Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Tags: None

EstrellaDeMar said:

Quote Originally Posted by ina View Post
    iskra is something (or same) like varnica - sparkle, but maybe even smaller. And iskra could be used for feelings, a small amount of a particular quality or feeling - sparklet, sparkie
    a spark of hope, the sparks of revolution
    varnica exists only between 2 or more objects as a result of their reaction on the surface.
    Iskra could appear by itself, from inside.
    Wow, you people ere really thrall! :thumb up:
    I like the song by Željko Joksimović Spring mentioned, I sing it often but I never understood the varnice part. For some reason I presumed they were fireflies. In Croatian you would say "svijeti kao krijesnica", so that's probably the reason.
    About svitac, never heard the word before (dictionary translates glowworm to Croatian as svitac also...), but now I know what is Balašević talking about when he mentiones "malog svitka srebrnog" (ako se to tako deklinira, LOL).
    This forum is really useful!

2. PrincessMarina said:

hey guys i need your help again hehe
    please translate this sentence for me.
    "Now you have lost me forever. You will never find a girl that loved you like me.Never,sweet lies were your words but mine were the truth. You have no chance anymore."

Thaaanks

3. dok77 said:

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessMarina View Post
    hey guys i need your help again hehe
    please translate this sentence for me.
    "Now you have lost me forever. You will never find a girl that loved you like me.Never,sweet lies were your words but mine were the truth. You have no chance anymore."

Thaaanks
    "Sada si me izgubio zauvek.Nikad nećeš naći devojku koja te je volela kao ja.Nikada,tvoje reči su bile slatke laži ali moje su bile istinite.Nemaš više šanse"

4. PrincessMarina said:

thanks a lot

gensdarmes said:

"Slazem se s ovim likom" ??? Does it mean I agree with this person ?

Spring said:

Yeah but it's more like - I agree with this bloke!

gensdarmes said:

ok thanks,

And also can you please translate:
    "evo dosla sam ti 2 sata ranije a ti meni nikad ne dodjes "

8. dok77 said:

"here,I came to you 2 hours earlier,and you never came to me"

gensdarmes said:

oh ok, thanks!

10. dok77 said:

Quote Originally Posted by gensdarmes View Post
    oh ok, thanks!
    you are welcome
    PS. I made an error,second part of sentence is in past tense.
    sorry
    As I'm making progress in Spanish,I'm beginning to forget English

gensdarmes said:

I need help with these sentences:

"dusa mala ljubi najdrazeg zeta!"

"dinkin komentar na sliku s bratom i zenom: divna slika, ko iz filmova"

pthalo said:

first one is something like "sweetheart kisses dearest brother-in-law" (duša is soul and mala is little (female).

second one: ____ comment on the picture with the brother and wife: lovely picture, as if from a film.
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

gensdarmes said:

hvalaaaa!!!

pthalo said:

nema na čemu
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

gensdarmes said:

Another question, please

"Ljubim svoju dusicu"

pthalo said:

I kiss my sweetheart

gensdarmes said:

dusicu is a more funny/sweet way, or how to say, more babyish way to say duso I think, is it correct?

pthalo said:

it's a diminuitive form. so duša is soul, and dušica is "little soul". it's a term of endearment. not babyish really, maybe more sweet

gensdarmes said:

ok, that's what I meant actually thanks again, it helped me very much.

pthalo said:

kako se kaže "grapevine" na srpskom? rečnik kaže "loza", ali da li se kaže "čula sam to na lozi" = "I heard it on the grapevine" ?