Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 166

Thread: Die Prinzen

  1. #21
    Moderator Steena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked 575 Times in 471 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Aram View Post
    ... Just that in English I can't think when you would say you were 'sold'. He's obviously been betrayed by the girl in the song so that's why I asked if verkauft meant 'sold out'
    The word "verkauft" is "sold out" in English, that is right but in this context the decieved/betrayed aspect of the situation is what he means
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

  2. #22
    Senior Member Tahira's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Thanks
    292
    Thanked 378 Times in 323 Posts

    .....ooops, das wäre mit Brille nicht passiert....! :-)

    Thank you Steena for having a look over it, too !!!

    Tahira

  3. #23
    Member Aram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Küssen verboten

    Thanks to both of you!!

    While I'm on a roll, please can someone check out my translation of Küssen verboten?

    Küssen verboten
    Kissing Forbidden

    Du willst mich haben
    You want to have me
    denn du findest mich schön
    because you find me lovely
    ich muß sagen
    I must say
    das kann ich gut verstehn
    that can I well understand
    Du machst Geschenke
    You give me presents
    und wäschst bei mir ab
    & wash up at my place
    Und ich denke
    & I think
    daß ich's gut bei dir hab
    that I have it good with you
    Doch da gibt es eine Sache,
    But there is one thing
    die ich gar nicht leiden kann,
    that I cannot allow at all
    kommen deine feuchten Lippen
    when your moist lips come
    zu nah an mich ran.
    too near to me

    Küssen verboten, Küssen verboten
    Kissing forbidden, kissing forbidden
    Küssen verboten, Streng verboten
    Kissing forbidden, strictly forbidden
    Keiner, der mich je gesehn hat,
    Noone that has seen me
    hätte das geglaubt
    has believed that
    Küssen ist bei mir nicht erlaubt.
    Kissing is not allowed with me

    Schon in der Schule
    Already in school
    ich war sieben Jahre alt
    (when) I was 7 years old
    Da war die Jule
    there was Julia
    in mich total verknallt
    who totally fell for me
    Ging ich nach Hause
    I went home
    kam sie hinter mir her
    she came behind me
    Und in der Pause
    & in the pause (1)why is there a pause? Is it say a break in the conversation they might have had
    wollte sie noch viel mehr.
    she still wanted much more
    Sie dachte, daß sie mich
    she thought that she
    mit Käsebrötchen kaufen kann
    could buy me with cheesebread
    und dann kamen ihre
    & then came her
    feuchten Lippen an mich ran.
    moist lips up to me

    Küssen verboten, Küssen verboten
    Küssen verboten, Streng verboten
    Keiner, der mich je gesehn hat,
    hätte das geglaubt
    Küssen ist bei mir nicht erlaubt.

    Und letzte Nacht im Traum
    & last night in a dream
    Tobias kam zur Tür herein
    Tobias came in the door
    Ich sah große feuchte Lippen
    I saw big moist lips
    Und ich konnte nur noch schrein
    & I could only scream
    AAAHHHH

    Küssen verboten, Küssen verboten
    Küssen verboten, Streng verboten
    Keiner, der mich je gesehn hat,
    hätte das geglaubt
    Küssen ist bei mir nicht erlaubt.
    Last edited by Aram; 05-24-2008 at 06:38 AM. Reason: bold should be on German song title not English

  4. #24
    Moderator Steena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked 575 Times in 471 Posts

    Und in der Pause
    & in the pause (1)why is there a pause? Is it say a break in the conversation they might have had


    He means a school break referring to the Julia matter who fell for him when he was still very young and at school.. she followed him home and in the (school) break she even wanted more
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

  5. #25
    Member Aram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Gut Im Bett

    Thanks Steena, that makes sense now!

