Learning Spanish language

Thread: Learning Spanish language

Tags: None

bebestylee said:

Quote Originally Posted by MaresLejanos View Post

Yo he estado estudiando Español por 5 años de vez en cuando
    Yo he estado estudiando Español por 5 años por momentos
    That doesn't sound right to me....but then again...i'm Puerto Rican.! lol
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

Más qué = more than (comparating) EX: "Este libro es más aburrido que ese otro libro" (This book is more boring than the other)

Más de = more of (more quantity of something) EX: "Hay más libros de los que pensaba" (There are more books than I thought!, "llegaron más libros de historia" ("llegaron más de los libros de historia) (it arrived more histoty books//not sure if it's this way in English), "Hay más de cien invitados" (There are more of 100 guests)

mejor = adjetive, it goes with que normally, so mejor que. EX: "¡Mejor que te portes bien!" (You better behave well), "Esa silla es mejor que esta" (That chair is better tahn this one). "No hay mejor estación que el verano" (There isn't better station than summer)

Exception: Es lo mejor para ti (It's better for you). Mejor así (It's better this way)
    Muchas graX amiga

3. MaresLejanos said:

Quote Originally Posted by bebestylee View Post
    That doesn't sound right to me....but then again...i'm Puerto Rican.! lol
    Yes... It doesn't sound right to me either... Too strange and even it doesn't sound good for me.

4. MaresLejanos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Loca-por-Ba!le View Post
    Muchas graX amiga
    Yor're very welcome !

5. dmoney101 said:

Yes... It doesn't sound right to me either... Too strange and even it doesn't sound good for me.
    yea, it kinda reminds me of when someone who doesn't speak much of a language just puts words together and it sounds really weird, but you know what they're trying to say jaja

6. MaresLejanos said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    yea, it kinda reminds me of when someone who doesn't speak much of a language just puts words together and it sounds really weird, but you know what they're trying to say jaja
    Like me when I write in English I would love to see the face of anyone who's reading what I wrote and wondering "What the hell is she trying to say?" hehehe

DeBaires said:

Like me when I write in English I would love to see the face of anyone who's reading what I wrote and wondering "What the hell is she trying to say?" hehehe
    Haha, your English is much better than that of a lot of the people in ATL

8. dmoney101 said:

at least you speak english. that's more than a lot of people i know can say jaja. and i understand everything you say perfectly fine

9. MaresLejanos said:

at least you speak english. that's more than a lot of people i know can say jaja. and i understand everything you say perfectly fine
    Thank you I'm trying to improve my English, I started taking English more seriusly in February... Not long time ago

DeBaires said:

Thank you I'm trying to improve my English, I started taking English more seriusly in February... Not long time ago
    Bueno, te cuento que te esta llendo perfectamente bien!

11. MaresLejanos said:

Diegoooooooooo !

Al fin te veo !

Gracias

DeBaires said:

Diegoooooooooo !

Al fin te veo !

Gracias
    SI! tanto tiempo. Que contas?

(Contestame en lo de "general chit-chat off topic", dale?)

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

What's the meaning of "non" ??

grX

14. dmoney101 said:

that's it? wow, you speak really well for such a short period of time

15. MaresLejanos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Loca-por-Ba!le View Post
    What's the meaning of "non" ??

grX
    It's the first time I read/heard "non", I even didn't know that word. I looked for it in RAE and I found it. The first meaning is "no". The second meaning is for non [par]... Something new two.

Look at here, I'll send you a PM translating those meannings:

http://buscon.rae.es/draeI/SrvltGUIB...BUS=3&LEMA=non

Kiss friend

16. MaresLejanos said:

that's it? wow, you speak really well for such a short period of time
    Yes... Until January last year, I just knew "write in present", all the persons for me were the same (I mean: he/she/its uses do instead of does, have instead of has and so on...). And I didn't respect any structure, because I didn't know them . I guess, read at my writtens at those times were really funny ! And of course, now I know a lot more of vocabulary, so it's eassier for me now read or write (I use the dictionary few times).

At least now I can write in English by my own (good or bad) and I don't need to call somebody else for it like I was used to do last year . So... I'm getting better, but of course I'm still learning !
    Last edited by MaresLejanos; 12-21-2008 at 10:03 AM.

17. dmoney101 said:

Yes... Until January last year, I just knew "write in present", all the persons for me were the same (I mean: he/she/its uses do instead of does, have instead of has and so on...). And I didn't respect any structure, because I didn't know them . I guess, read at my writtens at those times were really funny ! And of course, now I know a lot more of vocabulary, so it's eassier for me now read or write (I use the dictionary few times).

At least now I can write in English by my own (good or bad) and I don't need to call somebody else for it like I was used to do last year . So... I'm getting better, but of course I'm still learning !
    that's kinda how i know spanish jaja. i can do some past tense (i don't know hardly any irregular verbs though) and present. i kinda know future tense (i can't use it myself though) but that's it. conjugating verbs in spanish is such a huge pain!

18. MaresLejanos said:

that's kinda how i know spanish jaja. i can do some past tense (i don't know hardly any irregular verbs though) and present. i kinda know future tense (i can't use it myself though) but that's it. conjugating verbs in spanish is such a huge pain!
    Yes verbs in spanish are toooooo difficult for who comes from a not romance language !.

You should use the RAE page to know how to write a verb for a determinated persona and time. Look for the verb in "diccionario" and press the blue button "conjugar". Then you have all the tenses for that verb without the perfect forms.

www.rae.es

Let you try with one , remember the order of the persons:
    Singular
    Yo

El/Ella

Plural
    Nosotros
    Vosotros/Ustedes
    Ellos/Ellas

Because there the persons aren't written
    It doesn't teach you how to conjugate, but at least it shows you how the verbs are written.

Here are some verbs more, just make clik on them, there you can see the form of the perfect tenses :

http://www.verbolog.com/conjuga.htm

walking_on_air10 said:

how do you say "nevermind" in spanish?

bedroomeyes said:

I guess you could say, 'olvídalo' or something along the lines of, 'no te preocupes'. I like your new avatar by the way.