"Let's Face It"

Thread: "Let's Face It"

Tags: None
  1. Debra said:

Default "Let's Face It"

Hi, my mother-in-law, an esthetician for 30+ years had a company named "Let's Face It". I am now starting out on my own after being trained by her and inheriting many of her clients. I looked into translating "Let's Face It" to French and found, " Y Faisons Face". Is this correct? I thought the word face in French was "visage"?

Can anyone shed some light? I realize that "let's face it" in English is an idiomatic expression. I didn't think the computer would give me a translation at all.

Many thanks,
    Debra

2. Debra said:

Default "y faisons face" ?

Can someone tell me how "y faisons face" translates to English? I'd really appreciate it. I didn't receive any responses to my last inquery regarding this.

Many thanks,
    Debra

3. Jeff said:

The good french translation of "let's face it" is "Faisons-y face" ("y faisons face" has no clear meaning).

Yes, "face" is french means also "visage". So for a aesthetic business, the expressions "Let's face it" and "Faisons-y face" have the same double meaning in both languages.

(however...*be aware that 'faisons-y face" may be a little bit difficult to pronounce even for some native french speaker. You have to say it slowly to be understand).

4. Jeff said:

or "Faites-y face", may be better.

"Faites-y face" is more imperative than "faisons-y" but easier to pronounce.

5. Debra said:

Thanks so much Jeff! Your response is exactly what I was hoping for. I appreciate you taking the time.

Debra