Translate Kids Song to Spanish (I just wanna be a sheep)

Thread: Translate Kids Song to Spanish (I just wanna be a sheep)

Tags: None
  1. Blessed said:

Default Translate Kids Song to Spanish (I just wanna be a sheep)

Our church is going to Spanish Caribbean country and will do a sheep theme and need the kids song "I Just Wanna Be a Sheep" translated into Spanish. The words are as follows below. God bless. Great site.

I just wanna be a sheep
    Baa baa baa baa
    I just wanna be a sheep
    Baa baa baa baa
    I pray the Lord my soul to keep
    I just wanna be a sheep
    Baa baa baa baa

I don't wanna be a Pharisee
    Idon't wanna be a Pharisee
    Cause they're not fair, you see
    I don't wanna be a Pharisee.

chorus

I don't wanna be a Sadducee
    I don't wanna be a Sadducee
    Cause they're so sad you see
    I don't wanna bea a Sadducee

chorus

I don't wanna be a hypocrite
    Cause they're not hip with it

chorus

I don't wanna be a Caananite
    Cause they raise cain a lot

chorus

2. dmoney101 said:

what is the meaning of : Pharisee, Sadducee, and Caananite? Are they names or proper english?

3. Blessed said:

The song is based on scripture (the Bible). The names of Saducee and Pharasee are actual names found in the Bible. These were religious jews. Caaninites were residents of Canaan. The translation will be much easier if you are familiar with the Bible application. Thanks

4. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed View Post
    The song is based on scripture (the Bible). The names of Saducee and Pharasee are actual names found in the Bible. These were religious jews. Caaninites were residents of Canaan. The translation will be much easier if you are familiar with the Bible application. Thanks
    ok, i knew Caaninites sounded familiar. I used to go to church, but now i'm not that religious. These are easy lyrics, but i don't know how the 3 names are said, so i'll let somebody else do it for you. if nobody helps after a couple days, i'll go ahead and do it for you

you should know that once this song is translated, it will lose it's relevance since it won't rhyme. also, i don't think there's a proper way to say "hip with it" since that's an old USA slang. there might be in certain countries, but i doubt there's a global way to say it

Luis5606 said:

I agree with the above post. With all due respect it might a little easier to pick a different song. If you still need I can go ahead but ... this song works because of the rhyming and through the use of playing on words and english slang.

For exmaple

"They raise cain alot"
    "Hip with it".

Phrases such as that which have practical meanings but are understand well here, to translate them is going to be literal and technical and it's not going to sound very well. It won't at all rhym nor with it have a nice rhythm.

damarys said:

Hello Blessed!
    I posted a translation for you in the Christian Community thread. I agree with what has been said here. Since I know the song, I took some liberties and came up with alternate lyrics that fit the rhythm.