Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Arabic <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Arabic <-> English Translations

Tags: None

larosa said:

Quote Originally Posted by Beso View Post
    hi i'm fine my dear
    شكرا حبيبي على الكلام ده واوعدك اني هكون ليك للابد...بس متكدبش عليا لانك عارف اني مش هقبل كده, مش هقدر اتعامل مع جرح تاني زي اللي حصلي قبل كده انا هثق فيك اكتر لاني بحبك من كل قلبي, انت حياتي, روحي, كل حاجة ليا. هحبك لاخر العمر. انا ليك ومش لحد تاني .بحبك بحبك
    سلام
    my dear i did it in egyptian
    ohh dear beso the writing is unreadable you may have problem with your keyboard ,allow me to do it

thank my love for these words i promisse ill be with you forever..just dont lie to me coz as u know i cant accept that, i cant handle another pain like i have it before i will trust more in u coz i love u with all my heart, you are mylife , my soul, my everything. i will love u to the end of my days. im yours and for no one else. love u love u bye

شكرا حبيبي على هالكلمات .اوعدك اني اكون معاك على طول.بس انت ما تكذبش عليا علشان زي ماانت عارف مقدرش اقبل ده.ما اقدرش اتحمل الم تاني زي الي تحملتو زمان .حوثق فيك اكثر عشان بحبك من كل قلبي انت عمري و روحي و كل شيء.هحبك لغاية ايامي ما تنتهي.انا ليك و مش لاي احد تاني.بحبك باي

rialisha06 said:

thank u dear la rosa..... beso what happen with ur keyboard i was thinking this ir arabic? lol hve good day day dream bye

larosa said:

you're welcome dear rialisha06 ,ther must be a problem ,inshallah she'll fix it

Beso said:

yes thnx larosa my computer gone crazy this days after i downloaded the turkish letters here i must to encoding every thing to arabic
    Her sabah bir dev masalında ..uyanınca
    Hep çocuk kalmak kurtulmak

rialisha06 said:

i stop just to say hi to all hi beso and la rosa....i aprecciate ur help ...bye girls..

larosa said:

hey ralisha06 ,you're welcome anytime
  7. huttarl said:

Question kalma al-kalimatu?

Hello, I'm wondering about the Arabic translation of John 1:1.
    I see that the text says
    فِي الْبَدْءِ كَانَ الْكَلِمَةُ، وَالْكَلِمَةُ كَانَ عِنْدَ اللهِ. وَكَانَ الْكَلِمَةُ هُوَ اللهُ .
    (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1:1&version=28)
    In English, it's
    "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
    I don't know much Arabic, but it seems to me that wherever English has "the Word" (Greek: ho logos), the Arabic reads "kalma al-kalimatu" (كَانَ الْكَلِمَةُ) or "al-kalimatu kalma".
    And going by an online dictionary lookup, it appears that both kalma and al-kalimatu are from the same root: kalam (word, speech, reason, ...?)

My question is, why does the Arabic have this seemingly doubled phrase, 'kalma al-kalimatu', for 'ho logos'? And what does it mean - 'the spoken word'? 'the word of speech'? Maybe it's an idiom?

I ran John 1:1 through the very helpful machine translator at http://tarjim.sakhr.com/sakhr/default.asp?lang=1 (requires free registration), and this was the result:
    "At first was the speech, and the speech was at Allah. And was the speech is Allah."
    So apparently, "kalma al-kalimatu" and "al-kalimatu kalma" are forms of a recognized phrase or idiom for "speech". Is that correct? Am I even transliterating the Arabic script correctly?

Not trying to start theological arguments here. Just looking for linguistic information.

Thanks,
    Lars

LOUIE said:

first off all, you can't trust any online translation services , cause you wont get a 100&#37; accurate answer. so "'kalma al-kalimatu' means "the word of all words" and they gave you [or you wrote it] wrong. It must sound like " kelmit el Kaleemat ". by the way if you read the bible in Arabic and English [ and you happen to know both lingo's ] you'll notice that they match word for word and sentence per sentence.

Zahra2008 said:

hey guys, pls anyone???..

i would like this in egyptian accent... as a girl talking with a guy... shoukran...