    The next song has a very cool INXS type sound. (I think it's more suggestive than rude or anything, so I hope it's an okay one to post.) Again if anyone gets a chance to check out my translation that would be great

    Gut Im Bett
    Good In Bed

    Du und ich
    You & I
    wir sind wie Dynamit
    we are like dynamite
    Mit den anderen an der Bar
    With the others at the bar
    Sind wir wirklich furchtbar
    we're really terrible
    Du streitest dich gern
    You like to argue
    wenn unbeteiligte zuhören
    when listening disinterestedly
    wir sind laut und peinlich
    we're loud & painful
    und entschuldigen uns eilig
    & excuse us hurried (1) (1) in a hurry to leave & go home, or just the way they talk?

    Doch wird sind gut im Bett
    But we're good in bed
    Leider nirgendwo sonst
    Sadly nowhere else
    Ich bin nicht überrascht
    I'm not surprised
    Wenn du schon wieder kommst
    When you c**e again
    Acht mal am Tag
    8 times a day
    Das ist mir wirklich zu fett
    That's really too wicked(2) for me (2) one dictionary I looked at said fett could mean wicked (=toll) so I'm guessing that's the right meaning here?
    Wir sind gut im Bett
    We are good in bed
    Lieder nirgendwo sonst
    Wir geh'n ins Bett
    We go to bed

    Morgens zum Frühstück
    In the morning for breakfast
    will ich ne Kleinigkeit essen
    I only want to eat a little
    du setzt dich auf meinen Schoß
    you sit on my lap
    ich kann das Frühstück vergessen
    I can forget breakfast
    Dann berührst du mein Bein
    Then you touch my leg
    und fragst: "Wann musst du denn da sein?"
    & ask 'When must you be there'
    Ich weiß, was du meinst
    I know what you mean
    und sag: "wie gemein"
    & say 'how vulgar'

    Wir sind gut im Bett...

    Besser gut im Bett
    Better good in bed
    und überall schlecht,
    & everywhere bad,
    als überall schlecht
    than everywhere bad
    und schlecht im Bett
    & bad in bed
    Aber besser so rum, als andersrum
    But better that way round, than the other way round

  6. #26
    Senior Member Cosmonaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 141 Times in 90 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Aram View Post

    Du streitest dich gern
    You like to argue
    wenn unbeteiligte zuhören >> That actually means when people are listening who are not part of your conversation. Nearby people who happen to overhear your argument.
    when listening disinterestedly
    wir sind laut und peinlich
    we're loud & painful >> painful might be misunderstood here, as it, the way I know it, is not really used in this context. embarassing might be more adequate.
    und entschuldigen uns eilig
    & excuse us hurried (1) (1) in a hurry to leave & go home, or just the way they talk? >> the first one is right but it should be hurriedLY.



    Das ist mir wirklich zu fett
    That's really too wicked(2) for me (2) one dictionary I looked at said fett could mean wicked (=toll) so I'm guessing that's the right meaning here? >> Yea, I think that's how people say it here, occasionally. I personally don't, so no guarantee here.


    The rest, as I see it, is just right. Would definitely be understood just fine.

  7. #27
    Member Aram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi Cosmonaut. Have taken all your corrections on board. Many thanks! Aram

  8. #28
    Member Aram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Mann im Mond

    Another little song that I've had a go at. I'm sure it's not difficult but there's a couple of lines I'd really appreciate knowing if I've got right...?

    Mann im Mond
    Man in the moon

    Jeden Abend knipst der Mann im Mond sein Licht an
    Every night the man in the moon turns his light on
    Damit man auf der Erde auch was sieht
    So that a person on earth can see something
    Was man, wenn er es nicht anknipst, nicht kann
    Something that, when he doesn't turn it on, one can't
    Doch dann säh' er auch nicht was hier so geschieht
    But then he can't see what's happening here either
    Und oft guckt der Mann herunter zu uns beiden
    & often the man looks down at the both of us
    Denn du interessierst ihn wirklich sehr
    Because you really interest him
    Und dann sieht er, wenn wir schmusen oder streiten
    & then he sees if we're cuddling or argueing
    Doch wahrscheinlich streiten wir uns mehr
    But probably we're argueing more
    Und wenn's ganz schlimm kommt,
    & when it gets really bad
    Dann steigst du in dein Raumschiff und es fliegt
    You get in your spaceship & it flies
    Zum Mann im Mond
    To the man in the moon
    Der endlich, was er schon so lang' will, kriegt
    Who finally gets what he wanted for so long

