help to translate for my web page

Thread: help to translate for my web page

Tags: None

rec115 said:

Cool help to translate for my web page

Down below is what I require for translation to tagalog, japanese, russian and any other...Your help will be much appreciated. This here is for my webpage.

This place seems like a place to share some interesting points

hhmmmm..........What can I share about.....ahhh being a Linguist!

Linguist, linguistica, linguistique, lingvisti, языкознание,

γλωσσολογία, linguistik, taalwetenschappen, lingvistik,

sprogvidenskab, 语言学, 言語学, اللغويات, عله اللغه‏ ,

If you spoke every single languages that exist you would

understand 100% of the world. If you were bestowed with this

ability would you create your own language, create something more

bizarre and inexplicable.
    So how many languages do I know so far? hmmmmm
    Two and I'm teaching myself a third language, which equates to a

small percentage although english is widely spoken. It is still a

mere percent. The quest for 100% is beyond my reach. My quest in

life is to reach 10 languages and be fluent with it. This may seem

like an unrealistic goal to others but I believe it is possible.
    Acquiring a language is like opening a door to another Universe,

it is simply remarkable.
    The beauty of learning a foreign language is you can express your

thoughts in any language that best suits you at any moment.
    You can communicate with people from other countries without

having to depend on a book. What I love the most is listening to

foreign music and actually appreciate them.
    I have seen a person who converses in 14 languages, a unique

individual who has influenced me.

Knowing another language is truly an incredible tool, not only are

you learning grammar, culture and race but you are shaping

yourself to be a better person with umlimited bounderies.
    The way I percieve it is.... not to limit yourself.

I dont know what else to say...feel free to add a comment or post

me a question..
    tree of knowledge

NPazarka said:

10 is a lot ...

Flick said:

I really admire what you do. If only I had such will and flaming passion for what Im doing.. And yes, speaking foreign language to people makes you feel good. I remember myself when I learned english fluently and had a first conversation with an englishman and he actually understood everything I'm saying. It was priceless.. I'm learning french at school for 8 years now but I wish I knew french at least half as good as I know english. I hope someday I will have some extraordinary objective like you do.

Flick said:

Let me get you right, you need this text translated into as many languages as possible?

NPazarka said:

Yes Flick! I suppose so

If I had to learn the languages I like + the ones I need, I'd have to learn ; German (wouldn't need all that much), French (yuk! difficult as hell), Turkish (working on it), Arabic, Greek, Spanish and maybe some Bulgarian!

It sounds 'unrealistic' but maybe in some sort of way it's not that unrealistic at all, surely not when you've got a passion and a strong will !

NPazarka said:

It's better that you make a separate thread and ask for the translation .

Flick said:

NPazarka french grammar is easier than english I've got no idea why u find it hard.

NPazarka said:

'I'm learning french at school for 8 years now but I wish I knew french at least half as good as I know english.' -> enough said !

rec115 said:

Thanks for your replys it inspires me more to learning. CHeers everyone.
    tree of knowledge

Flick said:

NPazarka, well the course of learning french in my class ir really poor. Well we know grammar, but we lack speaking and listening skills. Also we lack vocabulary Besides, I only speak english good because I've spent a lot of time in England, I went to school there for 6 months, I was working there, having english friends 4 summers in a row. Also, the stuff Im doing right now, talking with people over the net etc. Films, music, books, internet. Everything does the thing, u all know that.. Learning a language without all these things is a slow process which needs a lot of patience. Eventho it is quite hard, I do not regret it.

I have time and Im bored, so I'll translate that text:

Ši vieta atrodo kaip vieta pasidalinti keliais įdomiais dalykais

hhmmmm..........Apie ką galečiau pasidalinti?......buvimą Lingvistu!

sprogvidenskab, 语言学, 言語学, اللغويات, عله اللغه‏ , lingvistas,

Jei kalbėtum visomis kalbomis, kurios egzistuoja,

tu suprastum 100% pasaulio. Jeigu būtum apdovanotas šiuo

sugebėjimu, sukurtum savo nuosavą kalbą, sukurtum kažka

keisto ir nepaaiškinamo?

Should I finish? or that doesnt include? ;x I got confused. Maybe this isn't even nescessary?
    Last edited by Flick; 07-09-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Nene said:

Rec115,
    honestly I think that having such a passion for languages is somewhere a phenomenon. At least people around me made me believe so....Everytime I mention the languages I'm learning they always wonder. Of course the reactions are different; some say "you must be really talented" and some ask "What for?"....

Well, in fact it is more likely a hobby, something that makes me happy and fulfills my life. Now, this is what I presume you do understand and probably many of those who like this forum

I can translate the above into Hungarian, Slovak, Czech and Polish (=native).
    I can try to translate into German and Spanish as I've been learning these for quite a while
    My Greek, French and Serbian is only at the begginer level, so I wouldn't even dare to try

So, if you need the translations let me know.
    Mivel mindig az okos enged, már rég a hülyék uralkodnak...

