Música101 said:

Default Learning Spanish language

Learn Spanish
    I. The Basics

Yo- I
    Tu- You
    el, ella, - he, her
    nosotros- we
    vosotros- you( formal Only used in Spain)
    ellos, ustedes- they

II. Basic vocab

Colors

azul- blue
    rojo- red
    anaranjado - orange
    amarilla- yellow
    verde- green
    gris- gray
    blanca- white
    rosado- pink
    gold- dorado

Numbers

uno- one
    dos- two
    tres- tree
    cuartro- four
    cinco- five
    seis- six
    siete- seven
    ocho- eight
    nueve- nine
    diez- ten
    once- eleven
    doce- twelve

Countries

Spain- España
    Brasil- Brazil
    Inglaterra- England
    Finlandia- Finland
    Alemania- Germany
    Italia- Italy
    Rusia-Russia
    México- Mexico

Question Words

Qué- What
    Dónde/ A Dónde/ De Dónde- Where/ To where/ Of where
    Quién- Who
    Cuál- which
    Cuánto- How many
    Cómo- How
    A Qué hora- At what time
    Cuándo- When
    Por Qué- Why
    Last edited by Música101; 05-29-2008 at 05:10 PM.

Música101 said:

No one wants to learn Spanish?

3. dmoney101 said:

i think most people here know the basics

thanks for the effort though

rydizzle said:

yeah, i got the basics, but if you want to sponsor a trip to spain to learn in a spanish environment, i will be more than willing to leave and go.
    "la gata sin motiva baila reggaeton pa'l piso"

5. san said:

Yup...know the basics also...it's the 'non-basics' that are difficult lol

6. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Yup...know the basics also...it's the 'non-basics' that are difficult lol
    slang is what gets most people. damn dominicans come up with new stuff every day and that's the main music i listen to, so i'm confused through half of every song lol

7. san said:

Lol dmoney....who do you listen to? Can you give me some suggestions as to who is good? I know...it won't help with my Spanish! hehe

istanbulgal said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    slang is what gets most people. damn dominicans come up with new stuff every day and that's the main music i listen to, so i'm confused through half of every song lol
    You are right. I am fluent, yet find it difficult to translate songs on this forum that contains a lot of slang...when i was visiting Colombia and Cuba, i had such difficult time understanding songs on the radio.

9. dmoney101 said:

Lol dmoney....who do you listen to? Can you give me some suggestions as to who is good? I know...it won't help with my Spanish! hehe
    i'll give you some websites to check out. as for rap local (dominican rap) Toxic Crow, Cromo, and the rest of Complot Records are all good. Vakero is pretty good (gotta show love to another Blood- Soo Woo), Sheng, Shelow Shaq. I pretty much can find at least one good song from every one on any of the sites i listed. I just hate Lapiz Conciente (even though he has really good beats).

www.banicrazy.net
    www.flowhot.net
    www.flowexclusivo.com
    www.losbandoleros.com

10. san said:

Thanks dmoney. I'll have a listen!

11. dmoney101 said:

Thanks dmoney. I'll have a listen!
    yea, i like it more than English rap cuz they're more influenced by old school. Toxic Crow has a straight up old school flow, i love it!

12. La_Morena_Mami said:

damn I'm Panamanian y Jamaican I know more puerto tican slang than anything anyone panamanian that wanna help me with my roots LOL

13. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by La_Morena_Mami View Post
    damn I'm Panamanian y Jamaican I know more puerto tican slang than anything anyone panamanian that wanna help me with my roots LOL
    if you're part Jamaican, you might as well start with dominican stuff because they sound like jamainicans speaking spanish whenever they talk (i wish i had an accent like that )

14. La_Morena_Mami said:

oh wow I never really knew that I only really be around puerto ricans alot wow I need dominicans friends LOL I really dont know patua that's Jamaican language when my dad talks its just crazy but **** I thought Dominicans could sound like hatians cuz they do share the same island but damn I do need dominican friends

15. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by La_Morena_Mami View Post
    oh wow I never really knew that I only really be around puerto ricans alot wow I need dominicans friends LOL I really dont know patua that's Jamaican language when my dad talks its just crazy but **** I thought Dominicans could sound like hatians cuz they do share the same island but damn I do need dominican friends
    yea, there's this one song i listen to se llama Color Cristal and the guy sounds 100% jamaican it's crazy. i wish i had the same accent

16. pitbull_toma said:

-S@R@- first, I want to know the alphabet and the pronunciation, the numbers, the conjugation of the verbs (the regular аnd the irregular verbs), the degrees of comparison ( I mean more ... , the most ... , ... -er, the ... -est, as ... as, ... then ... and ect.) .Then the syntax (The Tenses,The formation of the active and negative sentences,The Passive and The Active voice,The reported speach and so on).Or for short - everything but I think that It's impossible for you to explain everyting to me.So tell me some phrases which are in general currency and which I can use everywhere (I mean "Qe pasa?", "Caliente", "Loco" and so on).Please -S@R@- if you can - do it. If you want, I will teach you of some bulgarian in return.

maria_gr said:

@pitbull_toma: I moved your post here cause "learning bulgarian" thread wasn't appropriate for your request. I'm not spanish but i know quite well and I can help you a little bit with simple things like the pronunciation, conjugation of the verbs etc.
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

xiurell said:

The following chart shows the capital letters along with name of each letter.

A: a (like a man
    B: be (like bit, bus
    C: ce (like theme before -e and -i, k before the other vowels
    CH: che (chees)
    D: de (like doubt)
    E: e (like elephant)
    F: efe (fance)
    G: ge (geese before -a, -o, -u and like hook in the other cases
    H: hache (has no sound)
    I: i (english)
    J: jota (house but more strong
    K: ka (kilo
    L: ele (lamb
    LL: elle (yatch
    M: eme (mom
    N: ene (nothing
    Ñ: eñe (champagne)
    O: o (port)
    P: pe (park)
    Q: cu ( the same as k)
    R: ere (has 2 sound on is strong and the other weak)
    S: ese (sun) always is silent
    T: te (similar too)
    U: u (zoo)
    V: ve (like b
    W: uve doble (just for foreign words) wisky, wagon
    X: equis (texas)
    Y: i griega ( like i and ll
    Z: zeta (like thema)

the letters of the alphabet are feminine: la a, "the 'a'"; la b, "the 'b.'"

In south Spain and Latin America c is pronounced la s before -e and -i

Sochko said:

I'm not Spaniard, but I study Spanish lang. at university. I speak it fluently as well, but I still find the Spanish spoken in Spain more specific than the one spoken in Mexico, let's say. My former teacher is a Mexican and I was quite used to the Mexican sound and pronounciation of the Spanish, but now at university there are professors from Spain strictly, so I somehow had to get used to the more difficult (but according to me more melodic) castellano. Oh, yeah, and I completely removed the seseo from usage. xP But I like the castellano a lot. (catalán as well, but there is no one to teach me catalán here =) At first, I found it complicated to pronounce the /z/ and /c/ in rapid speech. But now, as our professor is from Madrid and we communicate every day, it's no big deal anymore. He even "imposed" his madrid /j/,/g/ to us, so now my friend from Asturias tells me I was talking posh, since people from Madrid were considered pijos. (Is 'posh' the correct translation of 'pijo'? :S never mind xP)
    I quite like the argentinian accent as well. It has a unique touch somehow
    I like that you guys discuss many different spanish dialects here. It's interesting to compare and learn sth new than what you're already studying.
    Greetings to all!
    'I have a cane and I know how to use it.'

xiurell said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sochko View Post
    I'm not Spaniard, but I study Spanish lang. at university. I speak it fluently as well, but I still find the Spanish spoken in Spain more specific than the one spoken in Mexico, let's say. My former teacher is a Mexican and I was quite used to the Mexican sound and pronounciation of the Spanish, but now at university there are professors from Spain strictly, so I somehow had to get used to the more difficult (but according to me more melodic) castellano. Oh, yeah, and I completely removed the seseo from usage. xP But I like the castellano a lot. (catalán as well, but there is no one to teach me catalán here =) At first, I found it complicated to pronounce the /z/ and /c/ in rapid speech. But now, as our professor is from Madrid and we communicate every day, it's no big deal anymore. He even "imposed" his madrid /j/,/g/ to us, so now my friend from Asturias tells me I was talking posh, since people from Madrid were considered pijos. (Is 'posh' the correct translation of 'pijo'? :S never mind xP)
    I quite like the argentinian accent as well. It has a unique touch somehow
    I like that you guys discuss many different spanish dialects here. It's interesting to compare and learn sth new than what you're already studying.
    Greetings to all!
    I'm Spaniard and I speak Catalan too, so if you have any doubt I'll be glad to help you. Και μαθαίνω τα Ελληνικά πριν λίγους μήνες