Learning Spanish language

Thread: Learning Spanish language

Tags: None

xiurell said:

Quote Originally Posted by Loca-por-Ba!le View Post
    Thanks BAGurl .. Thank Zahra2008 .. Even after the EN translation I feel it's strange .. I think it's because my great English
    It's just a way for saying YES= sí (pues sí) notice the accent on the í

or you can say No saying pues no

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

Thank u. Thank u. Thank u xiurell

Ya entiendo muy bien

Perdón , no puse el acento xq no estuve segura q la "sí" en la frase es la "sí" misma q significa "yes"

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

¡Hola! ....

Yo leí esta frase "Ella no se va todavía" , ¿q significa?

¿No puedo decir "Ella no se fue todavía"? ¿No es mejor así?

Y esta frase : ¿Hacia dónde va él? ¡¡¡Va a buscar el teléfono !!!! ... ¿q significa ??

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

¿Hay diferencia entre "ir a -lugar-" y "estar yendo a -lugar-"

Ejemplo : Yo voy a la escuela , Estoy yendo a la escuela ??

GraaaX de antemano

5. BAGurl said:

well, both are ok...

I guess, trying to place myself in a situation where I could use this phrasing is, let's give a practical example:

you, me and xiurell are at a party, then xiurell comes asking if you're leaving already. since you're standing next to me, I would speak on your behalf and say: "Ella no se va todavía xiurell"
    now, let's say you're in the bathroom and xiurell and me in the kitchen, and he asks me if you have left already, then I'd say: "Ella no se fue todavía"

It's not really a rule, but I guess that's the way I've always used it. And it also depends on the tense that is used in the question asked.
    "-Ella ya se va?" "-Ella no se va todavía..."
    "-Ella ya se fue??? No la veo por ningún lado." "-No, ella no se fue todavía"

Hope it makes sense to you. I'm sure someone else has a dictated rule for this.

6. BAGurl said:

hacia donde means where or "where to", indicates direction, to the place you're going

to = hacia
    where = donde

7. BAGurl said:

as far as using the present simple or present continous is the same as in english

using the present simple indicates that is a habit or an action frequently performed. "voy a la escuela" = "I go to school" It means simply that you attend to
    Now, if you say "Estoy yendo a la escuela" = "I'm going to school" It implies that you're in the process of performing the action described in the sentence at the very same moment you're speaking. (e.g.: you're on your way, or putting your backpack on, stepping out the door)

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

Quote Originally Posted by BAGurl View Post
    well, both are ok...

I guess, trying to place myself in a situation where I could use this phrasing is, let's give a practical example:

you, me and xiurell are at a party, then xiurell comes asking if you're leaving already. since you're standing next to me, I would speak on your behalf and say: "Ella no se va todavía xiurell"
    now, let's say you're in the bathroom and xiurell and me in the kitchen, and he asks me if you have left already, then I'd say: "Ella no se fue todavía"

It's not really a rule, but I guess that's the way I've always used it. And it also depends on the tense that is used in the question asked.
    "-Ella ya se va?" "-Ella no se va todavía..."
    "-Ella ya se fue??? No la veo por ningún lado." "-No, ella no se fue todavía"

Hope it makes sense to you. I'm sure someone else has a dictated rule for this.
    Thank u. Thank u for ur effort ... OK , it goes better with me now. Thanks

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

hacia donde means where or "where to", indicates direction, to the place you're going

to = hacia
    where = donde
    Thank u.

But I have a question : It says : "¿Hacia dónde va él? Va a buscar el teléfono" ... It asks about the place , as u said , so why did it answer with the action not with the place ??

Thank u .

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

as far as using the present simple or present continous is the same as in english

using the present simple indicates that is a habit or an action frequently performed. "voy a la escuela" = "I go to school" It means simply that you attend to
    Now, if you say "Estoy yendo a la escuela" = "I'm going to school" It implies that you're in the process of performing the action described in the sentence at the very same moment you're speaking. (e.g.: you're on your way, or putting your backpack on, stepping out the door)

aha , Esto es lo q siempre digo. Pero el problema es q en los sitios de aprender las lenguas, ponen fotos refieren al Gerundio, pero usan en este lugar el presente simple grrrrrrrr. jajajaja

Bueno , Muchas gracias

ahmednimo said:

ciao loca
    soy ahmed de Egipto
    exactlly from el mansoura do you know it?
    its very nice to be friendes>>>>>> here<<<<<<

12. BAGurl said:

yeah, I know what you mean Loca... you may hear that people use it indistinctively, but that doesn't mean it's the right usage

but, like I always tell everyone, it's best if you learn it the right way, you'll always be able to twist inside out later on

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

Thank u Barbie .. Nice nick

Oh, u're from Argentina ! ...

mmm ok , I have a question...

R these two letters "K,W" Spanish ?? I mean r they a part of SP alphabet?? or no ??

Bcoz I read in a book that they r not a part of Spanish alphabet, but used to write foriegn words. And I found them in other book enter the alphabet !!! What is right ??

Thank u in advance

14. MaresLejanos said:

Hello loquita!
    In school when they teach us the alphabet, they are included... I guess they are in our alphabte, they aren't that used as the other letters are, I can remember:

We use k in kilo, kiwi, kiosco. It's used in words that come from Greek or another foreing languages.

W in kiwi I can't remember another word with this letter. I could read in RAE that this letter is acepted in my language, but because of all the foreing words we use. And it depends of where is the foreing word come from, it's the sound of that letter. So it's in our alphabet, because it was accepted and inlcuded, and it's name is "doble uve" or "doble ve", but there aren't spanish word with this letter.
    Last edited by MaresLejanos; 04-04-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

ahaaaaaaaa ok

Thank u my friend MaresLejanos .... Glad bcoz I saw u finally

Zahra2008 said:

Thank u Barbie .. Nice nick

Oh, u're from Argentina ! ...

mmm ok , I have a question...

R these two letters "K,W" Spanish ?? I mean r they a part of SP alphabet?? or no ??

Bcoz I read in a book that they r not a part of Spanish alphabet, but used to write foriegn words. And I found them in other book enter the alphabet !!! What is right ??

Thank u in advance
    yeah both letters are part of our alphabet as already Mares explained to you..

p.s.
    my name is Karla, so I love K
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

hshaha ok ThanX

But, isn't it foreign name ??

Zahra2008 said:

hshaha ok ThanX

But, isn't it foreign name ??
    Karla or Carla, is the femenine of Carlos = Charles in English, and yes darling it is foreign, almost the 99% of our names are... Spanish, English, French, Russians, ect...

a few "mexicans" names that I know are:

Citlalli
    Xotchil
    Cuahtemoc

viciousz_love said:

how would you say don't tell me to shut up

no me digas callar
    or
    no me hagas callar

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by viciousz_love View Post
    how would you say don't tell me to shut up

no me digas callar
    or
    no me hagas callar
    no me digas que me calle....