Akcent - Umbrela Ta

Thread: Akcent - Umbrela Ta

Tags: None

gossip-girl said:

Default Akcent - Umbrela Ta

So... I need help in both translating and compiling song lyrics. I'll give you what I can hear and understand, just please, correct my mistakes and complete the words

You can hear the song in here: http://www.trilulilu.ro/adabd/a2b9184e3c8390

Akcent - Umbrela Ta || Your umbrella

Si stelele-mi zambesc cand esti aici || And the stars smile to me when you are here
    Si raze ma privesc cand ma atingi || And sunbeams look at me when you touch me
    Si ploi nu ma gasesc || And rain doesn't find me
    Cand sunt langa tine || When I'm next to you
    Lumea/lume (?) mi spune ca da

???
    Ai ochii cuminti || You have ... eyes (what does "cuminti" mean?)
    Si e doar vina ta || And it's only your fault
    Ca ma pierd langa tine || That I loose myself next to you

Unu, doi, trei, si... || One, two, three, and...

Stau ca un pusti fericit sub umbrela ta || I stand like a happy kid under your umbrella
    La doar doi centimetri de inima ta || On (?) only two centimeters of your heart
    Si astept un sarut ce poate alunga || And I'm waiting for a kiss which can remove
    Nori din viata mea || Clouds from my life

Stau ca un pusti fericit sub umbrela ta
    La doar doi centimetri de inima ta
    Si astept un sarut ce poate schimba || And I'm waiting for a kiss which can change
    Toata viata mea || My whole life

Si-n vise eu ma prin de mana ta || And in dreams I hold your hand
    ... sa vreau spre inima ta
    Si orice cala leg (?) ma duce la tine
    Noaptea-mi spune si ea...

Am vazut ca plangeai din vina mea || I saw you were crying because of me (it was my fault you were crying)
    Si vreau sa stie greu lipsa ta
    Dar trece prea usor
    Cand sunt langa tine

2. Lady_A said:

Hello!
    First of all I want to ask you how did you learn Romanian....because you wrote a very good translation.
    Congratulations, and here are the clarifications:

Quote Originally Posted by gossip-girl View Post
    So... I need help in both translating and compiling song lyrics. I'll give you what I can hear and understand, just please, correct my mistakes and complete the words

Si stelele-mi zambesc cand esti aici || And the stars smile to me when you are here
    Si ploi nu ma gasesc || And rain doesn't find me
    Lumea imi spune ca da || People tell me that yes

Se vede chiar de aici ce mult va iubiti || It can be seen even from here how much you love each other
    Se mira chiar si ea, ai ochii cuminti || They (people) are surprised, you have pure eyes
    Ca ma pierd langa tine || That I lose myself next to you

cuminte (sg)/cuminti (pl) - literally means obedient, but given the context I'd translate it as "pure"

Stau ca un pusti fericit sub umbrela ta || I stand like a happy kid under your umbrella
    La doar doi centimetri de inima ta || Only two centimeters away from your heart
    Si astept un sarut ce-mi poate alunga || And I'm waiting for a kiss which can remove

Stau ca un pusti fericit sub umbrela ta
    La doar doi centimetri de inima ta
    Si astept un sarut ce-mi poate schimba || And I'm waiting for a kiss which can change

Si-n vise eu ma prind de mana ta || And in dreams I hold your hand
    Ratacesc fara sa vreau spre inima ta || I wander without wanting it towards your heart
    Si orice cale aleg ma duce la tine/ And any path I choose leads to you
    Noaptea-mi spune si ea.../ The night also tells me

Te-am vazut ca plangeai din vina mea || I saw you were crying because of me (it was my fault you were crying) - both ways
    Si vreau sa stii, e greu in lipsa ta || And I want you to know it's hard when you're not here
    Dar trece prea usor || But is goes away so easily
    Cand sunt langa tine|| When I'm next to you
    Last edited by Lady_A; 04-27-2008 at 01:10 PM.

tigress_tim said:

This is how I see/hear it If I had also mistakes...anyone is welcome to correct me