    Manchmal wird der Mann im Mond
    Sometimes is the man in the moon
    Für seinen treuen Dienst belohnt
    For his loyal service rewarded
    Und wenn du ihn ganz lieb anschaust
    & if you look at him really fondly
    Dann holt er die Laterne raus
    Then he gets his lantern out

    Am Himmel wohnt
    In the sky lives
    Der Mann im Mond
    The man in the moon
    Und sicherlich ist er verliebt...
    & certainly he is (1)amorous... (1)verliebt can also mean in love so is this the right one?

    Und bist du dann beim Mann im Mond dort oben
    & you are then up there with the man in the moon
    Dann macht er alles Mögliche mit dir
    Then he makes everything possible with you
    Sogar hier unten hört man euch dann toben
    In fact down here one hears you then rolling about
    Und natürlich tobt es auch in mir
    & naturally I (2)roll about too (2) is this right for es tobt in mir?
    Doch schon am nächsten Morgen
    But already the next morning
    Hast du von dem Mann im Mond genug
    You've had enough of the man in the moon
    Du setzt dich in dein Raumschiff
    You sit in your spaceship
    Und er wünscht dir guten Flug
    & he wishes you a good flight

    Manchmal wird der Mann im Mond
    Für seinen treuen Dienst belohnt
    Und wenn du ihn ganz lieb anschaust
    Dann holt er die Laterne raus

  9. #29
    Senior Member Cosmonaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 141 Times in 90 Posts

    Hey

    Quote Originally Posted by Aram View Post
    Doch dann säh' er auch nicht was hier so geschieht
    But then he can't see what's happening here either >> I'd replace can't with couldn't here due to the 'sähe'.

    Manchmal wird der Mann im Mond
    Sometimes is the man in the moon >> It's the correct translation, however, the English word order is messed up. It should read: Sometimes the man in the moon is rewarded for his loyal service(s)
    Für seinen treuen Dienst belohnt
    For his loyal service rewarded

    Am Himmel wohnt
    In the sky lives
    Der Mann im Mond
    The man in the moon
    Und sicherlich ist er verliebt...
    & certainly he is (1)amorous... (1)verliebt can also mean in love so is this the right one?
    >> Yea, he's in love. Verliebt is used to mean 'in love' 99% of the time.


    Dann macht er alles Mögliche mit dir
    Then he makes everything possible with you >> That's a messed up translation because what he does is sort of like "everything one can think of" and not "everything possible" (Have you looked up the words in a dictionary? I don't see how you'd have come up with it otherwise - no offense, of course)
    Sogar hier unten hört man euch dann toben
    In fact down here one hears you then rolling about >> The use of toben here is actually quite cool, as it means 2 different things in each line. The prior one means something like they're moving around quickly (probably whilst being enganged in sexual activities) and the latter means something like he is 'raging'.
    Und natürlich tobt es auch in mir
    & naturally I (2)roll about too (2) is this right for es tobt in mir?
    I hope it helped. If any questions remain, don't hesitate to ask. By the way, how frequently do you use a dictionary to translate such lyrics? Some lines do not sound particularly 'poetical' but they definitely have the same meaning, it simply doesn't quite sound as good.

    C.

  10. #30
    Member Aram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks again Cosmonaut
    Yes of course you helped. And yes I use dictionaries a lot as I am a beginner in German. But with the 'alles Mögliche' line I didn't because I thought I knew what each word meant. I didn't know that it was a phrase & now that you have pointed it out I've checked it out & see that as well as 'all that is possible' which is the more literal translation which I took it as, it can also mean 'everything imaginable' or 'all sorts of things' That's why this forum's so great since when German speakers are kind enough to look at my translations they are bound see things that are too literal & not as you say, poetic enough
    Cheers,
    Aram

  11. #31
    Member Aram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Überall

    Hi & here's another one...

