Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Tags: None

Spring said:

hm.. do you mean vineyard?

If so, then it's vinograd

It's a place where you could've been at and heard something... Cula sam to u vinogradu

pthalo said:

Possibly. Is it used in a figurative sense? In English, "I heard it on the grapevine" means that you heard something from someone who heard it from someone else. Is that "Čula sam to u vinogradu"?
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

Spring said:

oh nooooo
    lol

Well your question did sound weird! lol

in this case.. we say "informacija iz druge ruke"

pthalo said:

aww. no grapevines in Serbian then? I like that expression in English a lot. Oh well. Hvala.
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

5. ina said:

Hallo!

gensdarmes: You've got nice translations, I would like to add something more

"Slazem se s ovim likom" I agree with this chap (lik (literary)=countenance, in slang chap, bloke, guy...)

"evo dosla sam ti 2 sata ranije a ti meni nikad ne dodjes " - I came to you 2 hours beforehand, but you never come to me.

dusa mala ljubi najdrazeg zeta!" - sounds like greeting or memo, like

"dinkin komentar na sliku s bratom i zenom: divna slika, ko iz filmova"
    - Dinkin's comment on the picture in which he is with his brother and wife: lovely picture, like from a movie ( like in a movie)

Of course, my English is not perfect, but you understand me

pthalo: in English, there is an idiom -
    on / through the grapevine - by talking in an informal way to other people:
    I heard on the grapevine that you're leaving.

hear something on/through the grapevine - to hear news from someone who heard the news from someone else
    I heard on the grapevine that she was pregnant, but I don't know anything more.

In Serbian, it would be something like: Pročulo se... ili priča se da....

pthalo said:

Neat, thank you

gensdarmes said:

Ok ina, that's most helpful

gensdarmes said:

Can someone please translate it:

"Dodji i reci svima da ona sve bolje ima od mene, da bolja je pa neka krene do djavola sve"
    Together we stand, divided we fall...

tara t-rex said:

how would you say "she is loved by the most amazing and beautiful boyfriend ever"?

i came up with "ona je voljela do najljepših nevjerovatan dečko ikad"

i didnt know what to put for loved because love=ljubav, but i love you=volim te,
    so which way of using the word would it be?

also i REALLY need help with sentence structure. i have no idea what order the words go in. :S

pthalo said:

loved is voljena. (for female). nevjerojatan is "unbelievable" but in a bad way. Like "you're unbelieveable, I can't believe you did that." Also, najljepših is genitive plural, so that would work if she had two really great boyfriends. Anyway, I'm still learning, but my best guess would be "Ona je voljena od najčudesaneg i najljepšeg dečka ikad." But it's not really correct, because I don't know the superlative form of čudesan, so a native speaker will have to untangle it for us.

@gensdarmes:

Come and tell everyone that she is much better than me, that she's better, so let her go to hell.

I think.

gensdarmes said:

Fine thanks

gensdarmes said:

IT'S URGENT PLEASE ANYONE!!!

"Njega lahko je voljeti, njemu sebe je dala, da je cuva, da je pazi, da je mazi, da je ljubi, da je ljubomorno gleda, da je nikad nikom ne da."

dorkas said:

"Njega lahko je voljeti, njemu sebe je dala, da je cuva, da je pazi, da je mazi, da je ljubi, da je ljubomorno gleda, da je nikad nikom ne da."

It´s easy to love him, to him she gave herself, to take care of her,to look after her, to caress her, to kiss her, to watch her jealously, to give her to no one.

gensdarmes said:

Oh thank you so much dorkas, you're great

tara t-rex said:

hvala pthalo!

i dont think you would need the naj in front of čudesaneg, because najljepšeg already means the most beautiful, so to say it in both places would sound weird, right? im not really sure.

dorkas said:

You´re welcome, gensdarmes, anytime!

17. ina said:

Hi, again I'll just add something, if that would help even more.

"Dodji i reci svima da ona sve bolje ima od mene, da bolja je pa neka krene do djavola sve"
    Come and tell everyone that she has everything better than me, that she is better, so let everything go to hell!
    Pthalo - not her go to hell, but everything could go to hell (i think)

"Njega lako je voljeti, njemu sebe je dala,
    da je čuva, da je pazi, da je mazi,
    da je ljubi, da je ljubomorno gleda,
    da je nikad nikom ne da."

It is easy to love him, she has given herself to him
    to take care of her, to coddle her,
    to kiss her, to watch (or maybe even guard) her jealously,
    never gives her to someone.

Superlative of čudesan - najčudesniji.

"She is loved by the most amazing and beautiful boyfriend ever"
    Voljena je od najlepšeg i izvanrednog (neverovatnog) * momka ikada.

Neverovatan could be a positive statement too - Neverovatno dobar

* izvanredan is already some sort of superlative, najizvanredniji is not used often.

gensdarmes said:

Thanks ina!

pthalo said:

hvala ina!

gensdarmes said:

"Volim te snagom daljine koja nas razdvaja"

Does it mean: I love you with the power of distance that aparts us"

???