Learning Spanish language

Thread: Learning Spanish language

Tags: None
  1. momper said:

SoyPoliglota said:

Peliculas Españolas
    Series Españolas
    There you can find spanish films and series

Lyssa: I'm not sure, but I think that it's just an idea for now.. They havent filmed Tengo ganas de ti yet, but I am sure it will be popular as 3MSC was, so it's pretty sure there will be an acontinuation of that great love story.. I read that there will be a colaboration with Moccia, but they don't even have an idea or a name for the third part yet

velvet_sky said:

ah gracias, voy a checkar estos lugares
    Tose Proeski - The Hardest Thing --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKRrADJ7j3E
    * Agapi mou gurna pisw, Mou Leipeis... :[

velvet_sky said:

Hiii, I have a question.... here on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJEUWP6_374&ob=av2n Ricky martin is singing que bella eres, me recuerda las olas y el mar ... why it's not used the form 'recuerdas' but instead the imperative is used? is there any rule of that when we should use one, and another?

Lyssa said:

I think he sings "que bella eres, me recuerda las olas y el mar" to say she is so beautiful that IT reminds him of the waves and the sea, so it is just the third person singular of the verb

xiurell said:

you're right Lyssa

7. berry said:

Hi,xiurell !

As far as I know,you can speak Catalonian and I want to your help ...

There is a song that I want to know its meaning,can you translate this into english,please ? I really need your help.

Zahra2008 recommended you to me in that link :
    http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/le...sh-please.html
    The song that I want to know is also here.

Thank you very much in advance :-)

xiurell said:

Here the lyrics and translation into spanish I have no time to make the English translation maybe someone can do it now.

Des de la nit
    brolla la llum
    que ens crida a despertar

Desde la noche
    brota la luz
    que nos llama para despertar

Som a l'albada
    i la terra es manifesta
    un país precís
    que es fa ben cert
    des del somni secular.

Estamos en los albores
    y la tierra se manifiesta
    un pais preciso
    que es bien cierto (real)
    desde el sueño secular

Som a l'albada
    i la terra es va fent clara,
    un antic país
    que hem d'endreçar
    i portar a l'avenir.

Estamos en los albores
    y la tierra se va haciendo clara
    un antiguo pais
    que tenemos que limpiar (poner en orden)
    y llevar hacia el futuro.

Des de l'hivern
    mouen els brots
    que l'arbre cobriran de flor.

Desde el invierno
    se mueven los brotes
    que el arbol cubriran de flores

Des de les serres
    a la mar i a les estrelles,
    un país ardent
    engendrarà
    l'enyorada llibertat

Desde las sierras
    al mar y a las estrellas
    un pais ardiente
    engendrará
    la añorada libertad

Des de la història
    ens aguaita la memòria,
    un antic país
    que hem d'endreçar
    i portar a l'avenir.

Desde la historia
    nos mira la memoria
    un antiguo pais
    que tenemos que arreglar
    y llevar hacia el futuro

Poble menut,
    harca i juí,
    que el dia està arribant
    són els nostres fills
    qui gestaran
    una terra en llibertat.

Pueblo pequeño
    harca y juicio,
    que el día está llegando
    son nuestros hijos
    los que gestarán
    una tierra en libertad

L'aire està moguent per la
    llibertat
    i el vent de ponent girarà en
    llevant.

El aire se mueve por la libertad
    y el viento de poniente girará a levante

9. berry said:

Ok xiurell,finding english meaning of this song is easier for me now,thank you anyway :-)

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by berry View Post
    Ok xiurell,finding english meaning of this song is easier for me now,thank you anyway :-)

told you, Xiurell is a genious !!
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

11. berry said:

Yes,you told me :-D

velvet_sky said:

Hola a todos! I am a little bit confused with the Spanish pronouns, they actually seem to be the most difficult part of all the grammer
    So here is what I want to ask:

so the sentence: Una cancion muy bella (beautiful song). I love it! (so how should we translate this into Spanish?) is it Me la encanta ('me' refers that I like it, and la refers to the song which is feminine? ... or maybe it should be la me encata (the same but the 'it' should be before the direct pronoun? ... if I get it right, me is direct pronoun, and la is indirect pronoun, right? )

ooooor, maybe it should be me le encanta, or le me encanta? loool four suggestions and I don't really know which one is the right one, sooo please heelp!!! and if you could please, give me some explanation which one is the right one and why, and how do we know where to put the direct or indirect ? thanks in advance!
    Last edited by velvet_sky; 08-07-2011 at 07:14 AM.

13. momper said:

Bad news: "encantar" is an intransitive verb.

(Esta canción) me encanta. Here "me" is an indirect pronoun.

velvet_sky said:

sorry but I can't get what you mean with intransitive verb? are there any other verbs like this? and where is the 'it' then? as in English when you want to say 'I like something' , that something should be refered to with 'it' ???? double confusion for me!!!

Edit: and how do you understand that 'me' is an indirect pronoun in this case lol???

15. momper said:

As you know, an intransitive verb doesn´t need a direct object. For example, the verb "to bloom".

In English "to like" is transitive, hence your confusion.

I´m not good with the grammar, maybe this "me" isn´t a indirect object. Sorry. I shall find out it.

velvet_sky said:

hmm it seems that even in English I can't remember that rule for the transitive and intransitive verbs lool. can you please give me some more examples for such verbs in Spanish and their translations into English?

17. momper said:

From the Royal Academy.
    ENCANTAR:
    2. Cuando significa ‘gustar mucho’, es intransitivo; lo que gusta o agrada funciona como sujeto y el complemento de persona es indirecto: «A Fabio le encanta crear complicaciones» (Shand Delmonte [Arg. 1987]); «A los griegos les encantaba la mitología» (Mundo [Esp.] 30.9.95).

If it's any consolation to you I don't understand either.

velvet_sky said:

Ok, thanks! I will remember that rule for the verb encantar But I am still wondering how I can find out which verb is like this in Spanish? or maybe there is a list with such verbs following that rule lol? Anyway, thanks for you help, I really do appreciate it!

19. momper said:

Maybe this helps you:

«Los verbos intransitivos son los que expresan acciones que no transitan: que no salen del sujeto activo para ir a recaer sobre algún objeto directo, es decir, que la acción de estos verbos se queda en el sujeto mismo.

Ejemplos de verbos intransitivos:

El hijo del rey sueña.
    Los rosales florecieron en esta primavera.
    Ellas viven tranquilas. Margarita enrojeció de pena.
    Los verbos sueña, florecieron, viven, enrojeció, no pasan su acción a persona ni objeto alguno».

velvet_sky said:

Oh, wait a second... I think I got it now loool so, since 'encanta' is the 3rd person singular, it refers to the thing we are speaking of (in the case I gave above it is 'the song') sooo, basically I only should point out the pronoun which shows who is doing the expression, in my case it's 'me' (because I like the song) .... sooo it's like I (me) like it (encanta, because encanta refers to the 3rd person singular, which is the song) ... so if it was meant to be liked by you, I would say, tu te (you) encanta (it, the song) ... looool did I get it right, now?

EDIT: aaaand something more, if I was about to use the 1st person singular, showing that I am doing the expression, then I should use 'encanto' instead of 'encanta', therefore in this case we should point an other pronoun except for the 'me' (I).... example: me LA encanto ( in this case , LA refers to the song, encanto and me refer to 'ME' - I am doing the expression' (is that correct )