ELLADITSA@mac.com said:

Wink Your Like Me, A Language Lover.

Quote Originally Posted by rec115 View Post
    Down below is what I require for translation to tagalog, japanese, russian and any other...Your help will be much appreciated. This here is for my webpage.

sprogvidenskab, 语言学, 言語学, اللغويات, عله اللغه‏ ,

So how many languages do I know so far? hmmmmm
    Two and I'm teaching myself a third language, which equates to a

small percentage although english is widely spoken. It is still a

mere percent. The quest for 100% is beyond my reach. My quest in

life is to reach 10 languages and be fluent with it. This may seem

like an unrealistic goal to others but I believe it is possible.
    Acquiring a language is like opening a door to another Universe,

it is simply remarkable.
    The beauty of learning a foreign language is you can express your

thoughts in any language that best suits you at any moment.
    You can communicate with people from other countries without

having to depend on a book. What I love the most is listening to

foreign music and actually appreciate them.
    I have seen a person who converses in 14 languages, a unique

individual who has influenced me.

Knowing another language is truly an incredible tool, not only are

you learning grammar, culture and race but you are shaping

yourself to be a better person with umlimited bounderies.
    The way I percieve it is.... not to limit yourself.

I dont know what else to say...feel free to add a comment or post

me a question..
    well i want to learn arabic,hebrew ancient latin and ofcourse ancient greek. i speak modern greek and english. i understand italian and spanish (not fluent yet) but there is a book i want to understand and i have to learn to read arabic and hebrew, have the words translated so i can better understand the text. if anyone wants to help, we can unlock the mystery of this book by joseph yahuda 1982 a becklet publication... just type his name in the address bar and you will understand my suspicion of why i want to know this book!!!!
    Last edited by lollipop; 07-13-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Repeatetly breaking Forum rule No 11
    ΖΗΤΩ Η ΕΛΛΑΣ, ΖΗΤΩ Η ΟΡΘΟΔΟΞΙΑ, ΖΗΤΩ Ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ, ΖΗΤΩ ΟΙ ΑΡΧΑΙΑ ΜΑΣ ΙΣΤΟΡΙΑ!!!!!!!!!!!! ΝΑ ΤΟΥΣ ΔΙΔΑΚΣΕΙ ΟΛΟΥΣ ΠΙΑ ΠΟΥ ΕΙΝΑΙ Η ΠΡΑΓΜΑΚΤΙΚΗ ΚΑΙ ΟΛΟΚΛΙΡΩΜΕΝΟΙ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ!!!!!

ELLADITSA@mac.com said:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Flick View Post
    I really admire what you do. If only I had such will and flaming passion for what Im doing.. And yes, speaking foreign language to people makes you feel good. I remember myself when I learned english fluently and had a first conversation with an englishman and he actually understood everything I'm saying. It was priceless.. I'm learning french at school for 8 years now but I wish I knew french at least half as good as I know english. I hope someday I will have some extraordinary objective like you do.
    My cousin George took it for 8 years and couldn't remember anything. If I had it for 8 years I would be speaking it lika a native, at least very good conversation. I have a good ear so I pick up the accent as I learn the language. Its a gift so don't worry if your not perfect. Some people have it some don't. My friend Mino, is someone I will meet soon in Egypt. I think he is a talent scout, becasue he was after me to learn Arab songs once he saw my posted songs on Midomi so now I have to practice. Below he found the lyrics to Titanic for me in his language. I did my own translation of it in my language although some Greek man sings it too. I didn't like his hahahaha
    ΖΗΤΩ Η ΕΛΛΑΣ, ΖΗΤΩ Η ΟΡΘΟΔΟΞΙΑ, ΖΗΤΩ Ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ, ΖΗΤΩ ΟΙ ΑΡΧΑΙΑ ΜΑΣ ΙΣΤΟΡΙΑ!!!!!!!!!!!! ΝΑ ΤΟΥΣ ΔΙΔΑΚΣΕΙ ΟΛΟΥΣ ΠΙΑ ΠΟΥ ΕΙΝΑΙ Η ΠΡΑΓΜΑΚΤΙΚΗ ΚΑΙ ΟΛΟΚΛΙΡΩΜΕΝΟΙ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ!!!!!

ELLADITSA@mac.com said:

Default why yuk to French. It seems so many just don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by NPazarka View Post
    Yes Flick! I suppose so

If I had to learn the languages I like + the ones I need, I'd have to learn ; German (wouldn't need all that much), French (yuk! difficult as hell), Turkish (working on it), Arabic, Greek, Spanish and maybe some Bulgarian!

