Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Tags: None

Spring said:

Quote Originally Posted by Nene View Post
    Dear Spring,

I wouldn't know to tell in Serbian, as I'm only learning it, but I'd say an "extension officer" is a person who does a similar job to a Receptionist...switching the incoming calls to different extention (phone) numbers within one company.
    For instance, I ring a company and ask for extention no. 3335 (which is a certain department or a person I'm looking for) and they switch me to this particular number.

The reason why this position is not called "receptionist" could be because the environment is like a bank, a post office or a tax office rather than a company. Or simply because you don't need to do all the duties done by receptionist, you just switch the calls as requested.

I hope this helps!
    Thank you Nene for the explanation!
    I am still not sure though cause... it's some kind of "manual for extension officers in horticultural marketing"

Nene said:

Spring,

Nema na čemu.

Huh, I can imagine what kind of translation you have to do...
    Well in this case it is different. All I know is that an "extension officer in horticultural marketing" is a person who needs to know everything about the marketing (how to sell the best and what to sell - for instance which fruit and vegetables) and also about importing and exporting restrictions regarding different countries. Because the farmers are specialized in growing, they might not know everything about selling in different countries. This is the job of the Extension Officer. He tries to make the business work for the benefit of the farmers. Hope this makes any sense to you...

I've also found and example of such manual, although still don't have a clue how to translate the title:
    http://www.fao.org/docrep/s8270e/s8270e00.htm

Good luck my dear!!!
    Mivel mindig az okos enged, már rég a hülyék uralkodnak...

Spring said:

Yep I think it's something FAO invented because you are definitely on a good track! Though, the thing that I was translating just mentioned the manual (thank God! lol)

Thank you very much! (again)!

4. Narat said:

Smile

Can somebody please translate for me into serbian crycil form
    "Dejan & Cassie’s Wedding February 9th,2008"

5. Theos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Narat View Post
    Can somebody please translate for me into serbian crycil form
    "Dejan & Cassie’s Wedding February 9th,2008"

Вјенчање Дејана и Касије - 9. Фебруар 2008.

don't forget the period after the numbers to indicate they're cardinal numbers!

cheers !

Zvezda said:

Could somebody please tell me how to say in either Serbian or Croatian "Maria is thinking about her future". Both latin and cyrillic scripts will be very much appreciated!
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

Adrienne said:

latin: Marija (Maria) razmišlja o svojoj budućnosti

cyrillic: Марија размишља о својој будућности
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em vocę, vocę em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

Zvezda said:

Thank you so much Adrienne!
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

Spring said:

Quote Originally Posted by Theos View Post
    Вјенчање Дејана и Касије - 9. Фебруар 2008.

don't forget the period after the numbers to indicate they're cardinal numbers!

cheers !
    Didn't I already translate that ? somewhere.. I think I did lol

anyways.. I think it's Kesi, rather than Kasija
    and also - "j" doesn't fit with Cyrillic and February is generally not supposed to be written with capital F (unless to look nicer)

Венчање Дејана и Кeси - 09. фебруар 2008.

Adrienne said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezda View Post
    Thank you so much Adrienne!

You're welcome, dear!
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em vocę, vocę em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

11. Theos said:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    Didn't I already translate that ? somewhere.. I think I did lol

anyways.. I think it's Kesi, rather than Kasija
    and also - "j" doesn't fit with Cyrillic and February is generally not supposed to be written with capital F (unless to look nicer)

Венчање Дејана и Кeси - 09. фебруар 2008.

in case you didn't know j IS a cyrillic letter so it does fit....and ok ifoit Kasi but it has to have the genitive mark otherwise it's not gramatically correct:

Vjencanje Dejana i Kesije....or Kese...but it's not nice to hear so that's why I prefer the the 1st solution

12. dok77 said:

Serbian: Venčanje
    Croatian,Bosnian: Vjenčanje

Cyrillic=Serbian=Венчање

13. Narat said:

can you please translate for me into english.

Hvala na cestitki.puno smo vas pozeleili I jedva cekamo da vas vidimo da li je unja primila nase poruke za njen rodjendan posto smo dobili riport da nijsu dospel.

Can you please translate this into serbian.

Hey sweetie, I'll ask mum if she received any of your birthday wishes i'm, not to sure. How are you anyway? what has been happening we miss you all!!!!

14. Theos said:

Quote Originally Posted by dok77 View Post
    Serbian: Venčanje
    Croatian,Bosnian: Vjenčanje

Cyrillic=Serbian=Венчање
    Vjencanje is also serbian....serbs from bosnia croatia or montenegro spek the jekaski dialect although they speak serbian ! serbian does not mean ekavski exclusively...

Spring said:

So.. there are (minimum) 3 different languages but the only difference is in occasional "j" and "ij" here and there though you are claiming there is the "j" in Serbian too?

Serbs from Bosnia obviously speak - Bosnian (if we are to accept that there is such a language but we have to .. considering that it's their right to call the language they speak whatever they want.. this is a free world and so on...

In any case, I can NOT imagine squeezing the "j" in Cyrilic variant of the Yugoslavian words

Quote Originally Posted by Theos View Post
    in case you didn't know j IS a cyrillic letter so it does fit....and ok ifoit Kasi but it has to have the genitive mark otherwise it's not gramatically correct:

Vjencanje Dejana i Kesije....or Kese...but it's not nice to hear so that's why I prefer the the 1st solution
    If we assume the person's name is pronounced Kesi, there is no reason to transform it into some kajsija version lol
    The fact that J is used in Serbian has nothing to do with the fact that there is no j in Serbian vencanje (unless if I marry a Croatian/Bosnian) and you can think what you want lol

16. dok77 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Narat View Post
    can you please translate for me into english.

Hvala na cestitki.puno smo vas pozeleili I jedva cekamo da vas vidimo da li je unja primila nase poruke za njen rodjendan posto smo dobili riport da nijsu dospel.

Can you please translate this into serbian.

Hey sweetie, I'll ask mum if she received any of your birthday wishes i'm, not to sure. How are you anyway? what has been happening we miss you all!!!!
    1)Thank you for your card*.We miss you a lot and can't wait to see you again.Did aunt** recieved our wishes*** for her birthday,because we got a report that they haven't been delivered.

* I gues this was answer on some kind of birthday,new year or christmas card.Otherwise: čestitke=congratulations

**I suppose they meant "ujna"=aunt because the word "unja" doesn't exist in Serbian

***poruka=message in literal translation but again I think "wishes" would be more propriate in this case

2)Hej slatkišu*,pitaći mamu da li je dobila vaše rođendanske želje(poruke),nisam sigurna.Kako ste inače?Šta se dešava kod vas?Puno nam nedostajete.

* sweety=slatkišu this is literal translation again,but I would use it only when refering to a small child or my sweetheart(actually I never use it personaly because it sounds totally silly but you can hear people saying that sometimes).I would rather use "dušo" here.It's more neutral but still refers to someone who is very close to you.
    Last edited by dok77; 12-05-2008 at 12:54 PM.

17. dok77 said:

So.. there are (minimum) 3 different languages but the only difference is in occasional "j" and "ij" here and there though you are claiming there is the "j" in Serbian too?

Serbs from Bosnia obviously speak - Bosnian (if we are to accept that there is such a language but we have to .. considering that it's their right to call the language they speak whatever they want.. this is a free world and so on...

In any case, I can NOT imagine squeezing the "j" in Cyrilic variant of the Yugoslavian words

If we assume the person's name is pronounced Kesi, there is no reason to transform it into some kajsija version lol
    The fact that J is used in Serbian has nothing to do with the fact that there is no j in Serbian vencanje (unless if I marry a Croatian/Bosnian) and you can think what you want lol
    I'll have to agree with this.

18. Theos said:

Quote Originally Posted by dok77 View Post
    I'll have to agree with this.
    Sorry bu I don't agree...

I'm actuallly on SLAVISTIC studies at the Sorbonne university in Paris and I know what I am talking about, otherwise I'm a bosnian native speaker which also confirm what I wrote...

In Bosnia for instance there are 3 official languages : Bosnian Croatian & Serbian.

the serbsin BiH or in Serbia speak serbian and if you had read the grammar by Stevanovic you'd know that the serbian language has 2 dialect which are ekavski ijekavski.

So what you are saying is compoletely false....

plus J is a letter of the cyrillic alphabet or AZBUKA as u prefer

AБВГДЂЕЖЗИ >>> Ј <<<К Л ЉМН...

so please be sure of what you say before posting....

19. Theos said:

there is a reason ! KesiJE this means it has the lmark of genitive..

You don't know serbian grammar at all !!!

20. Mimiii said:

Can you guys translate this for me????

e sada ces ti da se hipnotises i od nase buduce price, nema nista, no bilo je makar malo zabavno do sada? zar ne?