Si ploi nu ma gasesc || And rains don't find me
    Luna imi spune ca da || The moon is telling me yes

Se vede chiar de aici || It can be seen right from here
    Ce mult noi iubiti || How much we lovers
    Se mire chiar shi ea... || Even she is wondering
    Ai ochii cuminti || You have quiet eyes
    Ca ma pierd langa tine || That I loose myself next to you

La doar doi centimetri de inima ta || With only two centimeters from your heart
    Si astept un sarut ce-mi poate alunga || And I'm waiting for a kiss that can send away

La doar doi centimetri de inima ta || With only two centimeters from your heart
    Si astept un sarut ce poate schimba || And I'm waiting for a kiss that can change

Si-n vise eu ma prind de mana ta || And in dreams I get hold of your hand
    Ma duce fara sa vreau spre inima ta || It takes me without wantingit, to your heart
    Si orice cale aleg ma duce la tine || And every path I choose it takes me to you
    Noaptea-mi spune si ea...|| The nights tells me also...

Te-am vazut ca plangeai din vina mea || I saw you were crying because of me
    Si vreau sa sti e greu in lipsa ta || And I want you to know it's hard without you
    Dar trece prea usor || But it passes so easy

tigress_tim said:

Lady_A

Your translation is very different from mine...I guess we both understood different...now we confused the poor girl ....I think she knows romanian good because she is from Romania .... or not ?

gossip-girl said:

Haha, nah, I'm not romanian, I'm polish And it's hard to tell how long I've learded romanian... cause I never learned it at all. I mean, I didn't start from the basics, like normal ppl do, but from such translations like this one. The more translations, the more I knew romanian... And so it went on It causes that nowadays I can understand really a lot, but I have problems with writing or speaking.

Girls, big thanks to both of you - I don't think your translations are very different, I don't feel confused, co don't you worry. Inca o data, multumesc din toata inima!

tigress_tim said:

Okay ....Thank you too...because I really felt horrible...I tought i confused you ...but now..I'm relaxed...and your romanian is VERY GOOD ! Not many people learn romanian...only if they have personal reasons for it...and as u said it's very hard to learn.! So.... Iti doresc mult succes la invatare ....from now on too

7. Lady_A said:

tigress_tim.....are you Romanian?

Because if you are, you probably realize these lines do not make sense in Romanian:
    "Se vede chiar de aici || It can be seen right from here
    Se mire chiar shi ea... || Even she is wondering"

And I don't think either that the rest of the translation is very different.

tigress_tim said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_A View Post
    tigress_tim.....are you Romanian?

Because if you are, you probably realize these lines do not make sense in Romanian:
    "Se vede chiar de aici || It can be seen right from here
    Se mire chiar shi ea... || Even she is wondering"

And I don't think either that the rest of the translation is very different.
    Yes I am from Romanian...and don't tell me you haven't heard any sons that 'says' about things that 'dont have any meaning' ??
    I hear them every day on the radio..tv..everywhere....they make my head explode....

gossip-girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by tigress_tim View Post
    Not many people learn romanian...only if they have personal reasons for it...and as u said it's very hard to learn.! So.... Iti doresc mult succes la invatare ....from now on too
    I started learing it because I liked romanian songs... But now, yeah, I may do it for personal reasons, I'm, let's say, "working" with a lot of romanian ppl and I just have to understand it
    It's not VERY hard to learn... Maybe because the grammar is simmilar to polish one.

Thanks for your wishes!

tigress_tim said:

I started learing it because I liked romanian songs... But now, yeah, I may do it for personal reasons, I'm, let's say, "working" with a lot of romanian ppl and I just have to understand it
    It's not VERY hard to learn... Maybe because the grammar is simmilar to polish one.

Thanks for your wishes!
    Okay then ! Well..if u have 'personal' reasons also...then it's much more easy I know...from own experience...how hard it is to learn a language that u are just forced o learn...not because of someone in particular...or that u want it...u`r just obliged to fo it..

Take care !!!