Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Tags: None

RebekaB said:

Skembaćemo is like "catch and show him who's the boss" LooL

In this contest you can translate "We'll catch that..."

Is that Petar Kočić's "Jazavac pred sudom" ?

Måneblomst said:

I found these pictures, and I was wondering what does the text mean

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6787/cujodaklvl0.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5699/2qa8sar.png
    (I understand: always is hearth far away is so I guess it's something like always in my hearth even if I'm far away? )

and also: how do say "I'm out for summer break"

thanks
    Twój świat kręci się wokół mnie
    En pige danser i flammernes skær
    Måneblomst hun danser som den varme vind og ulvene hyler i nat ★

pthalo said:

haha, hvala ti puno, Rebeka No it's not, it's from an online game.

@maneblomst: ćuj, odakle sam? is like "wait, i'm from where?"

"sve što je srcu drago daleko je." means "everything that is dear to the heart is far away"

as for your third question, i know break is praznik but i'll let someone else put it into a sentence
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

miki444 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Måneblomst View Post
    I found these pictures, and I was wondering what does the text mean

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6787/cujodaklvl0.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5699/2qa8sar.png
    (I understand: always is hearth far away is so I guess it's something like always in my hearth even if I'm far away? )

and also: how do say "I'm out for summer break"

thanks
    "listen where am i from !?"
    this is a picture of the "stari most" in mostar
    i assume it's a wordplay, it could be a question but also that you are supposed to listen (to the river) to find out where the person is from.

literally it is: "all what is heart dear far is." so "everything that is dear to my heart is far away".

i'm not quite sure what you mean with "i'm out for", is the same like "I'm on summer vacation" ? in that case it would be "ja sam na ljetnom odmoru" or more common is "ja sam na godisnjem odmoru"
    Last edited by miki444; 07-05-2009 at 05:41 AM.

pthalo said:

"out for" means "out of school" (not in school).

što se tiče "ćuj odakle sam", ja vidim deo ženskog tela na toj slici
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

6. ina said:

Oooooooo, dobrodošla!
    Gde iskopa te izraze?!!! Te reči se više izmišljaju jer zvuče lepo, sočno - "skembaću te!" Verovatno "srediću ja tebe..." Možda ima veze sa škembićima, napraviću škempiće od tebe

miki444 said:

Quote Originally Posted by pthalo View Post

što se tiče "ćuj odakle sam", ja vidim deo ženskog tela na toj slici
    mastovita si
    ja vidim samo stari most, ma koliko god se trudio

pthalo said:

@ina: ćao! hvala! vratila sam se te škembiće izgledaju ukusno. njami!

@miki:

Spring said:

hahahaha

I am almost sure that ćuj, odakle sam? means something like "What do ya mean where I'm from?! (isn't it obvious?)" - said by a person wearing the bridge sign on his T-shirt (believing that everyone should recognize the famous bridge and reckon where he is from without asking

After catching skembici, I am also not sure anymore what skembati means haha (jedan recnik na koji sam nabasala kaze = uhapsiti = to arrest)
    Probably the definition was given by someone who heard a sentence like "skembacu te u zatvor na 20 godina" and automatically assumed it means "I will arrest you for a 20 years prison sentence"

Anyways... in my own personal dictionary, skembati means "to put in a safe place/hide" - gde li sam ga skembala ni sama ne znam? = where did I hide it? I don't even know myself

Quote Originally Posted by Måneblomst View Post
    how do say "I'm out for summer break"
    "na godisnjem sam" (e.g. a title on your Facebook while you're gone)
    or
    "odoh na godisnji!" - a thing you might try telling your boss with an angry tone of voice when you're fed up with everything
    And when you want to pretend you are already gone "otisla sam na godisnji!!!"

And something else..

godisnji (odmor) = vacation (in general - not necessarily in the summer)
    summer (winter) vacation = letnji (zimski) raspust
    summer holiday = letovanje
    summer break (in school) = raspust

"I'm out for summer break" - "na raspustu sam"

pthalo said:

izgleda da ovde samo ja imam mozak kao dečak sa 13 godine

@skembati:

zanimljivo, Spring hvala.

Da li je škembati ili skembati?