You also made me smile
    Please my friend (male) don't give up
    Work far away from family and friends is never easy, but you can make it
    I am sending you all my best thoughts and best wishes
    You can always count with me, I am here
    Send me messages, everytime you need a friend
    Last edited by Zahra2008; 07-24-2008 at 06:22 PM.
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!
  10. atieh87 said:

hi can any1 please tell me what this means?

|3attalat Tefreg

thanks so much

majdn said:

Quote Originally Posted by atieh87 View Post
    hi can any1 please tell me what this means?

|3attalat Tefreg

thanks so much
    Battalat tefreg* - It doesn't matter anymore
    Ya reit albi yekoon 2assi 3shan ye2dar yefoot 7obak, o a3eesh zayak sa3eed nassi o la es2alshi 3ala albak.
  12. huttarl said:

Lightbulb Re: kalma

Quote Originally Posted by LOUIE View Post
    first off all, you can't trust any online translation services , cause you wont get a 100% accurate answer. so "'kalma al-kalimatu' means "the word of all words" and they gave you [or you wrote it] wrong. It must sound like " kelmit el Kaleemat ".
    Louie, thanks for your answer.

I just realized this morning that the letters I was reading as "kalma" (كَانَ) actually say "kaana"!
    Just goes to show that I don't read the letters very well. So I guess that part has nothing to do with "word". I looked "كَانَ" up with the same online translation service and it said "was". Aha!

Quote Originally Posted by LOUIE View Post
    by the way if you read the bible in Arabic and English [ and you happen to know both lingo's ] you'll notice that they match word for word and sentence per sentence.
    Do you mean it's not very natural Arabic? Does it sound wrong to a native speaker of Arabic? Maybe old-fashioned?

LOUIE said:

no what I meant to say is that If you happen to read both versions, you'd find them 100&#37; the same except they are in different languages. : )

najla said:

Hi can anyone tell me how i can say: i cant explain it in leb

Finally in egyptian is akheeran but how do u say it in lebanese?

and is teslamili also for a guy or only for a girl

thank u all

Daydream said:

I don't know how to explain it in leb*
    ma b3ref keef ashra7lak bel Lebnani

Finally in egyptian is akheeran but how do u say it in lebanese?
    Akheeran can be used, but if it's like you're waiting for someone and they take a long time to reply or their late the term bakeer is used more often

and is teslamili also for a guy or only for a girl
    that's the female form.. teslamli is for males
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥
  16. amira7 said:

somebody help me with a few palestinian words! pls

now
    later
    after
    about
    in this moment
    soon
    I think so
    I don't think
    I wish
    I swear
    I need to know
    I can't
    when
    if
    still
    because of
    because
    for
    gift
    wrong
    I'm going to sleep
    I'm watching TV
    I work
    I wake up
    I wash myself
    breakfast
    I leave
    I go
    I'm reading
    I'm walking in the park
    I hate

Thanks
  17. marie. said:

Question Good Morning Translated

How you write Good Morning in arabian?
    There are so many ways I found.
  18. Jihan said:

I know about this one

Good Morning: sabah il cheer صَبَاح الخَيْر

Answer: sabah in-nuur صَبَاح النُّوْر

Hope it helps you...if I am wrong somebody might correct me
  19. sezoka said:

You also made me smile
    Send me messages, everytime you need a friend[/QUOTE]

wenta kaman 7'aletny abtesem..
    law sama7t matstaslemsh ya sa7by/(ya sadeky)..
    el sho3'l b3ed 3an el 3ela w el so7ab msh sahl abadan bs enta hat2dar 3aleeh..
    batmnalak kol 7'er..
    w t2dar enk t3tamed 3alya dayman,ana hena 3shank..
    eb3atly messages kol ma t7tag le 7ad aw sadek..

tha last 2 sentences i didn't translate them literally but the meaning of them because if i trnaslated literally it won't be understandable...

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by sezoka View Post
    You also made me smile
    Send me messages, everytime you need a friend

wenta kaman 7'aletny abtesem..
    law sama7t matstaslemsh ya sa7by/(ya sadeky)..
    el sho3'l b3ed 3an el 3ela w el so7ab msh sahl abadan bs enta hat2dar 3aleeh..
    batmnalak kol 7'er..
    w t2dar enk t3tamed 3alya dayman,ana hena 3shank..
    eb3atly messages kol ma t7tag le 7ad aw sadek..

tha last 2 sentences i didn't translate them literally but the meaning of them because if i trnaslated literally it won't be understandable...[/QUOTE]

thank you so much (muchas gracias in spanish)... im glad you help me with a understanble translation... that way my friend did not think im crazy, heheh
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!