It sounds 'unrealistic' but maybe in some sort of way it's not that unrealistic at all, surely not when you've got a passion and a strong will !
    its a beautiful language and Italian too. Now other languages sound funny to us, but are nice to know. I'm attracted to arabic and hebrew because the music is like mine. Now Turkish sounds funny to me, it has a mix of korean and some other strange sounds. Very harsh but if you can do it, so be it.

ELLADITSA@mac.com said:

Talking nene, I'll help you with the Greek, Its a very vital language where most languages d

Quote Originally Posted by Nene View Post
    Rec115,
    honestly I think that having such a passion for languages is somewhere a phenomenon. At least people around me made me believe so....Everytime I mention the languages I'm learning they always wonder. Of course the reactions are different; some say "you must be really talented" and some ask "What for?"....

Well, in fact it is more likely a hobby, something that makes me happy and fulfills my life. Now, this is what I presume you do understand and probably many of those who like this forum

I can translate the above into Hungarian, Slovak, Czech and Polish (=native).
    I can try to translate into German and Spanish as I've been learning these for quite a while
    My Greek, French and Serbian is only at the begginer level, so I wouldn't even dare to try

So, if you need the translations let me know.
    derived languages, check out www.josephyahuda.com and see why I'm learning Arabic, hebrew and latin too. Those you will see, different from each other and yet similar. Now Greek sounds so different, and yet you hear the sounds of all these languages. Some Greek has changed but if you look at Cyrpian, they use ch, The Cretans use sh where these sounds don't exist in Modern Greek. So I have to study Ancient Greek, Latin, hebrew and Arabic. Very interesting. But to understand the book, I have to learn to read in these languages. At least its down to two. I can read latin, and Greek, now Hebrew and Arabic is a challenge!!!!!!

NPazarka said:

Quote Originally Posted by ELLADITSA@mac.com View Post
    its a beautiful language and Italian too. Now other languages sound funny to us, but are nice to know. I'm attracted to arabic and hebrew because the music is like mine. Now Turkish sounds funny to me, it has a mix of korean and some other strange sounds. Very harsh but if you can do it, so be it.
    Well, Turkish music is similar to Greek music, cause I like to listen to both of them and have noticed it. In fact, Turkish music sounds more Greek than Arabic or Hebrew do.
    I'm not really into Hebrew music (yet) .. the Hebrew songs I've listened to were versions of Greek songs, so it doesn't surprise me that you think it resembles Greek music. -> Halom matok
    They sound very irritating to me, especially Saranga, he sings as if he's about to die. Maybe I'd be into Hebrew music if I'd find someone who can really sing and who has got nice songs.

Nene said:

Quote Originally Posted by ELLADITSA@mac.com View Post
    derived languages, check out www.josephyahuda.com and see why I'm learning Arabic, hebrew and latin too. Those you will see, different from each other and yet similar. Now Greek sounds so different, and yet you hear the sounds of all these languages. Some Greek has changed but if you look at Cyrpian, they use ch, The Cretans use sh where these sounds don't exist in Modern Greek. So I have to study Ancient Greek, Latin, hebrew and Arabic. Very interesting. But to understand the book, I have to learn to read in these languages. At least its down to two. I can read latin, and Greek, now Hebrew and Arabic is a challenge!!!!!!
    Unfortunately, for some strange reason I couldn't get to that webpage.
    I'm really curious though....

Good luck with your Hebrew and Arabic!!!!
    Mivel mindig az okos enged, már rég a hülyék uralkodnak...

rec115 said:

Yes please Nene, if your able to translate it in any langauges that would be excellent. Slovak, Czech and Polish are the ones I require as the other languages have been translated by others.
    Here is a Squeeseee and a hug as a token of my appreciation. Your dedication on this translation would re-enforce the foundation of your talents. Thank you, thank you, thank youuuu.
    Yeah your right the mystery and wonders of languages of the world. Others hear it and walk pass it, others hear it and they embrace it with passion. Then they tell you how much talent you have or they will question you on reasons for learning it. Its the same here, some are ignorant some are open to everything.
    I cant believe theres so many people here that feel the same way. I'm glad to see it.
    tree of knowledge

ELLADITSA@mac.com said:

Wink Maybe You Have A Mac.. You Have To Have A Pc For Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Nene View Post
    Unfortunately, for some strange reason I couldn't get to that webpage.
    I'm really curious though....

Good luck with your Hebrew and Arabic!!!!
    NOT ALL COMPUTERS OPEN THE WEBPAGE THE SAME. I'LL TRY TO GET THE BASIC INFO AND PASTE IT HERE

ELLADITSA@mac.com said:

*clip*
    Last edited by lollipop; 07-22-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: No links to illegal torrent sites (Rule No 6) . Use the PM for that, please.