Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Tags: None
  1. ina said:

Moja tetka bi ti rekla da je suprotno od device udata žena... haha...
    ok, chastity - the state of not having sex with anyone or only having sex with the person you are married to;morality with respect to sexual relations
    chastity, celibacy, sexual abstention
    unchastity- nečestitost, nečednost?

Limbo:
    1.often capitalized : an abode of souls that are according to Roman Catholic theology barred from heaven because of not having received Christian baptism;
    the border place between heaven and hell where dwell those souls who, though not condemned to punishment, are deprived of the joy of eternal existence with God in heaven. The word is of Teutonic origin, meaning “border” or “anything joined on.”

2. a: a place or state of restraint or confinement
    b: a place or state of neglect or oblivion <proposals kept in limbo>
    c: an intermediate or transitional place or state
    d: a state of uncertainty

limbo ->in the limbo: (still) up in the air, uncertainty. Maybe in Srb - ni na nebu ni na zemlji

Spring said:

Odlicno si se setila toga ni na nebu ni na zemlji! Jer.. koliko vidim, rec limbo se koristi i kod nas ali apsolutno nije nasa rec..

pthalo said:

speaking of rug burns, i managed to get my first one in years by tripping in my apartment today. My knee is now all red.

@Ina & spring: hvala na pomoći
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

Spring said:

That's a classic case of "dozivati/crtati vraga" - you were talking about it and it happened - dozvala si vraga (now you can see that the proverb is based on a superstition..

And I believe we simply say - oderano koleno, oderan lakat... oderotina and judging by a definition of rug burn, maybe also - osip (crvenilo)

5. ina said:

Quote Originally Posted by pthalo View Post
    speaking of rug burns, i managed to get my first one in years by tripping in my apartment today. My knee is now all red.

@Ina & spring: hvala na pomoći
    Kupi usisivač
    (that rug burns are too much in your head...)

Spring said:

Kakav sad usisivac? did I miss something? Ili si automatski pretpostavila da je ribala tepih? Mada, ta rug burn situacija me najvise i asocira na posledicu ribanja tepiha na kolenima hahahhaa

7. ina said:

"by tripping in my apartment today"... -> ribanje tepiha, haha..
    Oh, sorry, this tripped me up.
    Ovo je kao kad se igraš gluvih telefona, svako nešto doda ili izmeni. Nesvesno sam ubacila par ranijih podataka pa dobila jedan čudan misaoni eksperiment... Čitala sam negde da je čistila stan zbog....... nebitno Znači to je bilo tripovanje .... s moje strane.

Spring said:

Zna li neko mozda kako se kaze kamenac in Eng? Ali ne zubni kamenac (nasla sam da je tartar zubni ili "deposited on the sides of casks during winemaking" ali to nije ono sto mi treba vec onaj kamenac sto se stvara npr. na kadi)

miki444 said:

Spring said:

BINGO!!!
    Thank you so much!!!

PS
    or limestone.. or not! hm... lol

pthalo said:

we also just call it "lime" ... "lime build up", "lime deposits"... google has over a million results for "lime build up"
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

pthalo said:

limestone is something else entirely http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limestone or http://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Кречњак

it's a type of rock used in building

13. ina said:

yes, limescale je kamenac, limestone je krečnkak za spravljenje cementa, npr.

14. ivipop said:

Hello Can someone please telling me how to say something like this to a male:

"I hope everyday that today i will be the day i hear from you. I miss how it used to be!"
    hvala.

Spring said:

"I hope everyday that today i will be the day i hear from you. I miss how it used to be!" == >
    Svaki dan se nadam da ćeš mi se baš toga dana javiti. Nedostaju mi stara vremena! (Second sentence, back to Eng, literally "I miss the old times")

Btw, there is another forum/topic for such requests - > Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

16. Mizz_B said:

Hi can someone translate this for me??

"po kome? kako ti se zovu roditelji? gde zivis?
    ja sam imala ujka koj se zvao XXX"

XXX is a name :-)

Zahal said:

Šta ovo znači?

1) I svi su se uzdali u njega: zar već nije, i to sam SAMCIT, oslobodio Grčku opasnih razbojnika koji su harali drumovima?
    2) Ona ubaci baklju u odgovarajuće udubljenje u zidu, a onda čučnu i izvadi težak ZAMOTAK.

Hvala.

Spring said:

1) I svi su se uzdali u njega: zar već nije, i to sam SAMCIT, oslobodio Grčku opasnih razbojnika koji su harali drumovima? = And everyone relied on him: he had, all by himself, liberated Greece from dangerous villains who were vandalizing it, hadn't he?
    2) Ona ubaci baklju u odgovarajuće udubljenje u zidu, a onda čučnu i izvadi težak ZAMOTAK. = She inserted the torch into a suitable recess in the wall, and then squatted and took out a heavy package

I must admit I've never heard the word "zamotak" before.. more likely - zamotuljak. Although, according to my dictionary it should be the same as "omot".. But that is not the case..

zamotak = omot - wrapping
    zamotuljak - package; bundle

19. ina said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mizz_B View Post
    Hi can someone translate this for me??

"po kome? kako ti se zovu roditelji? gde zivis?
    ja sam imala ujka koj se zvao XXX"

XXX is a name :-)
    By whom? (I think this refers on - from which person he/she or his/her name derives) What are the names of your parents? Where do you live? I had an uncle whose name was XXX

Spring said:

The first part seems that way to me too..

po kome? = (named) after who?