Lydia_the angel said:

Default Tose Proeski's songs- Lyrics and translations

I've decided to open such thread on a demand of
    one dear friend of mine and also from my side,
    to show my deep respect for our Tose, his big contribution for
    the music industry, for his audience, for the people,
    and because of his noble, kind-hearted and
    lovely personality...

I haven't seen a place where can be found both lyrics and translations of his songs, so I think this will be a good start for that...

Some of the songs are both published on Macedonian and on
    Serbo/Croatian language, so many of his fans probably understand the both versions, but for
    the rest I will try to translate as good as I can, though we must admit that the song
    has the very beauty in its own lyrics......

I will post them little by little, as soon as I get
    the lyrics for each of them. If anyone has some special wish for some
    favorite songs, though all are lovely, it will be my pleasure if I can help.

Anyone who likes to take part by posting lyrics or translations it is also welcomed

I hope you will all enjoy in the divine treasure he left to all of us....

Long live the Macedonian legend- Tose Proeski

R.I.P.
    The icon lamp has brighten the sky
    white aureole are knitting the angels for you
    your star extinguished, as soon as I found you, you left
    ***TOŠE FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS***

lollipop said:

Hello, community!

This is a continuing thread to thread about Tose Proeski, and his songs translations.

I have copied Lydia's first post for starting post, so she will stay as Thread Starter (as she deserves to be ), and I have closed the other thread, because 13 pages starts already to be a bit hard to search for a certain song, when people use Forums "Search" function.

Have a nice time here, all Tose Projeski's admirers

Stelly said:

For a short time I was scared what was happened with the page but now I realize thet everything is OK

Lydia, I know about the foundation.. in Octomber I hope I'll have the chance to go to Macedonia and there I'll try to buy a lot of things. In spait of that I have all his songs on my pc, I would like to have his albums and not only them. It's nice that it would be my little contribution..
    Thanks for the lyric translation

Take care of you!

Lydia_the angel said:

I had the same feeling as u dear:-) when I saw my thread
    with just 2 posts I thought OMG what happened, is it possible everything to be lost?! but then when I opened it I saw what was the point:-)

Thanks to our lollipop for the nice guide lines and the useful informations for the members and subscribers to the thread:-)

I don't have problem to continue here, just don't know when the others will open this thread after it will reach some pages will know that the rest of the songs exist in another thread..

I know the thread had too many pages, I'm glad about it actually, because it means how people are interested in Tose's songs and I thought it won't be a problem since the list of the translated songs already appears as sticky thread, so they don't need to browse through the pages. But on the other hand there are lots of them that are not put in the list, those were translated afterwards and the thread hasn't been updated since then.
    I can make the links and send to the moderators, think Veronika was editing the Macedonian section, but I haven't seen her lately.

Anyway, hope there won't be a problem, so we stay here to help as always:-)

Btw Stelly you are welcome about the song;-) and I'm glad you will be coming here:-) I'm expecting many people from this forum to visit us, as they showed their desire and I'm happy to hear it;-)
    We are waiting for u all, I assure u will have nice time
    And I'm glad to hear that u like to contribute into the noble actions that we should always follow like Tose did.

Stay well, xxx

Stelly said:

Hm.. I think that there are people who can't find the link because it's not normal so long time nobody to ask for something..

Anyway I'm here with my question to you Lydia As you probably remember, I've asked you for the translation of "bez tebe" a month ago All that time I realized the lyric in a way which may be it's not correct.. What does actually mean 'vridi'? I thought that "a sta mi vridi vecnost bez tebe" means .. why does I need so much time to forget you, but now when I read other translations I think that it's may be means Why does I have the eternity when you're not here.. ? Please, help me because it's like a mess now

Lydia_the angel said:

Yes, I think the same It will be probably strange for the others, don't know, cause they were also subscribed to the thread and if didn't get in, they got daily messages from that and now we are here to another place

About the song, I think I remember that I've translated it, although there are lots of them translated so far that sometimes I forget which are and which are not

"Sta mi vridi vecnost bez tebe" would mean something similar with the second opinion of yours. I don't know how I have translated it at that time but if u ask me now I would say it means: "What shall I do with the eternity without you" (The eternity has no meaning for me if you/when you are not here)

Hope it is much more clear now, because the literal translation can't be done sometimes but I will translate the words if u wish literally

Sta-what, mi-to me, vridi-means/is worth, vecnost-eternity, bez-without tebe-you

NPazarka said:

Dejgidi mladi ludi godini, I really like it and he sings it so beautifully ! Podsijeca me na ovu lijepu pjesmu : Karanfile, cvijece moje. Can you translate it for me?

Dejgidi ludi mladi godini
    Letnav te kako sivi galabi

Barem se evge mamo nasetav
    Ni sajav vlaska zemja bogata
    Vlajinki momi mamo zaljubiv
    I karav vlaski mamo nevesti
    Last edited by NPazarka; 06-17-2008 at 05:16 AM.

Lydia_the angel said:

Arrow Dejgidi ludi mladi godini- Hey you crazy young years

Yes, he surely does The other one is very nice as well:-)
    This song is from his album "Bozilak"- "Rainbow", it contains 14 old folk Macedonian songs, which are very difficult for singing, but he does that perfectly and in live sounded even better

The lyrics have some mistakes so I corrected them in case you wanna sing along with Tose while you are listening to it

Dejgidi ludi mladi godini
    Letnavte kako sivi galabi

Barem se ergen mamo nashetav
    Niz taa Vlashka zemja bogata

Vlainki momi mamo zaljubiv
    I kara Vlashki mamo nevesti

And here is the translation

Hey you crazy young years

Hey you crazy young years
    you flew away like gray doves*

At least I rambled as a bachelor
    through that Vlach rich country

I fell in love with the Vlach girls, my mother
    and dark Vlach girls, my mother, brides

*Meaning the youth has gone so fast

*Dejgidi is frequently used in these songs, it is an old Macedonian word but can't be translated literally because it was used as an invocation

NPazarka said:

Thank you for translating this beautiful song !

Lydia_the angel said:

Always a pleasure If you need anything else I will be around

Take care, xxx

11. darcdante said:

Hehe, oops. I guess the bigger Tose thread go closed. Here's my request again:

I was hoping that some one could translate this song by Tose, Lagala Nas Mala ("My little one lied about us" I think is the title).

Lyrics:
    Lagala nas mala (Feat. Tony Cetinski) By Tose Proeski

Hej, ko si sad ti
    otkud s tobom moja djevojka

Hej, a koji si ti
    i otkud ona tebe zna

Vidim, sprema se lom
    slomit cu te ako si s njom

Neces gledat' taj film
    kad ti opis promijenim

Ref. 2x
    Lagala nas mala, presla ko budale
    igrala je igru, sa njom nema sale
    jos i danas laze da sam bio prvi
    igrala je igru, to joj je u krvi

Toni, lupas ko lav
    nikad nisam bio tako plav

Tose, imas krose
    boli glava, boli me

Ma, nek ide dovraga sve
    jer ima zena, mogu bez nje

Pricekaj malo, idem i ja
    dosta mi je nevolja

Hvala!

P.S. This is Seriban, right? Cause I sometimes have a hard time telling the difference between Serbian lyrics and Macedonian lyrics

Lydia_the angel said:

Yes, the previous thread got closed from the moderators because it reached many pages so they decided it will be better to open new one

This song is already translated there, so I'm sending you the link. I think Bolonka looked for it. Here it is

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/sl...lations-7.html

Btw, the song is on Serbian/Croatian because it is duet with his Croatian colleague and close friend Toni Cetinski

13. darcdante said:

Hala mnogo! But it's not on the list of all the translations, so can some one add it?

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/sl...tml#post344782

That's a hilarious song!

velvet_sky said:

uhm I like that song

Lydia_the angel said:

Quote Originally Posted by darcdante View Post
    Hala mnogo! But it's not on the list of all the translations, so can some one add it?

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/sl...tml#post344782

That's a hilarious song!
    Well dear many aren't The songs that are already on the list have been translated long ago, and the list hasn't been updated since then. I can't edit the Macedonian section, I was just making the links of it, and some of the moderators put them there at that time...
    That's why many subscribers and visitors of the thread many times asked for some song that has already been translated. I understand them completely, so for now we will have to browse for the songs. I recall which ones are translated but sometimes don't remember all of them because they are many.

And I agree with you all, the song and the video are really funny and sweet

velvet_sky said:

hmm I think I haven't seen the video clip of the song as far as I remember :P .. anyway I will check it out but the song is nice yeah

Lydia_the angel said:

I like the song and the video as well, in a funny way I see that Tose enjoys in it along with Toni You may check here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmylk...eature=related

I hope you will like it too

P.S. I changed the link, because on the previous I sent, the music and the video weren't well attuned
    Last edited by Lydia_the angel; 06-18-2008 at 12:07 PM.

velvet_sky said:

Thanks for the link .. Yeah it funny vid LOOOL
    and one more thing I very much like Tose with glasses and beard he look very cute and handsome like that :* :* :*

velvet_sky said:

btw these days I am watching very much to this vid --> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TIwMOA...eature=related ... I wanna hug him tooooo :[ :[ :[

Stelly said:

Oh My God, what a video!!!!!!! Velvet_sky, thank you for this! I give 10 years from my life just to embrace him.. ;( In the first second of the video my eyes filled with tears... ;( it's so unfair.. in moments like this I can't stop asking myself "WHY???" This video is one of these which always will reminds me who TOSE PROESKI was and how much I love and miss him!

Lydia, thank you too for the help with the lyric of "Bez tebe"! Now everything is clear

Btw, because we talk about vidoes, here's the link of one of my favourite:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LnOTtRij4B4

It's really funny, I love it

Kisses to you all!