can you help me identify this song??

Thread: can you help me identify this song??

Tags: None
  1. tinamama said:

Default can you help me identify this song??

i've been trying to figure out this song for years...used to hear it in the 90s, someone i dated used to play it a lot and since he was into old school/disco, i assume that's the genre that it is...it sounds that way at least...but i'm not positive...

i just heard it for the first time in years when i was at a store yesterday and now i'm obsessed with learning what it is so i can get a copy of it!

i THOUGHT that it must be called "get up" because they say it soooo many times in the song.

i don't know the lyrics but they say
    "get up, get up, get uuuuuuuuuuup, get! get, get get up!!!"
    something like that
    and the real identifying part of the song i don't know how to type...but it goes something like
    ooah, ooah, ooah, ooah, ooah, ooah, ooah, ooah, ooah, ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooahhh.

i know these are really bad clues...i know how it sounds and i would instantly recognize it when i heard it (like i did yesterday at the store)...

if this helps any, the ooah ooah part is also in another song i used to hear all the time at the same time period but then the song is very different, but it used to throw me off cuz i thought it was this song and then it would change and i'd be all disappointed because the other song isn't as good.

anyway i'm hoping someone here will know this song really well and recognize it.

the more i think of it the more i think that the name WASN'T "get up"...that's just a very frequently repeated lyric in it. seems like i remember my friend calling it something but that wasn't it. *sigh* i really wish that i could have had someone tell me the name yesterday at the store! LOL

tina

2. Musicismyfirstlove said:

LOL, it was the ooah ooah that did it
    It's Foxy with "Get Off "
    Enjoy..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX_FuChIY_M
    or
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQmsXbRWqB4