Qadduka L Mayyas

Thread: Qadduka L Mayyas

Tags: None
  1. kurnbull said:

Default Qadduka L Mayyas

Dear AllLyrics forum people. I would be most entirely grateful if any arabs could tell me where I can get a transliteration of the arabic words for Qadduka L Mayyas. It was sung by Roul Said on the Nomad album by Jesse Cook. I would be really grateful if any of you could post this as I want to teach it to my multicultural choir and need words to teach them...

Many thanks

Katie

2. hanidahshan said:

Hello, Katie...

Before I give you the transliteration, I would like to tell you more about the song itself. Qaddukal Mayyas is originally a pre-Islamic poem that was written by an anonymous Arab poet, that's what I've been told. Maybe a well known poet wrote it recently, I don't really know, but we know for sure that it is one of the writings of legendary Arabic literature in the original standard language. The first four lines of the song is a complement to the beauty of a certain girl by the poet and giving praise to God the Almighty who created such beauty. The next couple of lines talk about how him and this girl are sitting in the gardens "as the flowers shade over us", then she asks him for a kiss and so on and so on. This song is originally sung by one of the most celebrated and venerated Arab singers in the Arab world, his name is "Sabah Fakhri". He is mostly known to sing Qaddukal Mayyas and other famous traditional and love songs. Look him up on Google and listen to the full original version of Qaddukal Mayyas, I am pretty sure you'll love it even more than the one on Jesse Cook's album. I've been referred to this album by my uncle and I heard Qaddukal Mayyas and I noticed it was sort of modernized with Jesse Cook's great playing. However, here is the transliteration:

Qaddukal mayyas ya 'omri
    Ya ghusayn al baan kal yusri
    Inta a'hla al-naas fi nathari
    Jalla mann sawwaka ya qamari

Ana wa 'habibi fi jneina
    Wil warde khayyam 'aleina
    Talab minni wisalo
    Ya rabbi tistor 'aleina

Here's the best possible transliteration for Qaddukal Mayyas. It's a very moving song. If you are really interested in this song, listen to the original. If you can't get one, simply e-mail me. And if you need more information about the song itself or the artist, or maybe the actual translation of the song...or anything, feel free to e-mail me: hanidahshan@yahoo.com

Thanks for your time Katie

Hani

3. Baladna said:

Got the entire lyrics in arabic for Qadukka al mayyas by Sabah Fakhri

قدك المياس يا عمري يا غصين البان كاليسر
    أنت أحلى الناس في نظري جل من سواك يا قمري
    قدك المياس مد مالا لحظك الفتان قتالا
    هل لواصل خلد لا لا لا لا فاقطع الآمال و انتظري
    أنا و حبيبي في جنينة و الورد مخيم علينا
    إن طلب مني وصالو يا رب تستر علينا
    عيونك سود يا محلاهم قلبي تلوع بهواهم
    صار لي سنتين بستناهم حيرت العالم في أمري هذه الاغنيةمالك يا حلوة مالك هو الغرام غير حالك
    فتنوا عليك عذالك لما رأوك بجمالك
    إنت حياتي و روح قلبي بحبك لكن إيه ذنبي
    ما تحطي قلبك على قلبي داوي حبيبك بوصالك
    يا طيره طيري يا حمامة و انزيلي بدمر و الهامة
    هات لمن حب علامة ساعة و خاتم ألماس يكفى عذابي حرام والله
    أنا على ديني جننتيني و على دين العشق حرام و الله
    يا طيره طيري بوادينا و احكي لو ع لي مجفينا
    قولي لو حبك يرضينا يا أسمر يا بو الخال
    أنا على ديني............
    يا طيره يا حلوة تعالي و احكي لو ع اللي شاغل بالي
    قولي لو حبك يحلا لي يا سمر يا بو الخال
    أنا على ديني.............