HOlA!!

Thread: HOlA!!

Tags: None
  1. vaseline said:

Default HOlA!!

hi, im new too! i live in los angeles, but im actually from the republic of georgia (there's some awesome music there by the way), and i speak russian (LOVE russian music too!) Basically, i love all kinds of music, and im always exploring. Im really excited about joining! HI EVeRYONE =D

lollipop said:

Dobro pozhalovat', vaseline!

3. vaseline said:

Talking

spasibo i privet!

Sochko said:

Welcome! =)
    'I have a cane and I know how to use it.'

jandros said:

Quote Originally Posted by vaseline View Post
    ... im actually from the republic of georgia (there's some awesome music there by the way), and i speak russian (LOVE russian music too!) ...
    Hi and welcome! Ok, you're from Georgia where there is awesome music? And you love russian music. I love russian music too, so now you've made me curious about the music of Georgia! I like traditional music, and I also like some techno-rock. May I ask if you have some suggestions? Groups or songs?

I understand a little Russian, but when I write it I always get the endings wrong, and my friend laughs at me .. I'm joking

How do you like LA? I was there a long time ago and I thought it was great, despite all the bad stuff that I heard I think the people are really friendly and helpful. I lived in Inglewood, near the airport.

gini said:

Thumbs up

Hello and welcome
    Feel you at home^^:P
    Even angels can fall in love

7. vaseline said:

Hi everyone! and thanks for being so nice!

jandros--
    if you like traditional music, you should listen to zedashe. they're actually a dance group that performs traditional georgian folk dances, but they play music too, and its pretty cool. sukhishvili and ramishvili also resemble them. the music they dance to is really fun and characteristically georgian.
    i dont know of any georgian techno, and i dont really like some of the rock i've heard, but i really do like this one lady named lela tsurtsumia. Her style is more like pop, but her voice is really amazing and her songs are beautiful.
    Tell me what you think...
    oh, and i have some friends in inglewood! that's pretty cool! i live hollywood, next to the chinese theatre.

jandros said:

...zedashe... sukhishvili and ramishvili ... lela tsurtsumia...
    I'll check all of them out, thanks!

...friends in inglewood!...
    ... Ok, I'll confess: I left part of my heart in Inglewood ... met a beautiful dancer there with a heart of pure gold, and in 4 months we became great friends. But I had to leave, never heard from her again

I know the Chinese theater, I think. Is it on Rodeo Drive, or near it? And close to the expressway? If I remember correctly, it's really pretty in that area.

On Sepulveda Blvd in Inglewood, there was place to rent exotic cars, Maserati, Lamborghini, Ferrari .... I drooled every time we passed it. Is it still there, I wonder?

I need to stop. I'm feeling a little "homesick" now!!

jandros said:

I forgot something! Last summer, September 2007 in Charleston South Carolina, I met 2 extremely nice people from Georgia, Shota and Evgeniya. I had never heard the name Shota before. He was quiet but cool, very interesting They were both about 26-27 years of age. We only talked for about 20-30 minutes, but it was an unforgettable experience for me.

But on this site there are nice people from EVERYWHERE!

10. vaseline said:

Smile

aawww, thats really cute. but hey, maybe someday fate will bring you two together again!
    Rodeo Drive is actually fairly close to where i live, but i dont think we're talking about the same chinese theatre. I meant the one on hollywood boulevard, you know, where are the stars are.
    i dont go by sepulveda too often, but im sure its still there...=D
    why did you ever leave LA?
    and yes, this site is full of incredibly nice people, who have really interesting usernames by the way

jandros said:

Well, there's been a LOT of history since I was there ....

Actually I was there for only 4 months as a military liaison with TRW, working on a software development contract. I worked with about 200 Chinese nationals who all seemed to be brilliant, geniuses!!! And very wonderful people. But most of them didn't go to the Chinese theater, they went to see opera

Maybe I'm not thinking of the same theater ... wish I could remember it better! I spent an evening in Hollywood where there's a big area of interesting shops, and outdoor cafes and stuff like that.....? It was really fascinating.

Interesting usernames, yes. And sometimes you can't easily tell the boys from the girls. Keep that in mind

Also keep in mind that I talk too much, obviously, but I love this site. I know you'll love it too.

jandros said:

Vassy, I think you should start a new Topic about Georgian music! I'm serious; maybe under Community > General Discussion? But if that's not correct, the moderators will move it for you.

I think this video could be a GREAT introduction ... the music, the costumes, colors, everything ... it's very rich and beautiful, I LOVE it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZxGD...eature=related
    Last edited by jandros; 07-08-2008 at 06:05 AM.

Jester said:

Are you a Stone Temple Pilots fan?

If not, why is your username Vaseline?

14. vaseline said:

hey jandros,
    this is the chinese theater:
    http://static.flickr.com/68/217391590_1aa69d4577.jpg
    im sure you saw it while you were here, i hear its world famous!
    im happy you like the georgian music and dance stuff, and maybe you're right about starting the new topic thing, although i dont know if too many people would actually be interested in that...
    and thank you for talking to me; it makes me feel welcome =]

jester--actually, ive never heard of the stone temple pilots.
    when i was registering for the site, i couldn't come up with a username and i looked around my room and saw a bottle of vaseline, and voilà!
    is jester your actual name?