    Überall
    Everywhere

    Wie leuchten im Dunkeln,
    We glow in the dark
    doch du hast uns noch nicht erkannt.
    but you don't yet recognise us

    Uns schickte der Himmel,
    The sky sends us
    vielleicht sind wir mit dir verwandt.
    perhaps we're related to you

    Wir kommen von den Sternen
    We come from the stars
    um dir ganz nah zu sein.
    to be really near to you
    Wir woll'n dich kennenlernen -
    We want to meet you
    Du bist nicht allein!
    You are not alone!

    Wir sind überall!
    We are everywhere
    Im Stadtpark und in Chefetagen
    In the municipal park & on executive floors
    Wir sind überall!
    Im Hochhaus und in Tiefgaragen -
    In the high-rise building & in basement carparks
    Wir sind überall!

    Wie suchen dein Lächeln,
    We look for your smile
    weil es uns viel von dir verrät.
    because it reveals much of you to us
    Dann siehst du so schön aus,
    Then you look so lovely
    genauso schön wie dein Planet.
    just as lovely as your planet

    Und schickt die Raumzentrale,
    & space central sends
    um dich jetzt einzuweih'n
    you now to be inducted
    Der Kosmos gibt Signale.
    The cosmos gives signals
    Du bist nicht allein!

    Wir sind überall!
    Im Taxi und in Bankfilialen -
    in the taxi & in bank branches
    Wir sind überall!
    Im Kaufhaus und in Werkzeughallen!
    In the department store & in (1)tool shops (1) is there a better translation for Werkzeughallen?
    Wir sind überall!

    Und schickt die Raumzentrale,
    um dich jetzt einzuweih'n
    Der Kosmos gibt Signale.
    Du bist nicht allein!

    Wir sind überall!
    Im Rathaus ind im Kindergarten -
    in the town hall & in the kindergarden
    Wir sind überall!
    Im Zoo und auf Visitenkarten
    in the zoo & on business cards
    Wir sind überall!
    Im Kino und auf Klassenfahrten!
    In the cinema & on class trips

    Wir sind überall!
    Im Radio in deinem Zimmer
    in the radio in your room
    Wir sind überall!
    Glaub an uns denn wir sind immer überall!
    Believe in us then we are always everywhere

  12. #32
    Senior Member Cosmonaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 141 Times in 90 Posts

    Heya luv,

    Quote Originally Posted by Aram View Post

    Wie leuchten im Dunkeln,
    We glow in the dark >> Uhm, is it really 'Wie' or 'Wir'?. Wie would be how we glow in the dark, wir would be what you wrote. How we glow in the dark, however, makes little to no sense with the next line.
    doch du hast uns noch nicht erkannt.
    but you don't yet recognise us >> but you haven't recognised us yet. "doch du erkennst uns nicht" is what you wrote.

    Uns schickte der Himmel,
    The sky sends us >> The sky or heaven /sent/ us. (schickt would be present)



    Wir woll'n dich kennenlernen -
    We want to meet you >> It's pretty much the same thing, but I'd rather say "get to know you"



    Und schickt die Raumzentrale,
    & space central sends >> That's a strange line as well, as if the word was actually supposed to be different. "Uns schickt die Raumzentrale" would look better to my eye. The space station / central sends us! --- If it, for whatever reason, really is "Und" yours is just fine.
    um dich jetzt einzuweih'n
    you now to be inducted >> to be inducted, if they really mean that kind of 'einweihen' as you can also, for instance, be "eingeweiht" in a secret (let in on something). I'm not a hundred percent certain myself.



    Im Kaufhaus und in Werkzeughallen!
    In the department store & in (1)tool shops (1) is there a better translation for Werkzeughallen? >> Heh, I didn't even know there was a word like that. The dictionary (Duden) doesn't have it listed, either. But I assume it doesn't have much to do with shops selling tools. It's more like a hall in which machine / equipment maintenance is done. (If another German knows the word and its meaning, feel free to enlighten the both of us)



    Glaub an uns denn wir sind immer überall!
    Believe in us then we are always everywhere >> You ought to replace "then" with "because". If it would be "Glaub an uns, dAnn sind wir immer überall" your translation would be correct. Now, however, it's "denn" which equals because.
    Good job actually. The faulty lyrics clearly aren't your fault. I checked google and actually couldn't find one that varied from what you posted, which is kind of weird. I hope I was not mistaken in assuming that some sentences had wrong / misspelt words in them. You really are industrious. Keep them coming.

    Btw, just read the old posts in this thread and your "Where are you from"-reply sounds interesting. How old are you if I may ask? (Apologies if you've already said that somewhere and I've just overlooked it)

    best regards,-
    C.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Tahira's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Thanks
    292
    Thanked 378 Times in 323 Posts

    Hi everyvody,

    what about "garages" for Werkzeughallen?

    Sunny greetings
    Tahira

  14. #34
    Member Aram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Mein Portemonnaie

    Thanks again Cosmonaut & of course Tahira!
    As to my age, well between us there are some hills younger than me. But for the sake of this forum I'm happy to have the illusion of being young & hip
    So here's another one. Comments as always, most welcome...

    Mein Portemonnaie
    My Wallet

    Wir haben uns ganz kurz nur angesehen
    We'd only seen each other for a short time
    du wolltest auch gleich mit mir tanzen gehen,
    you also immediately wanted to go dancing with me
    ich fand dich auch auf Anhieb furchtbar nett,
    I also found you straight away terribly nice
    denn du faßtest mir gleich unter mein Jackett.
    Because you grabbed me right under my jacket
    Doch das hätte ich dir niemals zugetraut:
    But I never would have imagined
    du hast mir mein Portemonnaie geklaut
    that you could have stolen my wallet
    Ich fand dich so bezaubernd
    I found you so enticing
    und überhaupt nicht dumm,
    & anyway not dumb
    mein schwerer Kopf am Morgen
    my heavy head in the morning
    sagt mir auch warum.
    also asked me why

    Wie konnte mich ein Mädchen so verwirren,
    How could a girl confuse me so much
    wie konnte ich mich nur so schrecklich irren?
    How could I be so terribly mistaken?
    Jetzt hast du mein Scheckbuch
    Now you have my chequebook
    und den Personalausweis,
    & ID card
    und ich die Rennerei zur Polizei - so ein Scheiß!
    & I go running to the police – such a s**t!

    Es klingelt an der Tür und mir ist klar:
    The door rings & to me it's clear
    das ist der Kriminalkommissar,
    that it's the detective superintendent
    ich mache auf - und ich fasse es nicht:
    I open the door - & I can't believe it
    da stehst ja du mit lächelndem Gesicht
    there you stand with a smiling face
    Das hätte ich niemals von dir gedacht:
    I never would have thought that
    du hast mein Portemonnaie zurückgebracht.
    you brought my wallet back
    Und ich find' dich so bezaubernd
    & I find you so enticing
    und überhaupt so toll,
    & anyway so great
    du sagst, ich hätte es verloren, denn ich war voll.
    you said I lost it because I was drunk

    Wie konnte mich ein Mädchen so verwirren,
    wie konnte ich mich nur so schrecklich irren?
    Jetzt bringst du meinen Ausweis
    Now you bring my ID card
    und mein Scheckbuch ebenfalls,
    & likewise my chequebook
    und ich sag': "Verzeih'!", und fall' dir um den Hals.
    & I say sorry, & fling my arms around your neck

  15. #35
    Senior Member Tahira's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Thanks
    292
    Thanked 378 Times in 323 Posts

    I think it´s again very good


    Bye-bye Tahira

  16. #36
    Member Aram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Wenn du weinst

    Cheers Tahira!

    Well here's my stab at another one...

    Wenn du weinst
    When You Cry

    Du sagtest ich will mehr
    You said I want more
    Ich sagte bitte sehr
    I said excuse me
    Wir waren sehr erregt
    We were very excited
    Haben schnell aufgelegt
    Hung up quickly
    Was heißt das schon
    What does that mean
    Du sagst:,, Das geht doch nicht am Telefon"
    (When) you say ....it's impossible on the telephone
    Und jetzt sitzt du einsam rum und fragst dich warum
    And now you simply sit around and ask yourself why
    Ausgerechnet ich das hab ich doch nicht so gemeint es tut mir so leid du hast geweint
    I of all people didn't mean it like that, I'm so sorry you cried

    Refrain:
    Und wenn du weinst dann bin ich verloren
    And when you cry then I am lost
    Dann ist alles längst zu spät
    Then everything is much too late
    Denn du weinst,weil du spürst,dass es auseinander geht
    Because you cry, because you feel that it's breaking up
    Wenn du weinst dann fühl ich mich so hilflos
    when you cry then I feel so helpless
    Weil ich dich nicht trösten kann
    Because I can't comfort you
    Denn wenn du weinst hat's schon viel zu lange weh getan.
    Because when you cry it's already hurt for much too long

    Es gibt kein zurück du findest dein Glück nicht bei mir
    There's no going back, you won't find your happiness with me
    Ich bleib nicht mehr bei dir
    I'm not staying with you anymore
    Weil ich durchdreh weil ich das nicht länger durchsteh
    Because I'm cracking up, because I no longer can stand it
    Ich muss weg alles andere hat keinen Zweck
    I must go away, everything else is pointless
    Sei doch froh die Dinge sind oft nich so wie sie scheinen
    Be happy that things are often not as they appear
    Doch hör jetzt bitte auf zu weinen
    But please stop crying now

    Refrain:
    Denn wenn du weinst dann bin ich verloren
    Because when you cry....
    Dann ist alles längst zu spät
    Denn wenn du weinst,weil du spürst, dass es auseinander geht
    Wenn du weinst dann fühl ich mich so hilflos
    Weil ich dich nicht trösten kann
    Denn wenn du weinst hat's schon viel zu lange weh getan

    Wir werden uns wiedersehen
    We're going to say goodbye to each other
    Das weißt du ganz genau
    That you absolutley know
    Wir werden uns gegenüber stehen
    We're going to face each other
    Und in die Augen schauen
    And look into each others' eyes
    Mit zitternen Händen es wird in Tränen enden
    (Then) with trembling hands, the tears will stop

    Refrain:
    Und wenn du weinst dann bin ich verloren ...
    And when you cry...

    Wenn wir weinen dann sind wir verloren
    when we cry then we are lost
    Wenn wir weinen dann tut das so weh
    when we cry then that hurts so much
    Wenn wir weinen dann sind wir so hilflos
    when we cry then we're so helpless
    Wenn wir weinen dann tut das so weh

  17. #37
    Moderator Steena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked 575 Times in 471 Posts

    Ich sagte bitte sehr
    I said excuse me


    -> it's better to write "I said here you are"
    "excuse me" is more "wie bitte?" than "bitte sehr"

    Wir werden uns wiedersehen
    We're going to say goodbye to each other


    -> we will see each other again

    Das weißt du ganz genau
    That you absolutley know


    -> you know that for sure

    Mit zitternen Händen es wird in Tränen enden
    (Then) with trembling hands, the tears will stop


    -> it will end in tears
    "the tears will stop" is "die Tränen werden enden"
    but the point here is "es (the meeting) wird in Tränen enden" meaning that something ends up in something else

    The rest seems very good to me, well done!
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

  18. #38
    Member Aram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Junimond

    Thanks a lot Steena!

    The following song I think they covered rather than wrote themselves. The title Junimond I guess translates as June Moon. Is that the girl's name or does it relate to the time of year?

