Instrumental Rock Song - some lyrics

Thread: Instrumental Rock Song - some lyrics

Tags: None
  1. BuLLeT said:

Default Instrumental Rock Song - some lyrics

I'm trying to find the title and artist of an instrumental that is kind of rock or maybe even jazz from around the late 60's or early 70's. It starts out as just a single instrument and is then accompanied by a different instrument and then another and then another - the only lyrics in the song is a guy who introduces each instrument before it plays. in all there are probably 10 or so different instruments playing at the end of the piece.

any clues - thanks.

2. Musicismyfirstlove said:

That is Mike Oldfield -Tubular bells..
    The original is 25 minutes long.., and there are classical versions as well , have a ball!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPEt5OTR6Vc

3. BuLLeT said:

I thought that too because the one thing I remember from the song is the last instrument intro is glass tubular bells so when I saw a song called tubular bells i thoght that was it. but Oldfield's piece sounds nothing like what I am looking for.

I appreciate your help though.

4. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Bummer , I really thought this would be it

Sorry to say I have no other ideas ,but for this singer..
    Jason D. Williams seems to have made a cover from this song...

5. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Try this: "Glass Tubes" by Brian Bennett

6. BuLLeT said:

I recant, it is Tubular Bells after all. you were totally right on.... All I could ever find of tubular Bells was the first part of the song which lead me to believe that was not it. I finally found the whole song and listened all the way through, it is the last part on the 25 minute song i was looking for.

Thank you Thank you - You are GOD.

7. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Hehehe...this is cool

Enjoy!
    It's been a long time since I heard this Masterpiece for the very first time and I still recall the impact it had on me...and still has!
    Grtz.M.