Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Tags: None
  1. Theos said:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Davexen View Post
    I hope I'm not violating any rules since they're not lyrics, but a bosnian girlfriend of mine sent me this text message:

"Dragi covjek, ti neznas sta ovo znaci! To je jako smjesno."

However, I don't speak any bosnian at all xD So if anyone could, please translate into English

Thanks!

"dear man! you don't know what this means this is very funny!"

welcome

but she's made some mistakes...

2. Davexen said:

Ah I see, thanks a bunch!

Spring said:

Sure you're not validating any rules but we have a separate thread where all such requests should be made so.. I will move the posts from this topic there

4. Narat said:

Can you please translate for me in Serbian.

How do you say in Serbian “send more photos please?”

“Please ask Danica what is the phone number of the jewellery shop in Zemun who made our Serbian pendant. I need to get something else made.”

“Merry Christmas to all. Hoping all your wishes come true, and have a very happy New Year. With all our love” Cassie & Dejan.

Merry Christmas to all. Hoping all your wishes come true, and have a very happy New Year. Wishing we were there to celebrate with you, With all our love” Cassie & Dejan.

5. Narat said:

Smile

Please translate for me to serbian.
    Hey Tamara, Send to us your wedding DVD so we can watch my love.

6. dok77 said:

“send more photos please?”

Molim te,pošalji još fotografija.

“Please ask Danica what is the phone number of the jewellery shop in Zemun who made our Serbian pendant. I need to get something else made.”

Molim te pitaj Danicu koji je broj telefona zlatare u Zemunu gde nam je napravljen naš srpski privezak*.Treba mi još nešto odatle.

*Word "pendant" has several meanings in Serbian.I understood that you meant some piece of jewellery so I used "privezak" or it could be "minđuše"(earings).

Merry Christmas to all. Hoping all your wishes come true, and have a very happy New Year. Wishing we were there to celebrate with you, With all our love” Cassie & Dejan.

*literate translation Srećan Božić svima.Nadamo se da će vam se sve želje ostvariti i srećnu Novu Godinu.Voleli bi da smo tamo da slavimo sa vama.S ljubavlju" Cassie & Dejan.

Nene said:

Can someone please translate into Serbian:

He is a good man. (I think it could be "On je dobar momak.", but I'm not sure, as I'm refering to my boyfriend.

I was also wondering how would I say "the best guy"

Hvala lepo!!!
    Mivel mindig az okos enged, már rég a hülyék uralkodnak...

8. buttonlucho said:

Default Help needed with writing letter in Serbian

I am trying to respond to a letter I received in Serbian, but I'm still very new to Serbian, so if one of you guys can help me translate the below sentences, I'll be really happy!

What I'd like to say is:

"When in July are you coming?

Do you know that the Schilke factory is in Chicago? I got a tour of the place when I ordered my new trumpet. If you would like I can arrange for you and your band to get a tour of the factory when you come here."

Thanks, buttonlucho

9. Beli1982 said:

"When in July are you coming?
    - Kada dolaziš u julu?

Do you know that the Schilke factory is in Chicago? I got a tour of the place when I ordered my new trumpet. If you would like I can arrange for you and your band to get a tour of the factory when you come here.
    - Da li znaš da se Schilke fabrika nalazi u Čikagu? Dobila sam turu za fabriku kada sam naručio (man)/ naručila (women) moju novu trubu. ako želiš mogu da ti dogovorim turu za tebe i tvoj bend kada dođeš ovde

Thanks, buttonlucho
    Hvala, buttonlucho

10. buttonlucho said:

Hvala, Beli! I forgot to ask you to put the verb form in second person formal instead of second person familiar.

Thanks, buttonlucho

11. buttonlucho said:

Default Help needed with writing letter in Serbian

I would like help with changing this letter from second person familiar to second person formal, as the person I'm writing to is much older than me and I want to treat him with respect.

Thanks, buttonlucho

"Kada dolaziš u julu?

Da li znaš da se Schilke fabrika nalazi u Čikagu? Dobila sam turu za fabriku kada sam naručio (man)/ naručila (women) moju novu trubu. ako želiš mogu da ti dogovorim turu za tebe i tvoj bend kada dođeš ovde"

Spring said:

Kada dolazite u julu?

Da li znate da se Schilke fabrika nalazi u Čikagu? Dobio (man) /dobila (woman) sam turu za fabriku kada sam naručio (man)/ naručila (women) svoju novu trubu. Ako želite mogu da Vam dogovorim turu za Vas i vaš bend kada dođete ovde"

What kind of tour? like visit to the factory? If I am right than change it like this..
    "Kada dolazite u julu?

Da li znate da se Schilke fabrika nalazi u Čikagu? Dali su mi da obiđem fabriku kada sam naručio (man)/ naručila (women) svoju novu trubu. Ako želite mogu da Vam dogovorim turu za Vas i Vaš bend kada dođete ovde"

13. dok77 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Nene View Post
    Can someone please translate into Serbian:

He is a good man. (I think it could be "On je dobar momak.", but I'm not sure, as I'm refering to my boyfriend.

I was also wondering how would I say "the best guy"

Hvala lepo!!!
    You think correctly.It's quite OK.Or you can use "čovek" instead of "momak".
    Čovek-refers to every male or even to every human,can be used in every situation
    Momak-usually refers to younger male,or unmarried man

The best guy- Najbolji momak/čovek.

14. dok77 said:

2nd person formal:
    znaš-znate
    želiš-želite
    dođeš-dođete

Those are only corrections you need to make.

P.S. Dobila(women)-Dobio(man)

P.P.S I didn't saw you already got the answer on other topic,sorry.

Spring said:

ohhh
    just seen this topic... buttonlucho why did you spread this issue in two topics? dooh!
    lol

Part 2 - here (soon to be merged with this one and eventually moved to the Miscellaneous...

16. buttonlucho said:

Hvala, Spring!

17. buttonlucho said:

Hvala, Dok77!

Spring said:

Does anyone have a clue what could be "extension officer" ?
    in Serbian even
    arghhh
    lol

Nene said:

Dear Spring,

I wouldn't know to tell in Serbian, as I'm only learning it, but I'd say an "extension officer" is a person who does a similar job to a Receptionist...switching the incoming calls to different extention (phone) numbers within one company.
    For instance, I ring a company and ask for extention no. 3335 (which is a certain department or a person I'm looking for) and they switch me to this particular number.

The reason why this position is not called "receptionist" could be because the environment is like a bank, a post office or a tax office rather than a company. Or simply because you don't need to do all the duties done by receptionist, you just switch the calls as requested.

I hope this helps!

Nene said:

Quote Originally Posted by dok77 View Post
    You think correctly.It's quite OK.Or you can use "čovek" instead of "momak".
    Čovek-refers to every male or even to every human,can be used in every situation
    Momak-usually refers to younger male,or unmarried man

The best guy- Najbolji momak/čovek.
    Thanks a mill, dok77!!!
    I haven't thought of using "čovek", although it sounds better!
    Hvala!