Spring said:

trinaestogodisnji decak would sound better pthalo LOL

but.. of course, there are some slang words which are too old or too new and takes me a while to figure out their meaning as well

It is NOT with š like škembići but with s

pthalo said:

trinaestogodisnji dečak, ok. hvala. (seven syllables just to say how old someone is! *g*) what does "dečak sa 13 godina" mean?

Spring said:

trinaestogodisnji dečak, ok. hvala. (seven syllables just to say how old someone is! *g*) what does "dečak sa 13 godina" mean?
    a boy with 13 years

but you can also say it like that - it's not incorrect but puts bigger accent on the fact that he has 13 years behind him
    or
    dete od 13 godina
    dete u uzrastu od 13 godina

That said.. we don't use decak or devojcica in such sentences.
    e.g. izgleda da ovde samo ja imam mozak kao dete od 13 godina
    but it's more likely I'd say - izgleda da ovde samo ja imam pileci mozak (Seems I'm the only idiot here)
    pileci mozak literally: chicken brain

pthalo said:

aha, hvala. koristila sam reč "dečak" pošto je stereotipičniji da dečak ima "gutter brain" (kao što kažemo na engleskom... ja vidim žensko telo gde svi osim mene vide samo stari most, haha) pileći mozak je gutter brain?

Spring said:

if gutter brain means the same as "(swiss) cheese brain" than yes
    But I don't think it's the same..

pthalo said:

ne, mislim da pileći mozak je kada je neko malo glupav. gutter brain je kad misliš da je nešto dvomisleno, čak i kad nije, ili da jeste i dvomisleno odmah misliš na seksualnu interpretaciju. gutter je odvodni jarak duž puta. kad imaš gutter brain, misli ti su tamo negde dole kao u onom vicu:

Psiholog uradi Roršahov test (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test) sa pacijentom.

Lekar: šta je to na slici?
    Pacient: seks!
    Lekar: hmm. a na ovoj slici?
    Lekar: hmm. a šta je na ovoj trećoj slici?
    Lekar: pa očigledano je šta vam je problem. Vi ste seksmanijak!
    Pacient: Ja? Pa Vi ste crtali ove nepristojne slike, ne ja!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gutter

Spring said:

have one's mind in the gutter <== that's what I had in mind when I said that it's not the same as "pileci mozak" but I still made a mess with my pileci mozak so ... we can still conclude that only my brain is like cheese today
    And to try and unmess the mess:

to be an idiot = imati pileci mozak
    to have gutter brain = biti (seksualno) 'opterecen'

pthalo said:

haha ok

hvala za nove izraze

Måneblomst said:

Cool

@maneblomst: ćuj, odakle sam? is like "wait, i'm from where?"

"sve što je srcu drago daleko je." means "everything that is dear to the heart is far away"

as for your third question, i know break is praznik but i'll let someone else put it into a sentence
    Quote Originally Posted by miki444 View Post
    "listen where am i from !?"
    this is a picture of the "stari most" in mostar
    i assume it's a wordplay, it could be a question but also that you are supposed to listen (to the river) to find out where the person is from.

literally it is: "all what is heart dear far is." so "everything that is dear to my heart is far away".

i'm not quite sure what you mean with "i'm out for", is the same like "I'm on summer vacation" ? in that case it would be "ja sam na ljetnom odmoru" or more common is "ja sam na godisnjem odmoru"

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    hahahaha

I am almost sure that ćuj, odakle sam? means something like "What do ya mean where I'm from?! (isn't it obvious?)" - said by a person wearing the bridge sign on his T-shirt (believing that everyone should recognize the famous bridge and reckon where he is from without asking

"na godisnjem sam" (e.g. a title on your Facebook while you're gone)
    or
    "odoh na godisnji!" - a thing you might try telling your boss with an angry tone of voice when you're fed up with everything
    And when you want to pretend you are already gone "otisla sam na godisnji!!!"

And something else..

godisnji (odmor) = vacation (in general - not necessarily in the summer)
    summer (winter) vacation = letnji (zimski) raspust
    summer holiday = letovanje
    summer break (in school) = raspust

"I'm out for summer break" - "na raspustu sam"

Hvala puno to all of you, that's really kind
    I love that bridge btw
    Twój świat kręci się wokół mnie
    En pige danser i flammernes skær
    Måneblomst hun danser som den varme vind og ulvene hyler i nat ★

lorelai_g87 said:

how do you say "road to acceptance" in Serbian?
    ...life after death...