Unidentified popsong

Thread: Unidentified popsong

Tags: None

Yrishka said:

Default Unidentified popsong

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a song I heard at a restaurant the other day. It's a popsong, I have reason to believe it is Lebanese or Egyptian, and the only thing I can tell about it is that is has a nice tempo, the singer (female) has a very sweet, childlike voice and at some point in the lyrics she rhymes "Aisha" with "Shisha". I think in the background every few sentences women sang something like "Laa laa". I'm not sure.

"..........Aisha"
    laala
    '..........Shisha"
    laala

Is the only thing I remember, but it's so hard, I don't speak Arabic!

I didn't know where else to post it. I'm hoping my weird description makes sense to somebody:, I've been playing it in my head ever since, I'm crazy about this song. If anybody would be able to identify it, I'd like the lyrics in phonetic Arabic.

pretty please?
    Thanks!!

Daydream said:

ohh it's Marwa - Motreb Hambouli

She's originally Lebanese, but she always sings in the Egyptian dialect

and here you go the song has already been translated http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/336699-post8.html
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

Yrishka said:

Dear Daydream,

THANK YOU! Lol reading the translation makes me think it's a really silly song, no? Is it just meant to be silly, or is there a meaning behind the sillyness? is there a certain context to the song in which it would make sense?

Thanks again, I didn't believe anybody would get that out of the description I just gave lol. You're good!!!::

Yrishka said:

Oh and what is a 'boleeka'?

majdn said:

Since your not Arabic, you should know this singer is not only silly
    but shes vulgar and weird lol her songs makes no sense what so ever

boleeka is a joke or prank

Yrishka said:

Dear Majdn thanks for replying! I am really wondering know about the meangins to those words she uses in this song. Marwa has done some folksongs too right? I read Layla Nazmi wasn't too happy about it.
    Marwa seems to be somebody who does whatever she feels like doing. I think some of her songs are cute though even if they don't make sense lol . I just found Azooza a while ago too...

I think in some sentences she explains the words right? Could you help me with some of the other words she uses in the song as well??

hambakeka, kan derely, 7alabesa songs, nono kawanono, 7amboly singer, sawary, 7awary, fabrateeka, forkeesha, taralaly, aman ya lalaly...

Thanks for the help!!

Daydream said:

hehe ya some of her songs are cute, but I'd say Marwa is an acquired taste.. most people don't like her.. and yes, I'd agree she's a singer that does what she wants and isn't really concerned with what people think..

For the meanings of the words in her song.. I'd have to ask someone Egyptian since I don't really know what they mean IF they do have a meaning at all

Daydream said:

ok I asked a buddy on MSN and he says it's all nonsense words.. they don't really have a meaning.

PaulScirylehtlla said:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Yrishka View Post
    THANK YOU! Lol reading the translation makes me think it's a really silly song, no? Is it just meant to be silly, or is there a meaning behind the sillyness? is there a certain context to the song in which it would make sense?
    Hey Yrishka, although I am the most absolute beginner in Arabic, in irony and dissimulation I could say I have some experience, like any other :P, and I believe that behind these words There Is some meaning, just look at Rola Saad's Daloou3a that is a more obvious critic and irony targeted at Nancy :P, it's so easy, first it's DALOU3A = SPOILED, then it's Bassem Feghali (1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) who does this often, i.e. imitating female arabic singers, and think about Ya Salam style (original version), all-around-plasty and Ya tabtab pret-a-porter... And speaking about irony and sarcasm, I would say that Rola connect it more with images, while Marwa connect it more with words. I think a egyptian student in Languages and Literatures could reveal completely all the senses for us...
    Last edited by PaulScirylehtlla; 06-11-2008 at 01:37 PM.

PaulScirylehtlla said:

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePaul87 View Post
    Hey
    No new opinions? :P Anyway, I think that these 'conflicts' stimulate the artists to improve their work, to get to a new level of virtuosity... Regarding Nancy and Rola, I love them both, the former I know since now 2 years and she's one of my preferred female artist, and the latter I discovered just now 2 months, yet she impressed me with 3an eznak, yana yana and dalou3a...

Yrishka said:

Hey George Paul, that;s exactly what I thought!! That there might be a meaning after all. I came to the conclusion when on another forum nobody could tell me what the hell boleeka meens, but then Majdn could!! I'm really hoping somebody can shed a light on this. (Majdn, where are you? )

I'm hoping to find out if there's some sort of 'thing' behind the other words as well (hambouli singer, etc.). Thank you so much for the clips. I've liked Rola as well for quite a while. Nancy I knew for longer and I very much like her songs.

By the way, would you know where I could find the lyrics for 3an eznak? I'm looking for a translation. Guess it needs another thread.

Thank you very much for replying!

PaulScirylehtlla said:

Quote Originally Posted by Yrishka View Post
    I'm hoping to find out if there's some sort of 'thing' behind the other words as well (hambouli singer, etc.).
    I think the same way, Warda looks foolish and childish, and maybe the songs are, but it's an illusion... I think she is really smart and mature, and behind all this is a plan and a strategy, especially with this big competition in the arabic world concerning the music industry :P
    Last edited by PaulScirylehtlla; 06-11-2008 at 05:29 PM.

Daydream said:

Most of the songs made without any real meaning are just meant to dance to.. they're more for the music, just something to hear

dallou3e does mean spoiled but in Arabic it's a compliment cuz it's usually targeted to describe the pretty cute girlie girls

For Roula this is my faaaavorite song: I found a clip with the translation.. although the translation is a bit off it still gives the idea of the song hehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-gd_bzji8U I never get sick of this song

PaulScirylehtlla said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream View Post
    Most of the songs made without any real meaning are just meant to dance to.. they're more for the music, just something to hear
    Yes Daydream, you're right, most of the songs are made just for fun, and Rola's songs are really entertaining :P, and some artists may combine the fun with some irony, why not?

@Yrishka: Regardin 'nono kawanono', for example, I remember that I heard before the 'nono' word in Nancy's '3sfoury el nono', and here is the translation... Anonymus gives this explanation:

'Anonymous said...
    noonoo is an Egyptian Arabic term of endearment meaning "small". Sort of like "teeny weeny".'

majdn said:

They simply mean nothing, I even asked my mother lol

She said they don't have any kind of meaning, simply she just puts words that rhyme together.. call her shakespeare of our time lol

majdn said:

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePaul87 View Post
    No new opinions? :P Anyway, I think that these 'conflicts' stimulate the artists to improve their work, to get to a new level of virtuosity... Regarding Nancy and Rola, I love them both, the former I know since now 2 years and she's one of my preferred female artist, and the latter I discovered just now 2 months, yet she impressed me with 3an eznak, yana yana and dalou3a...

wait wait wait wait...please don't compare ROLA << yuck to the beautiful Nancy Ajram

first of all, all Nancy songs have a meaning..what word in Nancy's songs don't u understand ? lol

PaulScirylehtlla said:

Quote Originally Posted by majdn View Post
    wait wait wait wait...please don't compare ROLA << yuck to the beautiful Nancy Ajram

first of all, all Nancy songs have a meaning..what word in Nancy's songs don't u understand ? lol
    Hey, I didn't compare them, that's not normal, comparing them two, is just that they are two artist, and I like them both... It's so hard to imagine that? :P

And about Nancy lyrics, I personally don't see in my reply no questions... Do you see one??

Layla said:

Hello, hello! As the song has been identified and you are going off-topic, i will close this thread down and you can continue your chit-chat, beginning from here:

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ar...tml#post381073

Closed