 said:

thanks so much to the both of you! one thing though Ula you said the song is by Pax Lax feat. Giorgos Dalaras, not to get it confused but is it Pyx Lax? because i tried looking for it but no luck and i kinda figured it might be Pyx Lax since i know they're a Greek band...
    "BEG ME and then tell me how to love YOU/like anybody else would/ I know you're risking failure/go run for cover/you better start love her so much you're moving on and on"

Ula said:

You are welcome! Both Pyx Lax and Dalaras are Greeks. When i downloaded the full discography of Pyx Lax this song was there in the file called "Dalaras and Pyx Lax". Maybe this is originally his song....honestly i have no idea try to look for Giorgos Dalaras and if you still can't find it just let me know and i will send it to you with pleasure.

6. electron said:

Angry τto put things right

this is a traditional song, i am not sure but i think it is of minor asia origin. it's not a dalaras song. the first one i think that brought it up, was mariza kox! Yep. There are many versions, from xaris alexiou, eleftheria arvanitaki, ntalaras and pyx lax, thalassinos and many other cover versions from live concerts. Personnally, i like the pantelis thalassinos cover version of the song

MCspeedy22 said:

-electron i practically searched all the people that have covered the song that you listed and had no luck. unfortunately i used the most useless and retarded service in America, itunes. Do you, or any other people for that matter, have any suggestions as to where i can find this song? i know Limewire's a good bet but i dunno if its legal or not...

Zvezda said:

You might want to try emule as well
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

9. Teomete Hansarayli said:

Yeap...you'r right. The Turkish name of the song is " Elif Dedim be Dedim."
    It's obivous that the Greek version came out after some examinations on original version in Greek note laboratory or music factory.

Quote Originally Posted by electron View Post
    this is a traditional song, i am not sure but i think it is of minor asia origin. it's not a dalaras song. the first one i think that brought it up, was mariza kox! Yep. There are many versions, from xaris alexiou, eleftheria arvanitaki, ntalaras and pyx lax, thalassinos and many other cover versions from live concerts. Personnally, i like the pantelis thalassinos cover version of the song

10. efuua said:

Default :)

stopa kesto sana leo stoyalomin ka tevis
    stopa kesto sana leo stoyalomin ka tevis

köyoska li fırtuna kelipayi kelyapi
    köyoska li fırtuna kelipayi kelyapi

söylemiştim sana gitme gönlünün sahiline
    söylemiştim sana gitme gönlünün sahiline

seni alırsa fırtına dayanamam vurguna
    seni alırsa fırtına dayanamam yokluğuna

http://youtu.be/AOQhO3C-hC0

11. Astrosman said:

Niko mu söylüyo?

greeksc said:

if you are looking to buy greek music you might try this link www.music-bazaar.com
    It is safe and very affordable for downloading songs.

13. safe1 said:

how safe? is it a safe1 ?

P.S. How are you doing there, on the other side of the Atlantic?
    The most charming creatures on this earth. The only women who can show what they feel and, they do feel.
    Stunning feeling...to just meet them.

greeksc said:

yes lol...its a safe1...

On this side of the atlantic..ti na sou po re, olo to kosmos echei chalasei!
    Are things getting better in Greece?

15. safe1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by greeksc View Post
    yes lol...its a safe1...

On this side of the atlantic..ti na sou po re, olo to kosmos echei chalasei!
    Are things getting better in Greece?
    of course not They are getting worse ...
    The most charming creatures on this earth. The only women who can show what they feel and, they do feel.
    Stunning feeling...to just meet them.

16. Polyxena said:

Just a question about the song, not the translation, but it's about the burning down of the city of Smyrna?

Amethystos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxena View Post
    Just a question about the song, not the translation, but it's about the burning down of the city of Smyrna?
    On the net there's no source that suggests such a thing; personally I think it's a love song talking about the fears of women when their beloved ones were going to embark.
    "Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to?
    You will never find that life for which you are looking.
    When the gods created man they allotted to him death,
    but life they retained in their own keeping"

18. Polyxena said:

Quote Originally Posted by Amethystos View Post
    On the net there's no source that suggests such a thing; personally I think it's a love song talking about the fears of women when their beloved ones were going to embark.
    Yes, I know there's nothing on the Net referencing this song to Smyrna, but I know that it is, though, I don't know how I know it. I thought it was common knowledge. Maybe someone told me, but I can't remember.