    Junimond

    Die Welt schaut rauf zu meinem Fenster
    The world looks up to my window
    Mit müden Augen, ganz staubig und scheu
    With tired eyes, really dusty & shy
    Ich bin hier oben auf meiner Wolke
    I am up here on my cloud
    Ich seh dich kommen
    I see you coming
    Aber du gehst vorbei
    But you go by

    Doch jetzt tut’s nicht mehr weh
    But now it doesn't hurt anymore
    Nee, jetzt tut’s nicht mehr weh
    No, now it doesn't hurt anymore
    Und alles bleibt stumm
    And everything remains quiet
    Und kein Sturm kommt auf
    And no storm springs up
    Wenn ich dich seh
    When I see you

    Es ist vorbei, bye-bye Junimond
    It is past, bye bye Junimond
    Es ist vorbei, es ist vorbei, bye-bye
    It is past, it is past, bye bye

    Zweitausend Stunden hab ich gewartet
    2,000 hours have I waited
    Ich hab sie alle gezählt und verflucht
    I have counted & cursed them all
    Ich hab getrunken, geraucht und gebetet
    I have drunk, smoked & prayed
    Hab dich flussauf- und flussabwärts gesucht
    I have searched upriver & downriver for you

    Doch jetzt tut’s nicht mehr weh
    Nee, jetzt tut’s nicht mehr weh
    Und alles bleibt stumm
    Und kein Sturm kommt auf
    Wenn ich dich seh

    Es ist vorbei, bye-bye Junimond
    Es ist vorbei, es ist vorbei, bye-bye

    Es ist vorbei, bye-bye Junimond
    Es ist vorbei, es ist vorbei, bye-bye

    Es ist vorbei, bye-bye Junimond
    Es ist vorbei, es ist vorbei, bye-bye

  19. #39
    Moderator Steena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked 575 Times in 471 Posts

    Hi Aram

    Quote Originally Posted by Aram View Post
    The following song I think they covered rather than wrote themselves. The title Junimond I guess translates as June Moon. Is that the girl's name or does it relate to the time of year?
    You're right, it's Rio Reiser's song and has been covered by several artists over the last years. But it's not an expression for a name, just a word he made up I think.

    I could not find any bigger mistake in your translation
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

  20. #40
    Member Aram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Mein Hund ist schwul

    Thanks again Steena!

    This next song, although certainly tasteless & rather odd, is linguistically interesting & I'm hoping is a little too silly to offend anyone, except possibly a canine. But I asked my 3 dogs & they didn't seem to care, so I'll trust their judgement...

    Mein Hund ist schwul
    My dog is gay

    Hasso - Hasso - Hasso - Hasso

    Mein Hund ist schwul, die dumme Sau
    My dog is gay, the stupid pig
    er macht nicht kläff, er macht nur wau
    He doesn't yap, he only goes woof
    er isst und trinkt, er wäscht und schminkt
    He eats & drinks, he washes & puts on make-up
    sich nur aus Puderdöschen,
    only out of his powder dose
    trägt rosa Spitzenhöschen
    He wears pink lace panties

    Er schmust und leckt und macht so Sachen
    He cuddles & licks & does such things
    die echt nur schwule Hunde machen
    that only a typically gay dog would do
    er pinkelt niemals auf die Strasse
    He never p**s on the street
    ich roch noch die des Hundes Gase
    I still smell the dog's gas
    ich sah noch die des Hundes Stuhl
    I still see the dog's st**l
    es tut mir leid - mein Hund ist schwul
    I'm sorry, my dog is gay

    Mein Hund ist schwul, die dumme Sau
    er macht nicht kläff, er macht nur wau
    er ist als Pudel ein Ästhet
    He is as a poodle into aesthetics
    dem öfter mal die Nudel steht
    Now & then the 'noodle' stands
    was meistens nur im Rudel geht
    as only mostly goes on in a pack (of hounds)

    Etwas and'res als ein Rüde
    Anything other than a (male) dog
    kommt bei ihm nicht vor die Tüte
    he does not let in
    manchmal lädt er seinen Freund ein
    he sometimes invites his friend
    am liebsten würden sie zu neunt sein
    likes it most when there are nine
    die Hütte ist ein Sündenpfuhl
    the kennel is a den of iniquity
    es tut mir leid - mein Hund ist schwul

    Mein Hund ist schwul, die dumme Sau
    er macht nicht kläff, er macht nur wau
    an schlechten Tagen dacht' ich schon
    On the bad days I have already thought
    am öffentliche Kastration
    of public castration
    but I can't get no satisfaction

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions